Playing 36 are you a grazer or a stop and eat person?

While I enjoy a golf course hot dog just as much as the next guy, I prefer to graze throughout the day. Trail mix, granola bars and maybe grab a sandwich and a 6 pack. If I stopped and ate a full meal, I may not feel like going back out there again.

I am a grazer, especially on a 36 hole day. Sport drinks, a beer or two, fruit and maybe grab a turkey sandwich on the way to #10.
I prefer not to stop for more than 5 minutes between 9's.

I'll go either way depending on time.

During a round, I just eat a snickers par. Of all the candy bars, for whatever reason, it seems to work well at giving me a boost of energy (without tasting like pure sugar). Before energy bars, I used to eat a snickers 30 minutes before 5k runs.

As for lunch, it's my preference to sit down and eat. Just gives me a chance to 'forget' about golf for 20 minutes, enjoy my food in the AC, and come out refreshed. I guess it's like a mental game reset.

~Rock

I'm usually rushing so I rarely remember to prepare snacks and drinks so I try to eat at the turn, usually a quick burger or dog while waiting to tee off on #10.

I am usually just a "snacker"... but goodness... a good hot dog and chips never hurt my feelings.

try to eat a little something along, Clif bars, handful of peanuts or cashews. I just don't like to sit down and eat as most work days, I'l snack a little throughout the day.

I've done both. Depends on when we tee off. I've played 18 in the morning, finishing right around noon-ish. Then stopped had a bite then played the second 18. Then, I've been a grazer before with normal things like Gatorade, and Snickers.

No, in my middle 30's, I'd rather have a fast sandwich on the go with a Gatorade or water, than stop, so my back doesn't tighten up. Defiantly want to stay loose.

I have yet to play 36, would love to do that. Usally I play where it is packed and that is not an option

I am of the "it depends" camp ... unless I get right back on, I like to eat a bit to give me some additional fuel.

u4yme3a3.jpg

Grazer! I've got several options for the up coming week.

Grazer 100000%, tons of water, some light calorie Gatorade/vitamin water, granola bars work best for me as they are immune to hot or cold.

Grazer. I like to feel light on my feet. If I stop and eat a meal all the blood I need in my muscles will go to my stomach to digest the big stuff.

I've done both. Depends on the day really. Hot weather = stop. Cloudy and cool = keep er going.

I agree here--if its a hot day, I like to cool off and reset with the stop.

I like snacking on stuff as I go, this way I don't sit down and stiffen up or lose my rhythm.

I haven't done it often but the times I did we had half an hour between rounds so we would go into the clubhouse and have some lunch. It wasn't a big one just like a sandwich and maybe a muffin but then I have some fruit out on the course, normally a couple of banana's to keep the energy up. Also with 36 holes I was taking a bottle of water and also a bottle of PowerAde.

Eat a good Breakfast then I'm a grazer till we get done!!! Stopping to eat and then starting again causes me not to enjoy the food!!! I eat too fast!!! Just to get back out!!!!

I'm a grazer... mostly, although I have been known to stop for lunch after 9 holes and then continue on. We (four THPers) did that when we played down in Southern Cali. My grazing is fed by the free snacks at the check-in desk at my home course.

Depends on how much time between rounds. If it is an hour or more, I would stop and eat.

Golfed 36 today at Westwood Plateau. Was on the first tee at 0730 and had the course to ourselves. Came in, ate a quick meal then found the course had backed up. Ended up waiting an hour and a half to get back out. Bored, tired and sore.

If we do it again will definitely arrange a tighter schedule.

I don't like to eat while I play golf. Afterwards is always the ticket. If I am playing weekend golf I will eat breakfast around 10 and then play golf from 1-8ish, then eat dinner around 9. I've always preferred doing athletic things on a mostly empty stomach.

I graze between 9 and stop between 36.

I would graze during the round and stop for a light yet filling meal between

i am usually less concerned about food & more concerned about staying hydrated, that being said I am not a big eater while playing so i will graze maybe a protein bar or 2

Back