Average on Cally pew owned

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody bought anything labeled that and if so how did it look

While I haven't bought anything labelled Average, I have always found their descriptions to be exceeded by the actual condition of the item. Like New items are generally new in plastic as an example.

While I haven't bought anything labelled Average, I have always found their descriptions to be exceeded by the actual condition of the item. Like New items are generally new in plastic as an example.

Yep, everything I have ever got that was "like new" ended up still being in plastic.

They're excellent.

I have never bought average. Most have been like new, I did pick up a "very good" driver, it had one tiny little paint chip on the head, but other than that it was in great shape

My last purchase from Callaway pre-owned was labelled "average." It was a TM R11s 3-wood. It had a LOT of sky marks on the crown of the club, and I was disappointed since everything else I've ever bought from them was better than rated. After reading the "average" description I guess I got what I paid for.

Everything has been better than the description, and that's been through their e-bay store. And while there's been wear on the club, the grip has always been new.

I love me some Callaway pre-owned.

My last purchase from Callaway pre-owned was labelled "average." It was a TM R11s 3-wood. It had a LOT of sky marks on the crown of the club, and I was disappointed since everything else I've ever bought from them was better than rated. After reading the "average" description I guess I got what I paid for.
I think I bought one club labeled average and it met their description of that rating rather than being better than the description, which has been my experience with all other purchases. It was perfectly fair, just not the normal better than average deal we get.

I would say give it a try and order what your looking for and if it's not to your liking they offer a money back guarantee.

You must have been lucky with their preowned "like new" being in plastic. Mine were boxed terribly and had a little chatter on all of the irons as a result. The pitching wedge was terrible, had a very noticable nick in the hosel and the face had the scratching you get when the irons rub together really hard. All that being said, when I emailed them about they offered a partial refund. I declined that and said i would pay shipping if they sent me the A wedge, which they have. The guy I dealt with was excellent, very good customer service.

My wife's clubs (RAZR X HL) were listed as average. They're a bit beat up - some of the black accents are worn off, and they have some scrapes on them, but they are absolutely playable.

I've bought a couple things from them that were marked average. One (a 56 deg wedge) had some minor scuffs on the face but nothing of any concern at all...the other, a hybrid, had a couple small scuffs on the back of the clubhead - barely noticeable. I would not hesitate to order something in that category again. My whole bag except putter is now Cally Pre-Owned and it's the first place I go looking for clubs. Great stuff.

I only bought 2 things that were average. A callaway hybrid and a set of cleveland irons. The hybrid was better than average, the irons were rough. So they are conservative with ratings of their own products.

I've purchased from callawaypreowned. The equipment condition exceeded my expectations every time.

I've never bought anything "worse" than Very Good and it looked like it was made hit one or two rounds worth of shots, maybe less. 99% of the time, I buy Like New from them and like others have said. They come in plastic most of the time. If there is one scuff on it, that's rare.

i bought "average" from CGP during the father's day bogo. 3 and 5 wood xhot. they both had skymarks. i bought a hybrid that was "like new" from them as well and it was minty.

Back