Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Good man.

If you can he there early enough, George Dunne might be the best park district course in the state. Plenty of solid options south and west of TP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played St.Andrews today. First time. Shot an 88 that could have been a 80 really easily. I'll be back. Great practice facility!

I've only hit balls there this yet. What sort of shape is the course in? I've usually played there about 10 times by now.

anyone with $1200 bucks to burn can make Bowes Creek AND The Highlands of Elgin your home clubs for the rest of the summer... you could play a lot of good golf for that money.... if you have the time. I don't....:crying:

Join now for $400/month (3 month minimum, 4 month maximum, half of monthly dues can be applied to your 2015 annual membership dues. New members only.)

Membership benefits include unlimited golf and cart rental, unlimited practice facility use, CDGA handicap, 20% discount on all merchandise in the golf shop, unlimited complimentary green fee at The Highlands and Wing Park golf courses. Discounts for guests fees and tee times available 30 days in advance.

I will if I'm in town.

From The HTC One Blue!

I'll be in the Tinley Park area August 30th. Anyone wanna play?

If you can he there early enough, George Dunne might be the best park district course in the state. Plenty of solid options south and west of TP.

I agree with George Dunne. They play US Open qualifiers there. I haven't been down there this year, but the course is usually in fantastic shape. GPS carts too. The earlier, the better, as it can get slow on weekends.

And I'm scheduled to be in town that weekend, so I'd be down to play.

anyone with $1200 bucks to burn can make Bowes Creek AND The Highlands of Elgin your home clubs for the rest of the summer... you could play a lot of good golf for that money.... if you have the time. I don't....:crying:

Join now for $400/month (3 month minimum, 4 month maximum, half of monthly dues can be applied to your 2015 annual membership dues. New members only.)

Membership benefits include unlimited golf and cart rental, unlimited practice facility use, CDGA handicap, 20% discount on all merchandise in the golf shop, unlimited complimentary green fee at The Highlands and Wing Park golf courses. Discounts for guests fees and tee times available 30 days in advance.

If going for Bowe's, get in with the two Jims, Trefil and McAlese. Great guys and great players to hook up with.

Thought about it and will probably save that $1200 for irons I have no real reason to buy.

Thought about it and will probably save that $1200 for irons I have no real reason to buy.

Ha...if I were single with no commitments, this would be tough to pass on! I love both courses, both have excellent practice facilities, HOE is 10 min from my house and Bowes is 25.

Anyone want to shoot tomorrow early morning, Sunday July 13th, somewhere in the NW suburbs? I'm in Lake in the Hills, but could drive up to about 30 minutes to get somewhere.

Hit up Derek, might have a spot at Bushwood.

That's more than 30 minute drive but there's always room....

From The HTC One Blue!

Chicago THPers! I need some help. Traveling up to Chicago on Sunday and I'll be there until Wednesday. Looks like I'll be going to the Cubs game on Tuesday. I also hear I need to eat some pizza while I'm in town to. Any other suggestions of things I need to see and do while I'm in town? Thanks!

If you want to avoid the tourists and hit an excellent local spot for Chicago pizza. http://pequodspizza.com pizzeria uno, due, and Lou Malnaties are good as well but will all be jammed with tourists. The architectural boat tour is an excellent way to learn about the city. Are you going to play any golf while you are here? Pequods is the stuff...

Any other specific interests? Are you staying downtown?

Giordano's is my favorite pizza place. If you're looking for some other things you may want to check out http://www.citypass.com/chicago. It allows you to do a bunch of the popular things in town at a decent price. I absolutely love the Museum of Science and Industry. I could go there monthly if I lived closer.

Chicago THPers! I need some help. Traveling up to Chicago on Sunday and I'll be there until Wednesday. Looks like I'll be going to the Cubs game on Tuesday. I also hear I need to eat some pizza while I'm in town to. Any other suggestions of things I need to see and do while I'm in town? Thanks!

If you want to avoid the tourists and hit an excellent local spot for Chicago pizza. http://pequodspizza.com pizzeria uno, due, and Lou Malnaties are good as well but will all be jammed with tourists. The architectural boat tour is an excellent way to learn about the city. Are you going to play any golf while you are here? Pequods is the stuff...

Any other specific interests? Are you staying downtown?

I wish I was playing golf. I'll be busy all day, but I'm looking forward to getting out at night. I'm going to eat pizza until I'm sick! Haha

I'm staying downtown. I heard the boat tour was awesome and I plan on going up in some of the skyscrapers for the view. Just looking for some things that I should check out while I'm there. Thanks for the suggestions!

Definitely second the Giordanos and boat tour recommendation. Very cool to see all the buildings and hear the history.

Instead of paying to go to one of the viewing decks go to the bar at the top of the Hancock for a beverage...my buddy used to live in the building and he would always give this tip. The view from there is awesome! Research the pizza if you go with Giordano's and go to one of the others as well...its a totally different pie, stuffed not true Chi deep dish. (no offense intended - pizza cant can get near violent)ha! I do love Giordano's, used to order it regularly when I lived down there. Museum of S and I is a great suggestion!

Here is a great resource when it comes to dinning out....
http://chicago.eater.com/archives/2...-38-essential-chicago-restaurants-july-14.php
This is the time of the year when Chicago really shines!

I don't spend much time in the city at all, so I don't know what all the must sees are. But I will agree on Museum of Science and Industry. And I recommend trying all the pizza joints you can haha. Giordano's and Lou's are my favorite. I'd do stuffed at Giordano's and Chicago deep dish at Lou's. There's also a new (I think it's new) Harry Caray's 7th Inning Stretch in the Water Tower. Looks kinda neat, and has Chicago sports museum in it. If that interests you.

Looking to play a new course this weekend in the NW burbs and would like to keep the price around $50. So far I was looking at Tanna Farms, but was wondering if anyone has some other suggestions as well.

Looking to play a new course this weekend in the NW burbs and would like to keep the price around $50. So far I was looking at Tanna Farms, but was wondering if anyone has some other suggestions as well.

Shepherd's Crook is my vote.

From The HTC One Blue!

The Wilson Event Friday October 10th extra round is posted over in the appropriate thread and they are looking for a head count...Mistwood! whoo hoo!

That'll be a good time for sure. I'll probably get over there around 9-10am.

That'll be a good time for sure. I'll probably get over there around 9-10am.

I'll be taking the day off work so I will be heading over there early as well.

Back