What would you shoot off the ladies tee?

Ah, well swing and a miss on my part. Either way, that's long for anyone.

Last I checked, they didn't put an asterisk on Justin Rose's win because it wasn't a super long course

I still think Holly Sonders plays at 6600 and smokes most of us. Giving up 60 yards of the tee in the process.

I still think Holly Sonders plays at 6600 and smokes most of us. Giving up 60 yards of the tee in the process.

I agree. And any LPGA player could back up to whatever tees you want and smoke us.

I agree. And any LPGA player could back up to whatever tees you want and smoke us.
There's no doubt about it. Just look at the top 15 driving distances which most of us don't come anywhere close to averaging and then the accuracy / short game. They'd smoke us

But women golfers aren't as good as men. Because they have uteruses.

The 100th ranked woman in the world AVERAGES 246.65 yards. I know this is the internet but I bet 95% of the people on this forum are a lot closer to that number than they think.

Add in the professional short game?

Get smoked from anything under 7000 yards and probably more.

I am probably 15 yards shorter than that avg. Just take my money now.

The 100th ranked woman in the world AVERAGES 246.65 yards. I know this is the internet but I bet 95% of the people on this forum are a lot closer to that number than they think.

Add in the professional short game?

Get smoked from anything under 7000 yards and probably more.
Not to mention in the fairway haha

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the round. I'll be happy to answer.

Off the tee, what numbers were you playing to? My vision is that I can play to numbers off the tee but it will be a shorter number, like 100 instead of 140?

What was the distance difference between the tee boxes? I'm looking at 700-1000 yards for each 9 holes on my home course from what I usually play and the red tees.

Sounds like you're a much longer hitter than I. I normally play short local courses. Driver is 250-260 when I hit it well. Long courses eat my lunch because I'm left with long irons into greens.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

At 250/260, I wouldnt consider short imo. Especially for the average hacker who plays this game its probably leaning a tad on the long side of things imo. But i don't know what you consider too long. Even on a 7000 yard course how many par4's will be too far over 400 yards? Not too many. In fact probably a few still under 400. I guess it all depends on how the par5's and 3's and perhaps an oddball par4 all affect the total course yardage as that can be a deceiving number some times. . But I for a 400 yarder I wouldn't consider 150 to 160 too long of an iron approach. I wouldn't know for certain but from your driving yardage I assume your not hitting 3 or 4 irons or long hybrids from 150 to 160 out. Probably more a 7 and 8irons, even a 6 if the yardage is longer is not imo much too long. Perhaps it will be 180/190 on a few of the longer par4's but then also 140 on other shorter ones. No?

To the original question. I don't think I would score a whole bunch differently. As others have mentioned in different ways, I think it all depends what parts of the game is giving one the most troubles. For many (like me) the very good and the very bad can often come from any part with any club in the line up from anywhere fairly equally. The very rare occasion I may play the blues at my local instead of whites I don't loose a whole a bunch of strokes but may be just a few. I think if I played the reds it would be about the same the other way around. Perhaps even a tad more gained just from being closer but not very significant more imo.

BLUE - 73.8/135 - 7046
WHITE - 71.4/129 - 6456
MENʼS FWD - 68.4/122 - 5796

The above is my course and I pay the whites most every time. and (although been better and worse) usually average in the low 90's. I could probably add or minus 5 to 7 strokes on average for moving either back or up for an average round. But again it depends what part/s of the game do not work well that day and also just how bad those problems may be. Is it an average round? or a great one? or real bad one? just too may scenarios to consider to say for certain what will happen but only too assume for an average round. I guess would have to play each set a number of times to come up with a good or average answer.

Off the tee, what numbers were you playing to? My vision is that I can play to numbers off the tee but it will be a shorter number, like 100 instead of 140?

What was the distance difference between the tee boxes? I'm looking at 700-1000 yards for each 9 holes on my home course from what I usually play and the red tees.

I was playing to 120-130 every time which is the same number I play to from the whites/blues. Only thing that changed was I would hit hybrid instead of driver, or 6i instead of 4i. Playing to 100 wouldnt do me any good if trying for a good score because that not a full swing shot for me, id rather have a full swing.

The total difference from whites was about 700yds, and its 1300 from blues.

cray cray

cray cray

Just because we post on THP doesn't mean we are all long off the tee. I wet myself, I am so happy, when I hit 230 (with roll). I bet if you looked at the mean driver length, its probably equal to what it is for amateur golfers ... no longer, no shorter. You take the worst woman on the LPGA and put her against us hackers, and we play the same tees and she knocks us down and takes our lunch money.

Anyone of us who thinks that we can take her, when this is her livelihood and practices every facet of this game day in and day out, is delusional.

This thread has #InternetGolfer written all over it.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

I was playing to 120-130 every time which is the same number I play to from the whites/blues. Only thing that changed was I would hit hybrid instead of driver, or 6i instead of 4i. Playing to 100 wouldnt do me any good if trying for a good score because that not a full swing shot for me, id rather have a full swing.

The total difference from whites was about 700yds, and its 1300 from blues.

I can swing a full shot from 100 with my C wedge so that may be one advantage. That's the number I'll be trying to play to whenever I can. What is the shortest distance you can hit a full swing to? If you tailored your tee game to going to that number instead of the same number you play normally would that make a difference?

I think that will be one telling difference when trying this. People who have the ability to take full swings from shorter distances may have a leg up perhaps?

I can swing a full shot from 100 with my C wedge so that may be one advantage. That's the number I'll be trying to play to whenever I can. What is the shortest distance you can hit a full swing to? If you tailored your tee game to going to that number instead of the same number you play normally would that make a difference?

I think that will be one telling difference when trying this. People who have the ability to take full swings from shorter distances may have a leg up perhaps?

My shortest full swing distance is 120, which is why I was shooting there. When playing regular tees I shoot for 120-150 depending on hole layout, but from the ladies I could be a bit more aggressive on some shots.

Personally I dont think that taking a full swing from a shorter distance gives any advantage or disadvantage. Capt.dru has a full swing club at 100 that he was trying to lay to and shot 92 to my 80. I can shank a sand wedge just as far right as I can my 4i. The distance of the course doesnt change the need to make a good swing. Then you still have to putt or even chip if you miss the green. I doubt that people who try this will see a jump in GIR numbers.

This was an interesting experiment today. I was only -2 from what I shot last week from the whites. Niteowl is right in that we still played to numbers but used hybrids or long irons instead of the driver. I used a lot more of my short irons today and still had some trouble hitting GIR's and thats because I hit quite a bit more fairway's than usual. If anything playing from the ladies tees really exposed my weakness in the short game area. We are planning on playing from the ladies tees tomorrow. Hopefully it will be better as my swing is slowly starting to come around.

What would you shoot off the ladies tee?

Personally I think a big part of it has to do with the shorter yardage messing with golfers mind before they even put the tee in the ground. Everyone's initial reaction is to bag the driver and be taken out of their comfort zone. If you know how to hit your driver and know your game then driver is your biggest asset. Taking driver from the red or forward tee requires confidence and trust that the shot you are about to hit is the correct shot. Most high handicap golfers lack the confidence so IMHO a golfer who has confidence in their game will shoot close to 5 shots better on the forward tees then the back or men's tees because the distance off the tee will put them in places to score more often, and thus hopefully leading to more birdies and less bogies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will let you know in the next week or so. I have been thinking about trying this lately to see how I score with shorter approach shots.

Ill add 2 examples from today that are stuck in my head.

Par 3 playing 94yds. (Normally plays 130-150 from whites) Dru has a perfect full swing 100yd club in his hand and thins it to the back of the green for a 50ft putt. I jokingly tell him I dont have this shot in my bag, choke down on my 55* with a 3/4 swing and put my shot to about 10ft. We both make par. Perfect club for Dru, poor swing made it no easier from the ladies tees.

Par 3 playing 111yds (Normally plays about 160 from whites) Normally I am pin high left on this hole, and wound up in the exact same position today. Poor chip left me with a 20ft putt. I made bogey. Usually I hit a better chip and can save par.

Will let you know in the next week or so. I have been thinking about trying this lately to see how I score with shorter approach shots.

Keep us posted. It will definitely show your short game capabilities. I knew my short game needed work, but after today, it showed me that I really need to work on it.

Km walking 9 this morning, plan on playing frkm the reds to get different distance practice. Ill post a score later

. The distance of the course doesnt change the need to make a good swing. Then you still have to putt or even chip if you miss the green. I doubt that people who try this will see a jump in GIR numbers.

Interesting as that was one of my assumptions that would happen when I try it. Was your GIR and putting numbers comparable to a "normal" round?

This was an interesting experiment today. I was only -2 from what I shot last week from the whites. Niteowl is right in that we still played to numbers but used hybrids or long irons instead of the driver. I used a lot more of my short irons today and still had some trouble hitting GIR's and thats because I hit quite a bit more fairway's than usual. If anything playing from the ladies tees really exposed my weakness in the short game area. We are planning on playing from the ladies tees tomorrow. Hopefully it will be better as my swing is slowly starting to come around.

Ill add 2 examples from today that are stuck in my head.

Par 3 playing 94yds. (Normally plays 130-150 from whites) Dru has a perfect full swing 100yd club in his hand and thins it to the back of the green for a 50ft putt. I jokingly tell him I dont have this shot in my bag, choke down on my 55* with a 3/4 swing and put my shot to about 10ft. We both make par. Perfect club for Dru, poor swing made it no easier from the ladies tees.

Par 3 playing 111yds (Normally plays about 160 from whites) Normally I am pin high left on this hole, and wound up in the exact same position today. Poor chip left me with a 20ft putt. I made bogey. Usually I hit a better chip and can save par.

Both above, are why its not all that much a huge difference imo. One still needs to execute golf shots. Still needs to make the tee shots, approach shots, and play a short game and putt. Still need to make good, smart decisions too. Its also even why pace problems dont come from tee choice alone. Whether i use my driver or a 5w or a 4iron from the tee I still need to make the shot. Approach with a GW, 8i, or 6i, i still need to execute that shot and so on till the ball is holed. For mid and higher cappers who struggle for consistencies throughout the bag, the game will not be all that much different towards counting strokes from any tees perhaps with exception of really long ones and/or those who do not posess much distance. Other than that the game still has to be played and shots still need to be made.

I seriously doubt my score would change a whole lot. I still have to put a good swing on the ball, I still have to chip & I still have to putt.
If I play 9 after work today, I might just give it a go & see what happens.

Niteowl03 and capt.dru's experiment was very enlightening. I imagine the 2 stroke downturn in scores is within their standard deviation of scores, so it could as easily be +2 the next time they tried it. It makes sense that playing to a specific yardage won't give you much of a change in scores because it's changing your club selection off the tee. I'm going to purposely stick with the clubs I'd usually play off the white's and adapt to the game as it comes. Wonder how that'll effect my score.

Niteowl03 and capt.dru's experiment was very enlightening. I imagine the 2 stroke downturn in scores is within their standard deviation of scores, so it could as easily be +2 the next time they tried it. It makes sense that playing to a specific yardage won't give you much of a change in scores because it's changing your club selection off the tee. I'm going to purposely stick with the clubs I'd usually play off the white's and adapt to the game as it comes. Wonder how that'll effect my score.

That would be interesting deuce. I might give that a try if I play today to see what happens.

I would think 2 to 5 strokes better.

The distance I can cope with, but if the short game is still lacking I wouldn't be saving many more strokes.

Back