TaylorMade Ghost Spider Si Putter Review Thread

I was pretty consistent with putts inside of 6' with the Si. What is your miss on these putts?

Missing almost everything left. It is so solid and stable and I've made so many 10-20 ft putts but just not making the 5 ft ones for some odd reason

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Missing almost everything left. It is so solid and stable and I've made so many 10-20 ft putts but just not making the 5 ft ones for some odd reason

When I was practising I found a good few going left with the Si but only a touch left. I moved the ball back to centre by about half an inch and it sorted out. After putting conventionally all my life I had always putted and set up with the ball just forward of centre. Give it a go it may work for you also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How do you guys think this putter compares to the daddy long legs??

I have played 3 rounds now with the Spider Si and really impressed with the results. Putts per round have been 25, 29 and 31 all very respectable and only 2 x 3 putts which were definitely more Indian than Arrow! One of the biggest positives with this putter is that if you miss you are only left with a tap in or gimmie and that really takes the stress out of a round. Not sure my beloved SC's are going to be seeing much daylight any time soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for reply geo. Are you other guys still seeing same solid results ? Being lefty still haven't been able to roll it but talked to taylormade and even though they are out of stock can be ordered and built with no problem. Their website was just showing only right handed ones.

Had another good outing with this thing today. Still had 1 short miss that I haven't been accustom to in the last few years but it rolls the ball so good and I have great confidence in this putter

Finally got to roll this bad boy at pga superstore and was very impressed with the feel of it. I was switching back and forth with this and the spider blade and am leaning slightly towards the spider. Think i may have to go ahead and order one to put to the test.

Had 30 putts yesterday with my Si putter fewest putts YTD... That includes 2 three putts so very good day indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Noticed this putter getting some play last week in the pga pro championship and sabatini playing it too. Waiting for the July 4th sales to grab one.

4 weeks. In 4 weeks I will have one of these in the bag. Cannot wait.

Been playing this for the last month and overall I do like this. My biggest issue has been speed on longer putts which IMO has more to do with the Counter Balancing. I am taking a leap in a month and playing a non CB version of this and will be interested to see how that goes

Been playing this for the last month and overall I do like this. My biggest issue has been speed on longer putts which IMO has more to do with the Counter Balancing. I am taking a leap in a month and playing a non CB version of this and will be interested to see how that goes

didn't realize you went with the non CB model for the MC. Are you playing the slant neck version right now too?

didn't realize you went with the non CB model for the MC. Are you playing the slant neck version right now too?

Correct.... We semi created one at my fitting and it rolled great. A lot of stability because of the head shape and I could control the speed a little better. I would be ok with the CB if I had to go with it but just wanted it to be as familiar as possible

I really want to buy one of these. I roll it pretty well in the stores. The feel is pretty amazing too. ponder ponder ponder

My gamer still for the foreseeable future.

I took off the stock grip about 3 weeks ago and installed a SuperStroke Belly 17.
I love it. What I thought was a great putter is now a fantastic putter.
In the last 3 weeks (7 rounds) I have had only 1 3jack and an unfortunate brain flap of a 4 putt.
Other than those 2 holes (in the same round) this baby has been "money" for me.

Anybody playing the spider blade? It's interesting to see that the prices are much lower for this model vs the mallet style spider.

I took off the stock grip about 3 weeks ago and installed a SuperStroke Belly 17.
I love it. What I thought was a great putter is now a fantastic putter.
In the last 3 weeks (7 rounds) I have had only 1 3jack and an unfortunate brain flap of a 4 putt.
Other than those 2 holes (in the same round) this baby has been "money" for me.

I did the same thing for my Daddy Long Legs (white SS Belly 17" slim grip)- I also added a counterweight to the butt of the shaft to make up for the lighter grip. I'm a big fan, as well!

I struggled big time with this putter. Still going to give it some more time up here, but down there some results were just not pretty at all.

I struggled big time with this putter. Still going to give it some more time up here, but down there some results were just not pretty at all.

Why do you think you struggled with it? The counterbalancing?

Why do you think you struggled with it? The counterbalancing?

maybe, I don't know. Having Friday's 9 hole round get washed out really hurt for me. The TM crew didn't get 1 hole in that day. Was really hoping to get some on course time to get familiar with it. My biggest issue with it was speed. Putting is usually one of the better parts of my game, and this weekend it just was not. Just never got any confidence going with it and then I was either 6-7 feet passed the hole, or 2-5 feet short. Heck one hole I had a 30 foot putt that I got half way there.

maybe, I don't know. Having Friday's 9 hole round get washed out really hurt for me. The TM crew didn't get 1 hole in that day. Was really hoping to get some on course time to get familiar with it. My biggest issue with it was speed. Putting is usually one of the better parts of my game, and this weekend it just was not. Just never got any confidence going with it and then I was either 6-7 feet passed the hole, or 2-5 feet short. Heck one hole I had a 30 foot putt that I got half way there.

That's tough. It might be that. I know when I've struggled (3jacks) it's a speed issue on the first putt.

Is it the 38" model?

I've noticed distance problems with my Daddy Long Legs as well- the mallet doesn't have great feel to it in terms of distance control. My Scotty has the same weight profile but much better distance control.

Is it the 38" model?

I've noticed distance problems with my Daddy Long Legs as well- the mallet doesn't have great feel to it in terms of distance control. My Scotty has the same weight profile but much better distance control.

Mine was built at 36.5, about 2.5 inches longer than I normally use.

Back