Oakley Fairway Golf Carry Bag

apriliamille

Reaction score
Handicap
not sure
i picked up an Oakley stand bag. figured id share some photos and a short video of it as i did not see much on the internet about it and no shop in town carries it. Amazing how fast they are willing to order me something but not to let me see it but to buy it. i was zeroed in on three bags. the wilson nexus, ogio gotham, and the oakley. none in town to view so i had to do a scientific elimination. i removed the wilson due to it being a golf club company (yeah odd but decided to be neutral club brand in my bags for my clubs) i decided on the oakley. i dont know what the forum rules are on naming other forums but a review said this was good for going to war and then use for 3 years. now that i have it i dont know about the combat zone statement. it doesnt look any more durable then my c130 cart bag.

the two things i didnt like about the bag are the leg strap and the liners inside the club bays but i will manage. the pockets seem enough for what i need on light weight trips. there is an easy access water bottle, cooler, ball tee, 2 side, a lined personals and shoe jacket bag. it is 5 slots for clubs on top

edit. their bag a year or two ago had an interesting club organization set up. this version is not the same as prior version

Spoiler
mio1f4.jpg

Spoiler
2hyx6k8.jpg

Spoiler
1ixt8h.jpg

Spoiler
2i1mmpl.jpg

video on youtube

Last edited:
im sorry i dont know how to embed a video

Nice bag, embedded the video for you

thank you tadashi70

Very sharp looking bag! Thanks for the pics and video.

hmm there is a video error. i think its trying to polish the video at the moment

I like the bag looks for sure. Remember that with carry bags, light is the big consideration. Most of what you showed were weight saving measures, but I also see what you were saying. One other thing....the strap you showed was not for the legs, but rather the tip of your umbrella to rest in. There should be a loop or compartment sleeve for the umbrella to go in and the tip goes into the canvas loop you showed.

FWIW, if you were to walk 18 with both bags, I bet I know which one you would choose. :act-up:

Great write up and video. Enjoy it.

JM

ohhhhh... that is what that string with zip line doo hickey is for. you can see it dangle at the 20 second to 35 second mark and when i spread out the legs. thanks for the info on that one. can also see it in pic 1

ohhhhh... that is what that string with zip line doo hickey is for. you can see it dangle at the 20 second to 35 second mark and when i spread out the legs. thanks for the info on that one. can also see it in pic 1

Yep, you got it! The more I look at this bag, the more I like it!

JM

Awesome looking bag but I'd expect nothing less from Oakley. I'm interested to hear how it works after a couple rounds.

Awesome looking bag. Very sharp, congrats.

I wish I could own a white anything.... due to my natural talent to make anything new or light colored dirty, I personally would have to opt for a darker color. It's good to see that not everyone has to make decisions based upon this phenomenon. :)

Awesome looking bag. Very sharp, congrats.

I wish I could own a white anything.... due to my natural talent to make anything new or light colored dirty, I personally would have to opt for a darker color. It's good to see that not everyone has to make decisions based upon this phenomenon. :)

there is a black one available. i got this bag mainly due to an indoor range membership i got and for range rat duties. i use the c130 with my friends who either use carts or push carts. i did buy 2 cans of water stain repellant from a shoe store and coated it

Yep, you got it! The more I look at this bag, the more I like it!

JM

glad it helped. i couldnt really find much on this bag out there on the net so was hoping this sheds some light on it

I saw a Yellow version that looked sharp on ebay just now. Ponder on......

JM

hahahaha i saw that too. but i used the 4th july coupon at tgw who had the white. global golf has a black, a charcoal and a white variant when i was shopping

I like the bag looks for sure. Remember that with carry bags, light is the big consideration. Most of what you showed were weight saving measures, but I also see what you were saying. One other thing....the strap you showed was not for the legs, but rather the tip of your umbrella to rest in. There should be a loop or compartment sleeve for the umbrella to go in and the tip goes into the canvas loop you showed.

FWIW, if you were to walk 18 with both bags, I bet I know which one you would choose. :act-up:

Great write up and video. Enjoy it.

JM

the bold. yup tested today. nice to have something lightweight and fast in and out of the house to the course

Great looking bag, hopefully it holds up. I've had severe durability issues with everything Oakley except for their sunglasses.

I have the cart bag version of that, but it's in the garage. It has an 11 way divider, which drove me nuts.

I've almost purchased that bag a couple times but for some reason have never gone through with it. I do like the looks of it quite a bit.

Oakley Fairway Golf Carry Bag

I have had this bag for some time and it is fantastic. They made a huge upgrade from the previous version. The straps are nice and the five-way divider is great as well. Overall a good bag

Nice video review. Good looking review.

the bold. yup tested today. nice to have something lightweight and fast in and out of the house to the course
Just curious. Have you ever used this bag on a push cart? I'm curious as to how it would work on a Clicgear. I have both 3.5+ and 8.0 model Clicgears.

Keep an eye on the hook points where the carry straps attach to the top of the bag, I have had 2 Oakley bags (1 of these included) give way there over the past 6 months

Just curious. Have you ever used this bag on a push cart? I'm curious as to how it would work on a Clicgear. I have both 3.5+ and 8.0 model Clicgears.

i have a clicgear 3.5. i havent tried it yet. ill hook it up this week and put in a photo of it in the clicgear. fuel pump went out on my car and is at the shop and the clicgear is in the trunk

Back