ESPN Best Ball Majors 2014: British Open

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
This thread is for the 2014 ESPN Best Ball Majors Challenge/The Masters. As with last year, this year includes all 4 majors. The rules, FAQ's and how to plat pages are linked to from here: http://games.espn.go.com/best-ball-pga-majors/2014/en/game

Pick a team of four golfers per round, not exceeding a $50 million salary cap. You can change players every round, so keep up on who is doing well and who is missing the cut!

YOU ARE ABLE TO ENTER LAST YEAR'S GROUP.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL THP CONTEST! JUST FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS.

We've been doing this as individual tournaments in past years but this year (as last year) we can also have the Grand Slam winner, for people who participate in all four events. We had 40 people participate in at least one tournament last year. Let's see if we can get more than that to participate in all four this year!

See the website below for all the rules and how to play. Only thing different is you must use your THP name or it will be removed, and only one entry per person.

The third challenge begins July 17 with The British Open. You can get in until the first group tees off. Remember this is in the U.K., and it is scheduled to begin at 1 AM.

USE YOUR THP NAME IN YOUR ENTRY!!!

Website: http://games.espn.go.com/best-ball-pga-majors/en/frontpage
Group Name: THP Best Ball Majors 2014
Password: Hackers

(USE YOUR THP NAME IN YOUR ENTRY!!!)

Sign up and look for this under Private Groups. You must use the password to get in. Make sure you are actually in the group. If something happens and you aren't there, there's nothing I can do!

THIS IS A LOCKED GROUP. ONCE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS, YOU CAN'T GET IN OR LEAVE. I WILL OPEN IT UP AGAIN BEFORE THE BRITISH OPEN PART OF THIS CHALLENGE.

2014 Challenge winners:
The Masters: marker81 (-47)
The U.S. Open: Tapinbirdie (-34)
The British Open:
PGA Championship:

CURRENT OVERALL LEADER: MARKER81 (-80)

2013 Grand Slam Winner: marker81 (-147), four shots clear of second place. He was also in the top 0.3% nationally.

Current overall standings:

overallstandingsthruusopen_zps6ca288a2.jpg

Reserved.

Sweet! Looking forward to this.

Picks set!

Don't forget to sign up, or if already signed up, to get your team picked!

I'm in as always and round 1 picks are made.

Locked and ready.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reminder bump!

IN!!!!

I am in! Really wished I wouldn't have missed out on The Masters!

Last few hours bump!

GET IN AND MAKE A TEAM!

My team is set, and I have 1.8 million left over.

My entry is in. Should be fun.

You going to leave that 1.8 on the table??? My team is set.

You don't have to spend $50 million just because you have it. I picked the team I wanted, and didn't have enough left to pick anyone else who I thought would be better.

I will probably suck it up though, hahaha.

I'm all set. Hope I can do alright this one. Will be fun nonetheless.

Standings after round 1. Looks like a few didn't set a team.

bestballbritish1_zpse6658603.jpg

Remember to set your team for round 2! Not much time left!

Couple of minor changes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I over thought my lineup today...I think I'm going to get burned in the end because of it

I over thought my lineup today...I think I'm going to get burned in the end because of it
during yesterdays telecast, they were saying the early times might get the worse weather, so i took guys teeing off later...holy backfire

Didn't change a thing. Figured every time I tweak it before the cut it's a bad move, so let's see how it goes.

Didn't change a thing. Figured every time I tweak it before the cut it's a bad move, so let's see how it goes.
that is normally my theory as well, BUT had to move Rory out (which could burn me) his 2nd round history this year is bad

that is normally my theory as well, BUT had to move Rory out (which could burn me) his 2nd round history this year is bad
Did the same thing...oh well got burned by his great second round

Back