PING i25 Irons - Review Thread

Thanks, Gaines! The finish concern was the only hold up for me before. I'm currently playing G25's, which have been great. Over 110 rounds on them and they look fantastic, but realize that finish is closer to the older, traditional finish that I had on my i3's and various other Ping iron sets. The i25 design is very pleasing to my eye and I look forward to many rounds of enjoyment with them as well!

They can get dinged. I've dinged three of mine (2 from the bag falling over on concrete) nothing that affects performance but frustrating none the less. Anyone else have the paint fill dots flake off? Most of mine have gone, again it affects nothing but aesthetics. Still love the irons!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putts4bogey,
I've got about 8 rounds in, and probably better than a fifteen hundred range balls, and the finish is nearly perfect. The sole shows almost no wear at all, and the faces are still like new...except for a 8 iron that I hit from the sand, and it left a few tiny abrasions. It is quite amazing how durable they are.

DrMWD,
My 7 iron red dot fell out sometime during my first round. All the others are hanging in there just fine,

Yeah these are sweet I played one round and grabbed my Adams sticks and stuffed em back in the bag. Sweet looking but they just aren't for me.

I had the opportunity to put these in play today for 36 and will use them for 18 more tomorrow. Really enjoyed these, just had a bit of an adjustment period for the first few holes. I was attempting to hit these with a baby draw, but kept hitting them straight or with a little fade. It cost me for the first 5 holes, and then adjusted for the rest of the day. Ball flight was very good and control was great, once I knew how I should approach these. I really had these working well for the final 27 holes. And I'm really excited to put them in play tomorrow. I expect great results tomorrow with the knowledge from today.

I had the opportunity to put these in play today for 36 and will use them for 18 more tomorrow. Really enjoyed these, just had a bit of an adjustment period for the first few holes. I was attempting to hit these with a baby draw, but kept hitting them straight or with a little fade. It cost me for the first 5 holes, and then adjusted for the rest of the day. Ball flight was very good and control was great, once I knew how I should approach these. I really had these working well for the final 27 holes. And I'm really excited to put them in play tomorrow. I expect great results tomorrow with the knowledge from today.
Just curious, are you thinking of moving on from the DPC's? What did you experience in the i25's compared to the DPCs?

Just curious, are you thinking of moving on from the DPC's? What did you experience in the i25's compared to the DPCs?

Curious to see if I liked them more than the j40s or the i20s. They are quite good, but to be perfectly honest, I enjoy playing the DPC's more. I would not change over to them, but I would definitely game them if I had them at hand. I really did like what I saw out of them. Nice ball flight and I seemed to stop the ball on the greens well. Look forward to set how I play then tomorrow. Never know, I may pick some up as a back up set, sometime down the road.

Another quick question to the i25 players. As I mentioned, I'm playing G25's now, which I was fit for (multiple fittings) in a blue dot. I have no complaints whatsoever with ball flight performance with these clubs, but love the looks of the i25's. I went to the same shop I purchased my G's from for the i's. I had a different fitter, who indicated blue, maybe yellow, it's a split on the lie board/impact tape marks. I went with blue because that is what I have now and sticking with the same shaft in the i's. While I'm awaiting arrival, I'm wondering if I made the right spec choice to stay with blue. From your Ping experience, would you stick with the same specs on the G's as the i's, with all else (shaft) being the same?

Last edited:
Another quick question to the i25 players. As I mentioned, I' playing G25's now, which I was fit for (multiple fittings) in a blue dot. I have no complaints whatsoever with ball flight performance with these clubs, but love the looks of the i25's. I went to the same shop I purchased my G's from for the i's. I had a different fitter, who indicated blue, maybe yellow, it's a split on the lie board/impact tape marks. I went with blue because that is what I have now and sticking with the same shaft in the i's. While I'm awaiting arrival, I'm wondering if I made the right spec choice to stay with blue. From your Ping experience, would you stick with the same specs on the G's as the i's, with all else (shaft) being the same?

Game the i20s, not the i25s, but I would have stuck with what I know if I was happy with it. If you ever have any concerns, you can have them adjusted down the road so no worries.

Thanks, JonD, for the feedback. I'm sticking with the blue since it will be somewhat consistent for the G's, which I don't plan on parting with. Now I just have to work on developing a more consistent swing.

Here is a shot of my three most used clubs, as I said before I'm hard on my clubs and these three have 1000+ hits each.

The 9 iron has a ding from hitting off a rock and the 5i & 7i have scratches near the toe where my clubs rub against each other in the bag. Isn't really scratches, more like shiny spots from rubbing together.

The soles look pretty new with no wear.

Spoiler
Ping%20i25%20wear.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics. They look good.

Compared to my forged irons these things are tanks! I'm glad they finally have good feeling cast clubs on the market, so much easier to take car of.

Interesting to see the i25 wedges in Hunters bag.

That truly is interesting, pretty cool to see in fact.

Just regarding finish mine are being replaced by Ping due to what is believed to be a faulty cast, 3 clubs have what looks like a bulge developing on the back not due to wear and tear. Will take some pics tomorrow.

Just regarding finish mine are being replaced by Ping due to what is believed to be a faulty cast, 3 clubs have what looks like a bulge developing on the back not due to wear and tear. Will take some pics tomorrow.

That's a bummer, but you have to love PING's customer service.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Played a couple rounds this weekend, Shot 80 & 81. I choked on a few close birdie putts and the driver let me down all weekend.

With that said, this was my best weekend with the i25's since putting them in the bag. I'm at that point now where I know them well enough to shape and hit shots without thought. I punched a 9 iron through a 2 foot opening 30 feet away, and I did this a couple times over the weekend (darn driver).

The missed shot of the day was a 205 yard low off the toe shot with my 5 iron that left me a nice eagle putt. (I missed the putt, and lipped out the birdie one too but that's because it was a sideways hole practically). Man oh man does that forgiveness help when you need it.

Not sure what I haven't said already about these irons but they are the real deal, so so so accurate. If the i25's fit your eye and your swing you have to put them in your bag. There is no other club on the market right now at this price point that can come close to competing.

Just had another person fall in love with the i25s after hitting mine and is looking to get a set. Very tough clubs to beat especially with how easy it is to get fit for a set of irons through Ping fitting carts.

I played Sunday and am getting more and more confident with my new i25 irons. My best swings produce towering mid irons, and penetrating short irons. All but my lousiest swings produce manageable results. I finished my round with the same two balls that I started with...always a good sign.

I can't believe that it took me so long to give up my forged irons for the I25s. I have given up very little in feel and control, but have gained so much more in terms of forgiveness and consistency. These are not distance irons, but offer a player with a consistent swing, the rewards of a good swing, but the chance to get away with a few bad ones.

I can't believe that it took me so long to give up my forged irons for the I25s. I have given up very little in feel and control, but have gained so much more in terms of forgiveness and consistency. These are not distance irons, but offer a player with a consistent swing, the rewards of a good swing, but the chance to get away with a few bad ones.

100% agree with this.

After a fitting decided I on the i25s. I've now had the full set for over a week and during that time I've had the chance to play 5 rounds. I'm very impressed. With what I have given up in distance with my old set (which were about 2 degrees stronger with each club) I have gained in accuracy. My first round I hit 15/18 greens, and with two of the greens I missed because my tee shot gave me no chance to hit the green in regulation.

I am very pleasantly surprised with how high and straight I can hit the 4-iron. Much better than any hybrid I've ever used. In fact, I'm so happy with the club that I went ahead and purchased the 3-iron as well. It has been years since I've played without out least one hybrid in the bag, but if the 3 is anywhere near as good as the 4 that's exactly what's going to happen.

Now if they only made an i25 putter I'd really be dangerous.

Back