What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

For a little bit of my round the other day I was screwing around with a Callaway Hex Control. I'm not sure if it was coincidence or not, but I hit every fairway with it in play. Not the greatest spin greenside and lost a little distance off the tee, but it was straight as an arrow. Very impressed with this cheaper ball.

For a little bit of my round the other day I was screwing around with a Callaway Hex Control. I'm not sure if it was coincidence or not, but I hit every fairway with it in play. Not the greatest spin greenside and lost a little distance off the tee, but it was straight as an arrow. Very impressed with this cheaper ball.

That is my normal gamer.

TaylorMade Lethal's that I bought on special at xmas, 2 boxes for $40, nice ball.

ProV1x

Played a full round with one ball.

Loved it..But I really love the TP5.

Go Big Orange

Project (a). I can't say there's anything wrong with the ball but for some reason I'm just not entirely wowed by it. When I finish the last of this sleeve I probably won't buy any more.

Last edited:
Played the Nike rzn white yesterday and I am impressed!
Really liked the feeling of the ball no matter good or bad swing. The spin into greens are a bit less then my chrome+ but enough to be one hop and maybe a foot of rollout for my 9 iron and wedges.. First Nike ball that I consider as my gamer! :)

I recently played a Wilson FG Tour. Really liked it! I'd played the Duo before but I liked the feel of this one more. Reacted better around the green. I can't say it had the feel I like of the ProV1x but it was pretty close to me.

On Friday, played a combination of SuperSoft and Chrome+. Definitely more spin, and a slightly firmer feel from the Chrome+. Still hard to argue with the overall performance of the SS, for me, though.

Wilson DUO is still a great ball.

I really like my Q stars but played a strata jet a couple times this past weekend. For my level of play, the strata jet did really well.

I played the TM project a balls yesterday. I am not a real high spin player for the most part the ball did hold well on the greens not much run out at all, I don't normally hit my 60* with a full swing but I did use it from 80 yards on 18 yesterday the flag was up front I landed it hole high and spin it back off the green about 20ft. That is a lot more than I every pulled one back before. This ball really does spin more as advertised. Over all didn't see much of a difference between it and the RBZ Urethane balls I have been playing with the exception of 18.

2012 Bridgestone 330. Shot my best round of the year with it. The ball has no scuff marks. Very impressed with the ball overall.

Played Taylormade Lethal my last round. Lasted my entire 18 (and didn't lose it). Wish I used these balls earlier. Great feel and great green control. Need to find me some more of these balls.

Third round on same 2014 B330-S ball and still looks good and flying well. Too much spin with 8-pw has caught me out a few times and have spun off front of greens but really like the feel of ball on all shots including putting.

Haven't had the chance to play the 330-RX balls on the course yet (that'll come next week) but I have to say I absolutely LOVE chipping and pitching with them. The sound is exactly what you'd want to hear, and they feel so good. I had 3 mixed in with some e6's and whenever I hit one, I knew it right away.

Front 9 with a new ProV1 (shot +2) and back nine with an old Gamer V2 (shot -2). I really wanna believe it's not the ball, but common sense is telling me otherwise

Played the TaylorMade Tour Preferred today and I really like it. Not my favorite ball but really like it. Had my most accurate driving day of my life. Off the driver, this ball was going as straight as any ball I've hit. Good distance and good spin on the greens. I prefer it to the Tour Preferred X. I still like the B330 a little more but this is a real solid golf ball. It's my favorite TM ball in their current lineup.

I've been playing Taylormade Preferred Tour X for the past couple rounds and I am really liking them. They are straight off the tee and I am loving them around the greens compared to the E6 I had been playing for months, I've even had a couple thin chips check up and stay on the green for me which was surprising. I've never been a tour ball guy unless I found them but that might be changing as long as I don't start losing them.

Callaway Super Soft which continues to impress me. I love the feel of this ball from driver to irons to putter. Just feels right!

Nike RZN black, awesome!

Back