Callaway Apex UT Utility Iron

It sure does look pretty!

That is a pure thing of beauty.

Doubt they'll make them in LH (other than for Phil), but if they do, I'd love to give it a hit. I probably couldn't hit it worth a damn, but it's too sexy not to try it out!

I like the looks and I think putting the Apex name on it was smart.

I really wish I would not have seen this lol

Pretty stick, not a chance I could hit it straight however!

Hashtag brought this beast out to the Morgan Cup shafted with a KBS Tour V and it is freaking lights out awesome. I have hated every DI thats been dropped in the last few years, and the ball flight and performance of this thing is just pure amazing. I don't know if it will end up in the bag, but if I played in situations that required a target approach with a lower ball flight, I wouldn't sleep in it.

I walked aways after watching some of you guys hitting it. Out of my league but it looks fantastic and there were some definite bombs being hit my a few.

Would love to hear some others thoughts on it as well as your Fupresti

I took a couple of swings with it and it was surprisingly easier to hit than I thought. Too much shaft in there for me, but with an open spot in my bag & the right shaft I might give this a tinker and see what it can do.

I would pay to watch Spicoli hit this thing all day. I saw him hit one ball. Jaw...meet floor.

I would pay to watch Spicoli hit this thing all day. I saw him hit one ball. Jaw...meet floor.

Dude he crushed that thing. He would be deadly with that thing.

No lie Pete! I took a few swing after he did and felt less of a man afterwards. Spicoli does things with clubs most people dream of. Quite impressive!

in the few swings I did take with it on Friday it certainly was different. My initial thoughts were this is a steroid injected 2 iron, but after a few swings it was clearly much easier to hit than a 2, and the feel was a combination of iron/hybrid. I found decent trajectory and plenty of distance. It's not for my bag that's for sure, cause I feel a 20 degree hybrid works better in more situations. But it was fun to swing.

I think this thing has found a niche in my game. Hit it cold with no glove in Myrtle and was super impressed. Easy to get up off the deck and felt like butter when hit well. 3 swings is all it took, oh and Spicoli hitting this thing about 250 carry. Not sure what the stock shaft will be in it, but the 21* head with a lowish mid launch, low spin shaft would be amazing for my bag.

Was anyone hitting it off the deck?

Tyler, what club could this replace in your bag?

Pretty sure Spicoli did take a few passes from the deck with it.

Tell me how this thing is different than a 2 iron. Just got my Apex 2i in recoil reg shaft and bagging it for low ball and tight shot needs when 215 won't hurt me off the tee? I'm not a hybrid guy.

I took a few swipes with this in Myrtle and loved it

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Tell me how this thing is different than a 2 iron. Just got my Apex 2i in recoil reg shaft and bagging it for low ball and tight shot needs when 215 won't hurt me off the tee? I'm not a hybrid guy.
The sole of this club is definitely wider, the weighting is also a bit different from the standard two iron. It's a heck of a lot easier to hit than the old school duece.

I only took it off the deck with a Tour V. It'd be right there with my 22* Hybrid. Before I'd purchase it I'd see if it makes the gap between that slot and my 4 iron a little better. Sometimes I feel like the 22* and 4 iron are very similar distance, but we will see.

I have 2 words.......

Jeff Spicoli!

He did on the Range. It was disgusting how far it went.

Yep. Pretty much every club in his hands gets that response.

I don't know where the 21* Apex UT would fit in the bag, but it is a great club. Feels fantastic, is easy to hit, and produces a nice and high flight.

I only took one swing with it, but I thought it was pretty easy to hit and launch. At 21* it would replace my 3 iron I think. For me personally, I would be more interested in a lower lofted model--18* or so to replace my 5 wood.

Back