John Daly Returning to The Masters

Obviously he doesn't have the ability if he didn't qualify lol! I didn't know he was just pulling up in his pickup truck and selling things I thought he had a booth lol But I still don't understand how this is going to take away from the importance of the masters!

Because the Masters is a very classy tournament. I feel the main motto there is respect. It isn't some mini-tour event where you bring out the half ton and start selling your own stuff.

But he is not selling knock off Masters shirts, hes selling his ugly golf stuff. As much as I dislike dealing with annoying circus type vendors and solicitors, you have to respect anyone out there trying to earn a buck. If Augusta didnt want him there, they could get the city to somehow make it so he couldnt sell his stuff. Im assuming he has all the permits he needs right?

He does, but you cant compare him to an official sponsor that pays millions like Budweiser. And I think if it was other people, it would not get this reaction. But this guy is a circus side show at this point and for what he says about "working hard" and seriously trying to make a run, why not play somewhere that weekend or spend some time practicing.

He does, but you cant compare him to an official sponsor that pays millions like Budweiser. And I think if it was other people, it would not get this reaction. But this guy is a circus side show at this point and for what he says about "working hard" and seriously trying to make a run, why not play somewhere that weekend or spend some time practicing.

Because he's millions in debt lol!

Because he's millions in debt lol!

You should really do a little research. What he earned last year along could have paid off his entire debt if his payments were setup this way!

You should really do a little research. What he earned last year along could have paid off his entire debt if his payments were setup this way!

I'm not sure either of us are in any kind of a position to say whether or not he could have paid off all of his debt. Unless of course you are his accountant.....

I'm not sure either of us are in any kind of a position to say whether or not he could have paid off all of his debt. Unless of course you are his accountant.....

His debt is public knowledge and he himself has said what he earned last year in interviews.

Its still a train wreck. I see these threads about JD and I don't want to look, but I cannot help myself. I am truly sick of him and his act. Enough already, but he will be there as long as their is a buck to be made. Like any aging has-been athlete who tries to make a living off his notoriety because he no longer has game, it is painful to watch the slide.

His debt is public knowledge and he himself has said what he earned last year in interviews.

Ok I guess we could know then where is earnings should go and how and when he pays off his debt fair enough....

Its still a train wreck. I see these threads about JD and I don't want to look, but I cannot help myself. I am truly sick of him and his act. Enough already, but he will be there as long as their is a buck to be made. Like any aging has-been athlete who tries to make a living off his notoriety because he no longer has game, it is painful to watch the slide.

C-Tech. I feel he still has game, he doesn't make use of it properly. Like JB said: He could be out practicing right now, or making use of his free time properly. He still has the ability to shoot great rounds, and if he can gain consistency and quit worrying about "The Long ball" he can get something going.

I do watch his show and the last episode concerned his stupidity of the tee and his club choices. That is clearly his problem right now.

C-Tech. I feel he still has game, he doesn't make use of it properly. Like JB said: He could be out practicing right now, or making use of his free time properly. He still has the ability to shoot great rounds, and if he can gain consistency and quit worrying about "The Long ball" he can get something going.

I do watch his show and the last episode concerned his stupidity of the tee and his club choices. That is clearly his problem right now.

With a lot of athletes that were good in their day, it is probably harder for them too let go and know that they don't have the abilities to do it anymore.......

I'm sorry, Dent, but if he still had game, he would be playing golf on the weekends. Like any aging athlete, he has periods of decency, but his consistent game is a goner. You cannot play 1 or even 2 good rounds a week and compete on the PGA Tour. There is a reason his world ranking is off the bottom of the charts... it indicates his ability.

I cant disagree with you on that JB, the big companies spend some coin to be there. I have never been to the Masters. Do they have a vendors row where he will be or is really just parked on the side of the road?

I cant disagree with you on that JB, the big companies spend some coin to be there. I have never been to the Masters. Do they have a vendors row where he will be or is really just parked on the side of the road?

They do have a vendors row, but from what we have gathered, he will not be there. In fact come to think of it, I am not sure about the vendors row anymore. We just got an invite to go for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and cannot make it. It is killing us.

They do have a vendors row, but from what we have gathered, he will not be there. In fact come to think of it, I am not sure about the vendors row anymore. We just got an invite to go for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and cannot make it. It is killing us.

Holy hell! What could be more important then being invited to the masters for three days!?!?!?

<furiously waving hands> I'll go!! I'll go!!!!

Holy hell! What could be more important then being invited to the masters for three days!?!?!?

Somethings in life such as work and business are more important. We have been before and will go again!

I'm sorry, Dent, but if he still had game, he would be playing golf on the weekends. Like any aging athlete, he has periods of decency, but his consistent game is a goner. You cannot play 1 or even 2 good rounds a week and compete on the PGA Tour. There is a reason his world ranking is off the bottom of the charts... it indicates his ability.

He lacks the consistency because of his lack of dedication. His show is all about his comeback, but deep into the story, you can still see his lack of dedication. Where has he ever mentioned practice time on his own? The only time you see him practice is before a tournament. He doesn't have the drive anymore.

He lacks the consistency because of his lack of dedication. His show is all about his comeback, but deep into the story, you can still see his lack of dedication. Where has he ever mentioned practice time on his own? The only time you see him practice is before a tournament. He doesn't have the drive anymore.

I have the capacity to play the piano in concert. I have all my fingers and feet to work the pedals. That does not mean I have the drive or dedication to make it happen. JD is much the same. Who is to know if it is that his ability has gone or he just hasn't the willingness to hone that ability to a sharp edge. Either way, they do not pay prize money for poor performance, regardless of the underlying reason.

I have the capacity to play the piano in concert. I have all my fingers and feet to work the pedals. That does not mean I have the drive or dedication to make it happen. JD is much the same. Who is to know if it is that his ability has gone or he just hasn't the willingness to hone that ability to a sharp edge. Either way, they do not pay prize money for poor performance, regardless of the underlying reason.

Agreed,

I don't think its his ability that's gone. He's shown that he can shoot in the 60's without problem. 4 rounds of that can possibly place you in the top 10. I just don't think he is doing all he can do to become a good golfer again.

sure would be special if daly sings and strums the national anthem during opening ceremony before it begins :sarcastic: ...

musical aptitude aside ... i hope he wins sometime ...

while i'm not going to argue if he's a receptacle of scum, or otherwise vilify his virtue or decency, i will root for him since i consider him an underdog (owing his casualty to personal responsibility notwithstanding) ...

there is always someone more righteous than you are, with unwavering and bountiful principle, just as there is also always someone more vile, contemptible, and just plain lousy than you are ...

but viewing him from the perspective of that end result casualty golf story ... it makes me want that down and out flunkee to win just one more time :act-up:

Last edited:
It's crazy how the fans love and adore him, something i'll quite not fully understand. But I am a fan of his show. His golf-swing looks good to me when he hits, just obviously "missing" somewhere.

Then again I'm a new Golfer, so his swing may look like crap to others.

Here is a little more info on this.

he’s returning to the jewelry store parking lot at 2635 Washington Road just a few minutes from the course. Classy!!!!

Yeah, I read he's parking his motorhome there. It's supposedly just 4 blocks from Augusta National. Same street, right?

Will he be showing up with a grandstand and a large tent? I think John Daly just seems to be a circus sideshow to the PGA, on and off the course. He should be working on his game instead of hawking his merchandise. He has a name that he's trying to capitalize from. The bad thing is that his name doesn't have a consistently good connotation.

Back