Metal Music fans \m/

Love seeing this thread on here... I'm not super up to speed on newer stuff, but my all time fave bands are Pantera and Slayer... actually saw Pantera live 8 times and loved every one of them... saw Slayer Anthrax Slipknot Motorhead and Asking Alexandria on the mayhem tour a couple years ago... my 15 year old son is into the same stuff, plays guitar and drums, and is always down for a 4 hour road trip to go to a show..

My Google Play Music account has introduced me to an instrumental prog metal band called Animals as Leaders which is pretty mind blowing. Those who like to hear the boundaries being pushed would do well to check this stuff out.

My Google Play Music account has introduced me to an instrumental prog metal band called Animals as Leaders which is pretty mind blowing. Those who like to hear the boundaries being pushed would do well to check this stuff out.

Yeah, there is some serious musicianship in that band. It's a little too busy for my tastes tho.

Check out Periphery as well. Like AAL but they add vocals as well. Very good band

I love it when worlds collide, Metallica and ESPN!!!
[video=youtube_share;BoPYP-58SHU]http://youtu.be/BoPYP-58SHU[/video]

Love that commercial. I saw them live a few years ago and they put on a great show. They had Gojira and Lamb of God open for them and both those bands crushed it.

Never thought I would meet another golfer talking about Norma Jean. Great band.

big fan of Norma Jean. Meridional is amazing.

Listened to the new Mastodon album and it was meh. The first two songs I liked but then it was just mediocre. I guess everything can't be Leviathan.

i really dislike when this happens. IMO, August Burns Red did about the same thing with Rescue & Restore. it just doesn't even hold a candle to their first 4 releases. so you're right...the correct word for it is, meh.

a band that has continued to impress me with every new release is Every Time I Die. they just keep getting better and From Parts Unknown will melt your face off.

I've been listening to the Butcher Babies a lot lately.

Any doom/stoner/sludge metal fans here?

Some of my favorites;

-Weedeater
-Bongzilla
-Sleep
-Bongripper
-Church of Misery
-Electric Wizard
-Indian
-Dopethrone
-Windhand
-Cough
-Elder

What's stoner metal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

typically slow-to-mid tempo and features a heavily distorted, groove laden bass-heavy sound,[SUP][4][/SUP] melodic vocals, and "retro" production.[SUP][5][/SUP] The genre emerged during the early 1990s and was pioneered foremost by the Californian bands Kyuss[SUP][6][/SUP] and Sleep.[SUP][7][/SUP]

Have to check some if it out.

It's more in like with Black Sabbath. If you like Sabbath, you may like stoner and/or doom metal. The sub-genres all start to blur and I get confused on what is what any more. Haha. The few bands I listed are good starting points.

Otherwise, I do like a some bands that are outside of my norm. Gojira, Skeletonwitch, Goatwhore, Wolvhammer, Oakhelm, Fall Of The Bastards

Any doom/stoner/sludge metal fans here?

Some of my favorites;

-Weedeater
-Bongzilla
-Sleep
-Bongripper
-Church of Misery
-Electric Wizard
-Indian
-Dopethrone
-Windhand
-Cough
-Elder

Does Mastodon count? I really like Mastodon

Mastodon is decent. I'm pretty big into Anthrax and Hatebreed and used to dig Slipknot until Taylor got lame into Stone Sour. Check out butcher babies then google the band and you'll be surprised at how they look.

I don't even know how to categorize Mastodon, haha. Comparing their album Remission to the newest one Once More 'Round The Sun it isn't even the same. They are genre bending, that is for sure.

Man, I spent a lot of time into Hatebreed. I've seen them 5 times, met them twice. All awesome guys and always good live. You like Madball at all?

I get into Madball too. Like Bleeding Through even tho they are calling it quits.

sign me up, hehe.

I'm not too picky, but generally like some melody in my music.
If it attracts these guys, i'm not coming:
moshing.gif

Opeth, In Flames, Primordial, Thyrfing, Fintroll, Death, At The Gates (get their Wacken Recording, if you don't have it already!), Cynic, Isole...
Current Favourite Band: The Ocean
Can't wait to get my hands on the latest Opeth Album.

I love early death metal -Autopsy, Obituary, Bolt Thrower, Death,Entombed,Morbid Angel. Also grindcore- Nasum,Napalm Death, Carcass,Extreme Noise Terror, Terrorizer. Love Tool,Danzig, Misfits, Nofx,Metallica,King 810,Slipknot, Fugazi,COC,The Accused and loads more.Saw a lot of these earlier bands in the late 80's/90's in the UK.

I love early death metal -Autopsy, Obituary, Bolt Thrower, Death,Entombed,Morbid Angel. Also grindcore- Nasum,Napalm Death, Carcass,Extreme Noise Terror, Terrorizer. Love Tool,Danzig, Misfits, Nofx,Metallica,King 810,Slipknot, Fugazi,COC,The Accused and loads more.Saw a lot of these earlier bands in the late 80's/90's in the UK.

Can't do grindcore here, but early death metal is awesome.

I've been listening to a lot of Amon Amarth, Scar Symmetry, and Killswitch Engage recently.

Back