new set of wedges

Sunday_Hacker

Release Your Inner Diablo
Reaction score
Handicap
birthday is on Friday and the wife is "letting" me get a new set of wedges! looking for 52,56 and 60 degrees. I have scoured the web and THP site for reviews and have narrowed it down to two. the Cleveland CG14 and the Nickent Arc. money wise I found a dealer on ebay who can get me the CG14 Black Pearl for $75 apiece with +1 length and 2 up lie like my irons. the Nickent Arc I found on ebay at rockbottomgolf for only $29.99 a piece for either finish but their standard length and lie. of course cost wise I am leaning towards the Nickent Arc. was hoping to get some feedback on both sets pros and cons?

thanks fellow THP'ers!! :blob:

Both great, I feel the ARC was more versatile. for my game. I like to open the face up and drop everything in there, so the grind on the cleveland wasnt right for me

i would definitely go for the arc any day of the week though

Personally i would go for the Clevelands. If you like to open it up, get the wedges with the DSG (Dyanamic Sole Grind). It gives you a more versatile wedges by offering you different bounce whether you hit off a tight lie (low bounce) or out of a trap and you need to open up the club (higher bounce). Clevelands are great wedges.

Last edited:
DOOH! just found this on the site as well under deal of the day with a code for free s/h too boot! Love the THP site even more now! you rock JB and GG!! :alien2:

!@#$%)!*&^!$$%@ looks like their sold out of all three models! :banghead:

!@#$%)!*&^!$$%@ looks like their sold out of all three models! :banghead:

That is a shame. There will be more up very soon though. If you were able to make it to the outing, you could try out quite a few wedges and see which ones worked best for you.

I checked their ebay store last nite, they have them there only as singles though. no sets. hopefully like JB said they will have more on their website soon.

is this pretty accurate?

forged= soft metal better feel not as durable get nicked up easily

cast= stronger metal less feel much more durable

I checked their ebay store last nite, they have them there only as singles though. no sets. hopefully like JB said they will have more on their website soon.

is this pretty accurate?

forged= soft metal better feel not as durable get nicked up easily

cast= stronger metal less feel much more durable

Forged vs cast can go on forever. It is the process in how the clubs are made. Feel will come down to the individual, the metal, the sound, the ball, the shaft, the grip, and more.

Awesome!! Congrats on your new wedges :)

lol thanks anyways golf chick! hopefully soon! :D

hey JB you really think they will have more soon???? I know you cant say for sure just wondering if you've seen it happen before? last thing are these the Nickent Arc wedges that got good reviews from you? thanks!

I am sure hoping these are the wedges he did his review on. That was the main reason I picked them up besides price cause I really wanted the cg15's in oil finish but I am sure they will play close to the same... hopefully!

I caved and decided to give the Nickent ARC wedges a try, picked up the gunmetal set from RockBottomGolf and I think they'll get here on Tuesday of next week. I'll be sure to let you know what I think of them.

Please do. I liked them quite a bit when I used them last year. Still have a set with my initials stamped in the back at the house.

man I sure hope they get some more soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bulgy-eyes:

just did! :smile-big:

man I sure hope they get some more soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bulgy-eyes:

I checked the site last night and they had more wedges... Only problem was they werent the sets :( I emailed them and asked if I could buy the 3 wedges individually to get that $59.99 deal but they said no... The $59.99 was only for the set. Lol, I tried! I still might pick a couple up though because I don't know if that deal will come up again.

Re: new set of wedges

JB said:
Check your PM's.

Jb I don't know what you said in that pm, but from the little that I know about you, it was probably completly awesome.

Jb I don't know what you said in that pm, but from the little that I know about you, it was probably completly awesome.

I second that!

Back