Since I bought this, I feel like my swing is more consistent than at any other time in my life. This addition has really made a difference for me.

I made a couple of minor changes to my grip, and warmed up using my Orange Whip exercises at the first tee, & went out this morning & shot a personal best 93! And it should've been lower! I was hitting everything much longer & missed 2 par threes long & ended up having to punch out from under pine trees , so essentially hit two really solid shots that went right at the pin & ended up with a 5 & a 6 because I was stymied under the bushes. Just a huge, huge breakthrough for me:

9/14 fairways hit (and all with a nice draw that was about 30 yards farther than my typical drive). Best of the day: I drew my longest drive (250-ish?) and ended up 140 yards on the #1 handicap hole (dogleg left - the equivalent of a 300 yard drive because I cut the corner. I have never done this before, but today I hit it right where I was aiming all day!)

2 GIR, but 7 "Near GIR", NGIR defined as being within 10 yards of the green (but not in a trap or in trouble) and with a good chance of getting up & down. My chipping & pitching from 50 yards & in was very good - I stopped the ball within 6 feet multiple times!

5 pars and putts for par on 6 other holes (I was using a new putter, so I expect some of these would drop otherwise).

And...drumroll please...I beat my father-in-law for the first time (even with him using multiple mulligans)!

NOW - to be fair, I can't tell how much of this (if any) was due to the Orange Whip, but since I got it, I've changed from a weak slice to a pretty good draw. I really think The OW has a lot to do with my overall tempo & swing plane improving to encourage a slight hit from the inside.

Whatever the reason, I am really psyched at the improvement! You can bet I'll be doing my daily exercises with the OW from now on!​

Love reading this! Glad it is working for you my man!

Love reading this! Glad it is working for you my man!

I will say that this has been darn-near magical! I never expected such a night-and-day difference. And the Orange Whip seems to be the main variable that has changed. Now to see if I can keep this up & lower my HC.

I made a couple of minor changes to my grip, and warmed up using my Orange Whip exercises at the first tee, & went out this morning & shot a personal best 93! And it should've been lower! I was hitting everything much longer & missed 2 par threes long & ended up having to punch out from under pine trees , so essentially hit two really solid shots that went right at the pin & ended up with a 5 & a 6 because I was stymied under the bushes. Just a huge, huge breakthrough for me:

9/14 fairways hit (and all with a nice draw that was about 30 yards farther than my typical drive). Best of the day: I drew my longest drive (250-ish?) and ended up 140 yards on the #1 handicap hole (dogleg left - the equivalent of a 300 yard drive because I cut the corner. I have never done this before, but today I hit it right where I was aiming all day!)

2 GIR, but 7 "Near GIR", NGIR defined as being within 10 yards of the green (but not in a trap or in trouble) and with a good chance of getting up & down. My chipping & pitching from 50 yards & in was very good - I stopped the ball within 6 feet multiple times!

5 pars and putts for par on 6 other holes (I was using a new putter, so I expect some of these would drop otherwise).

And...drumroll please...I beat my father-in-law for the first time (even with him using multiple mulligans)!

NOW - to be fair, I can't tell how much of this (if any) was due to the Orange Whip, but since I got it, I've changed from a weak slice to a pretty good draw. I really think The OW has a lot to do with my overall tempo & swing plane improving to encourage a slight hit from the inside.

Whatever the reason, I am really psyched at the improvement! You can bet I'll be doing my daily exercises with the OW from now on!​

What exercises are you doing with now? I picked one up last week. After a session at my local range with my normal instructor and one of the pros, they had me using an orange whip to try and increase my club head speed and tempo which worked with quite an increase in speed, my shot shape also went from slice / fade to fade / straightish but with an increase in distance. This also seems to have moved into my irons as well.

Just curious to know what you are doing daily with it or any specific?

What exercises are you doing with now? I picked one up last week. After a session at my local range with my normal instructor and one of the pros, they had me using an orange whip to try and increase my club head speed and tempo which worked with quite an increase in speed, my shot shape also went from slice / fade to fade / straightish but with an increase in distance. This also seems to have moved into my irons as well.

can you elaborate on this exercise you're doing to increase club head speed? I'd like to do that too. Thanks.

I don't have the orange whip, I have the "other one". But they are pretty identical. I got a good stretch on the practice green using one, then swung it by the first tee waiting my turn, and have the best round ever. My drives were a little shorter than usual, but much straighter. I even his my 3 wood a couple times, and I ALWAYS shank that....

This is going to be part of my nightly routine now. 5-10 minutes of stretching and swinging.

can you elaborate on this exercise you're doing to increase club head speed? I'd like to do that too. Thanks.

I'm just doing the basic exercises listed on their site:
http://www.orangewhiptrainer.com/technique.php

Here are several videos showing their technique:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygwXWME6l_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVWG06HeygQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoChSqN8q5k

I am just starting to do this on a daily basis, so after a week or two I'll update any changes I've seen. So far, though, I am very encouraged!

It was nothing specific. All they were trying to get me to do was get a woosh sound on the upward swing. I was having a very steep down angle of attack, to try and shallow that out we were trying to get the woosh as the orange ball was passing were the golf ball would be. This explanation is probably as clear as mud :dont-know:.

I will say that this has been darn-near magical! I never expected such a night-and-day difference. And the Orange Whip seems to be the main variable that has changed. Now to see if I can keep this up & lower my HC.

Glad you had the same feeling I did when starting it--anytime I feel "off" I go back to the basics with grip, setup, and then use the whip to feel it all in tempo.

I sometimes play my best golf when the muscles used in the golf swing have had plenty of healing time. Like 2 weeks off. I wonder if a training aid like this would be counter-productive at times?

I sometimes play my best golf when the muscles used in the golf swing have had plenty of healing time. Like 2 weeks off. I wonder if a training aid like this would be counter-productive at times?
Good question, I play year round and rarely take over 3 or 4 days off in a row. Interested to see what others have to say.

I bet if you play every 3 days it wouldn't matter. Probably better to be stronger. Slouch like me it might detract to warm up before a round. Just ordered one so I'll post my thoughts about my rounds after working out every day.

One thing I wonder.. If you buy the Large driver version, aren't iron swings and driver swings supposed to be different?

One thing I wonder.. If you buy the Large driver version, aren't iron swings and driver swings supposed to be different?

I have the longer one and I just choke down with it for iron reps. I am using it for fixing my takeaway - which transfers to both

I have the longer one and I just choke down with it for iron reps. I am using it for fixing my takeaway - which transfers to both

Same thing for me as well. Seems to work quite well!

Well, I've been using the Orange Whip before every round for about a month & trying to do it daily (but I've been hit-and-miss on non-golf days) - and I'm convinced that this thing has dramatically improved my swing. Granted, there was a lot of room for improvement, but what I'm doing seems too simple & too short (timewise) to have this big of an impact. However, I have to admit that most of my clubs are noticeably longer now, & my slice (my go-to shot) has generally been replaced by a slight draw (even the iron shots!)

Club: Old distances: today:
Driver 230ish 250-270ish

3W 180 200

19* h 170 185

5i 155 165-170

These are the ones I can recall off the top of my head. Wedge shots are longer with much less effort - which led to a higher scoretoday because I was airmailing greens.

I think this is certainly worth the cash - it doesn't take much time, and at the very least it's a good way to warm up before the round. I think you'll be surprised how much it helps with your overall swing, too.

Well, I've been using the Orange Whip before every round for about a month & trying to do it daily (but I've been hit-and-miss on non-golf days) - and I'm convinced that this thing has dramatically improved my swing. Granted, there was a lot of room for improvement, but what I'm doing seems too simple & too short (timewise) to have this big of an impact. However, I have to admit that most of my clubs are noticeably longer now, & my slice (my go-to shot) has generally been replaced by a slight draw (even the iron shots!)

Driver 230ish 250-270ish

3W 180 200

19* h 170 185

5i 155 165-170

These are the ones I can recall off the top of my head. Wedge shots are longer with much less effort - which led to a higher scoretoday because I was airmailing greens.

I think this is certainly worth the cash - it doesn't take much time, and at the very least it's a good way to warm up before the round. I think you'll be surprised how much it helps with your overall swing, too.

Totally agree with everything here.

I recently picked up an OW (thanks to a THPer) and the early results are impressive. I immediately picked up an early release problem as well as an issue with the take away being too quick. Between the two, my lag increased virtually instantly.

I'm going to have to work to groove it in and to do anything to lengthen the swing, but it definitely gives you the tactile feedback that is advertised.

It's also great for warming up!

I used mine for maybe 3 2-minute sessions over the past 2 days now. It's first test was a narrow par 5 today that I normally hit the fairway maybe %20. I tried my best to mimic the Orange Whip swing and I crushed it. It didn't look like it went that far, but it went 30-40 yards past my best usual drives. The difference was the way the ball spun and rolled out on the fairway.

I had some nice drives throughout the round and my typical ball flight has changed. I now hit the left side of the fairway and roll straight instead of either hooking left or fading right.

I also had some bad swings that I hope I can work out. With this new footsy, wristy, powerful swing action I did slice a couple and it was ugly. I never slice it, so I hope that doesn't creep back into my game.

I just picked one up today for. $50. Work has already started .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver 230ish 250-270ish

3W 180 200

19* h 170 185

5i 155 165-170

Do you have a routine you use with the Orange Whip or do you just swing it.

I just got mine today and am looking forward to using it tomorrow.

I just picked one up today for. $50. Work has already started .

Where did you find one for $50?

Guy I used to work with. I knew he had one so I figured I would throw out a price. He took it and it's pretty much new!

Driver 230ish 250-270ish

3W 180 200

19* h 170 185

5i 155 165-170

I'm glad this is working for ya. On another subject. I noticed you have a huge gap between your driver and 3W.
Is that normal for you? I mean a gap is normal but 60 yards is pretty huge.

If you are hitting your driver about 260 I would think your 3w would go at least 220-230.

Not dogging you I'm just curious.

Back