Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Just pounded this driver today, loved it

Just pounded this driver today, loved it
I'm still hitting mine well, I try and overtake it in the bag from time to time, but it always wins!

I just sold my last two Amp Cells, but I sure did love them when I gamed them.

Love mine ... I have it set on 11.5 ... I am not a long hitter, but love the forgiveness and I am hitting more fairways ... When I do get a hold of one it is 240-250 right now ... which is loooooong for me.

I also like the blue color ... glad I went with blue ...

little off topic ...
I also have the 3w and I hit it farther and better than any 3w I have ever owned!!

I was just hammering the ball last night. Every time it was long and straight or a nice draw. Even hit one 310-315 yards on my last hole which felt good. Love my Amp Cell. Hit the hybrid and fairway awesome as well

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Had my amp cell working today with the nv shaft in it. My teacher thinks I actually need a stiffer shaft so hopefully my fitting this week leads to something.

Last edited:
Just picked up this driver and the 5/7 fairway wood about 3 weeks ago. Took out the driver shaft and put the fairway wood shaft in the driver. Hit it about 230. Kind of like a mini driver but with a full size head :)
Also experimented with teeing the ball down. Starting hitting lasers 230 down the fairway. Never seen a ball go that straight in my life.

Just picked up this driver and the 5/7 fairway wood about 3 weeks ago. Took out the driver shaft and put the fairway wood shaft in the driver. Hit it about 230. Kind of like a mini driver but with a full size head :)
Also experimented with teeing the ball down. Starting hitting lasers 230 down the fairway. Never seen a ball go that straight in my life.

Glad you are enjoying it. Paired with the right shaft it is simply one of the most forgiving drivers out there.

Glad you are enjoying it. Paired with the right shaft it is simply one of the most forgiving drivers out there.
People are always bagging the original stock shaft but I hit it great. Love it.

People are always bagging the original stock shaft but I hit it great. Love it.

I used it for a long time and have had success with it but as my swing gets better my head speed has increased so I need something a bit heavier without going to X flex.

Question for you guys on the AMP CELL (non pro). My swing speed is about 90 mph. With the stock shaft, would you be aiming for regular or stiff? Would it make much difference if I'm not hitting it all that far (maybe 240 yards or so)?

Question for you guys on the AMP CELL (non pro). My swing speed is about 90 mph. With the stock shaft, would you be aiming for regular or stiff? Would it make much difference if I'm not hitting it all that far (maybe 240 yards or so)?

There was alot of complaints on here about the R shaft being to whippy. My SS is in the 80s and the stiff felt very nice. All personal opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a faster swing speed (no idea what though) I would say 95 or above. I got my Amp Cell mint used with stock R flex and it works just fine for me. I think tempo has something to do with it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I am happy with my stock R flex. Love it.
Sexy bi#ch

4eb75af1583fad89fe59ffdb3b04f082.jpg

Looks awesome with those grips.

If I got a driver head (non-pro) with a tip, what length blank shaft do I need to get it to the stock playing length? Where does the spine of the shaft have to be oriented to? ... I've...yeah...never built a club before...but I might end up having to do so...I don't really want to pay golfsmith $20 bucks to do it...
I've got this stuff, extension adhesive epoxy (got it and a bunch of other random clubmaking supplies in a garage sale to get the grips she was selling), can that be used to attach the tip/adapter?

If I got a driver head (non-pro) with a tip, what length blank shaft do I need to get it to the stock playing length? Where does the spine of the shaft have to be oriented to? ... I've...yeah...never built a club before...but I might end up having to do so...I don't really want to pay golfsmith $20 bucks to do it...
I've got this stuff, extension adhesive epoxy (got it and a bunch of other random clubmaking supplies in a garage sale to get the grips she was selling), can that be used to attach the tip/adapter?
Ideally you want a spineless shaft so it reacts the same in all directions.

Ideally you want a spineless shaft so it reacts the same in all directions.

I had found this guy on e-bay while looking around, it says it has been marked for spine alignement. My first concern was figuring out what length shaft to get. My current driver is -.5" (45.5") anyhow, so having a slightly shorter shaft isn't a problem...

Main reason is I found a guy selling an amp cell head for $50...which, I think is a good deal...as long as I can keep the expense of shafting it down. Grip I can do on my own too. Its just like I said, I've never messed with shafts. I do have a full workbench of most tools I would need (I think/hope), and am fairly handy.

Well, got the head comin' to me... Now to figure out this while shaft business...

Well, got the head comin' to me... Now to figure out this while shaft business...

Nice dude, I hope you figure it all out. Be sure to let us know how how it goes for you when you get rolling with it. Solid solid head.

Does anyone have an extra Amp Cell Pro adapter they are willing to part with?

Sorry for the random noob questions... My current driver is a Callaway Diablo octane 11.5*. Don't think I can get much for it... It has a Project X 5.0 shaft (with the Diablo graphic).
Do ya'll think it would it be worth it to have the shaft pulled put the amp cell tip on to try it out? Or would I be better off trying to sell it for some cash?

So are the aftermarket adapters made with tolerances good enough in your opinions? Has anyone found an easy way to check it against a stock cobra one?
Just cause eBay says oem doesn't make it true... And for something that's made to adjust 1 and .5 degree... A little flaw could mean a lot relatively speaking....

BTW, thanks salisboss for the shaft!

So are the aftermarket adapters made with tolerances good enough in your opinions? Has anyone found an easy way to check it against a stock cobra one?
Just cause eBay says oem doesn't make it true... And for something that's made to adjust 1 and .5 degree... A little flaw could mean a lot relatively speaking....

I'm not sure on the adapters, haven't seen any other in hand besides the stock that came with it.

What shaft did you get? I would love to find a lower spinning shaft to throw in this thing. I really like the club, but it spins a little much for me.

No prob. I think golfworks has the real deal if you are worried. Frankly I question the tolerances on any of this stuff. My amp cell head when set at 10.5 actually was 13.5 and at 9.5 was 12 so I would say that most of the numbers are more relative than anything.

Back