A question about feel

twentytwomonk

#enabler
Reaction score
Handicap
23 oob
As many of you know, I've owned a few SeeMores since I started playing again last year. I recently moved a lot of the collection, as I walked into a Golfsmith, picked up a :gasp: Scotty Cameron Newport Selcet 2 Notchback, and absolutely fell in love with how it felt. So soft and smooth off the face. Even my m Series SeeMores with the aluminum inserts couldn't match the feel of the Scotty.

So I'm looking to add another Seemore to the stable, and what I'm looking for is something that's going to provide that same soft, slightly muted sound and feel. Would one of the carbon steel m Series get me there, or do I have to look towards something in the Z series? Is there anything in the SeeMore stable that has that same type of feel?

Honestly probably not the answer you are wanting, but the feeling of two different putters is going to be 100% dependent on the individual.

The sound will dictate it a bit, but to me (I have both of these), the Z3 has a similar deep sound.

And the z2 models as well. I have both the 2 and 3, as well as several of the CS m series, and the z's are the softest / most muted sounding of the lot.

The deep milled face is suppose to be why Scotty's have such a soft feel.

The deep milled face is suppose to be why Scotty's have such a soft feel.

Less surface area comes into contact with the ball and so you get less/lower of a tone at impact imparting the "soft" that many talk about. Same with all deep milled putters, for the mostpart.

I've found my m series ONEcs to be very soft in terms of feel...however as some have already said, it's 100% dependent upon the golfer.

Back