I will give it a shot.

Slow it down,,.trying to kill the ball gets you no where. You are moving all over the place too from trying to kill it

let the club do the work. Right now the club is forcing you to do the work

I <3 Tadashi

Slow it down,,.trying to kill the ball gets you no where. You are moving all over the place too from trying to kill it

let the club do the work. Right now the club is forcing you to do the work

Since neither my instructor nor Freddie have mentioned as such, I'm not too concerned.

Last edited:
Since neither my instructor nor Freddie have mentioned as such, I'm not too concerned.

I would just listen to your instructor ? Putting a swing up and asking for advice will just lead to a million a answers on how to do it. This has all the makings of being a real mess .. Believe me , been there and done that . Best to listen to the guy you are paying

Last edited:
Yes. I have some tendon issues in my right knee. When my knees are pointed forward, my right foot is at 45°. I can spin my right foot 180°

What the heck did I just watch?

I <3 Tadashi

I would just listen to your instructor ? Putting a swing up and asking for advice will just lead to a million a answers on how to do it. This has all the makings of being a real mess .. Believe me , been there and done that . Best to listen to the guy you are paying

Which is fine. What I should have said is that my instructor likes my turn behind the ball and the weight shift in my transition. I used to be much more static and was almost all shoulders and no lower body. See below from two years ago

[video=youtube_share;3HGQN4B-RwQ]http://youtu.be/3HGQN4B-RwQ[/video]

Where I am now is yielding better results.

Yeah, I'm a single digit capper and I've been hanging out in this swing tip section and I haven't disagreed with any of his invaluable swing tips and advice. I'm glad I came here. I usually try to get at least 9 in every day at my local track but lately I've been real busy with my business. This is really a quality forum.

Freddie - I have been working on shortening the swing and trying to stay more connected. I think this is looking better. It feels like less moving parts.

Blu, been watching this for a long while and almost never say anything. I am not a swing guru or anything, but I am familiar with what you have been trying to do etc. what I see is:

Shorter backswing which is an original goal.

More connected swing. Arms swinging WITH the body. Disclaimer: this is something I am working on now, so may be hyper sensitive to it.

What a smooth tempo! Powerful, yet measured, which is delivering focused and consistent energy to the ball. Can see that you have worked hard on the transition man!

Freddie may say I'm full of it, but I have watched you guys and pay close attention to what he says. What kind of flight/results did you see from those shots you just posted? It looks good man, and different from the beginning to be sure.

JM

Blu, been watching this for a long while and almost never say anything. I am not a swing guru or anything, but I am familiar with what you have been trying to do etc. what I see is:

Shorter backswing which is an original goal.

More connected swing. Arms swinging WITH the body. Disclaimer: this is something I am working on now, so may be hyper sensitive to it.

What a smooth tempo! Powerful, yet measured, which is delivering focused and consistent energy to the ball. Can see that you have worked hard on the transition man!

Freddie may say I'm full of it, but I have watched you guys and pay close attention to what he says. What kind of flight/results did you see from those shots you just posted? It looks good man, and different from the beginning to be sure.

JM

Right to left draws. Every once in a while I overswing and get stuck. I then have two results. I hang back and flip at the ball (left to left duck hook) or I rush my upper body to catch up and hit a straight to left hook.

I would say 8 out of 10 swings start right of the target line. I have even started hitting some fades.

Mr Panda,

This is the same video as above. It's the most recent I have.

I've been trying to feel my right arm folding more. Am I anywhere close to doing it right?

Panda - is it getting better?

yta3e9y6.jpg

This may be tough to see but your hips should have cleared by now and your left hand should be pointed at the target. You swing so hard, nothing has time to catch up and you are saving or trying to save at the bottom. This position will produce right hand shots that may or may not draw.

You gotta get that hand squared up in this position so you are flipping at the bottom and able to fire at your target. Right now this is a guessing game.

yta3e9y6.jpg

This may be tough to see but your hips should have cleared by now and your left hand should be pointed at the target. You swing so hard, nothing has time to catch up and you are saving or trying to save at the bottom. This position will produce right hand shots that may or may not draw.

You gotta get that hand squared up in this position so you are flipping at the bottom and able to fire at your target. Right now this is a guessing game.

To get my hips more cleared, do I need to bump less? Less lateral movement with my lower half?

Now that my takeaway is where I want it and am coming into the top with the club in front of me, I am starting to block shots and push them way right and trying to save them with a massive release. I'm losing strokes.

What I was trying to do was move the left hip backwards perpendicularly to the target line. Which was no bueno.

The left hip does move back. I know you think your swing is in a good place, but it really isn't. I've made numerous suggestions on how to fix your flaws but they persist. Once you really implement what I have shared with you, your game will come around.

My swing thoughts might not be good for you. You may want to find someone that convey ideas better and in a way you understand.

Alright then. I appreciate the effort

I got done at a job 20 minutes early. So I went to the range and hit 50 balls.

Freddie knows this, I have been trying to manufacture a backswing using a bunch if moving parts. Instead of taking the club back with my shoulders and folding my right arm.

Well, just go smooth. Let the right arm fold. Let the lower body rotate and clear. And a much easier to swing to repeat. I need some course time now.

It's pretty official. My swing is currently a mess. I have no feel for it any more.

It's pretty official. My swing is currently a mess. I have no feel for it any more.

It can't be that bad, I'll still golf with you. Heck, lately my playing partner is the fiancé who has golfed a total of 20 holes in her life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can't be that bad, I'll still golf with you. Heck, lately my playing partner is the fiancé who has golfed a total of 20 holes in her life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played with a kid from Norbert's golf team today. I couldn't feel hips. Either too much turn or not enough and reverse pivoted. I just felt stiff and rigid. No fluidity.

Being on plane feels funny

Alright -

Tempo is a little out of whack. That needs to be addressed. I am seeing the occasional push fades. That needs to be addressed. But this feels shorter, more controlled, and more on plane. I don't feel stuck on my right side and the club doesn't appear to be stuck coming down.

Back