Aldila Tour Blue Shaft Review

Count me in!

I'll keep you posted how it goes. A clear indication will be what it says next to driver in my WITB or if you see 913D2 up for sale in the next couple of weeks :D

Just follow along in the Course Reviews & THP events section of the forum.
To come out to one, all you have to do is sign up and be an Albatross Club Member.

After that, you will have the weekend of your life. Here is a glimpse of a THP event. This one is the Morgan Cup from this year. One of the most amazing events for golfers ever created.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=17519

That Tour Green looks like some awesome specs. In general, the shaft itself LOOKS awesome too, so that's a bonus. I'd like to see the numbers with the Tour Green in my RFX. Might have to keep my eyes open for one online.

Just follow along in the Course Reviews & THP events section of the forum.
To come out to one, all you have to do is sign up and be an Albatross Club Member.

After that, you will have the weekend of your life. Here is a glimpse of a THP event. This one is the Morgan Cup from this year. One of the most amazing events for golfers ever created.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=17519

That looks amazing!!! I've planned on purchasing the AC membership and will be doing so in the very near future even if it means just supporting the work this staff does and contributing to a fantastic concept. If only I could stop buying clubs for a couple days...

That looks amazing!!! I've planned on purchasing the AC membership and will be doing so in the very near future even if it means just supporting the work this staff does and contributing to a fantastic concept. If only I could stop buying clubs for a couple days...

Hopefully we get to meet you this year buddy. Thanks for the kind words.

In my case with the Higher lofted driver the ball flight is still very high but the spin is low most of my drive is now carry

In my case with the Higher lofted driver the ball flight is still very high but the spin is low most of my drive is now carry

That's interesting. I'm wondering how much that had to do with the SLDR. Everything I've read is saying that's kind of the intended result of that driver. Players are increasing loft by a degree or a degree and a half. What were you playing before the SLDR and were you using the Tour Green staff with the old driver? I'd be interested in seeing if maybe it's just the head of my current driver that I'm not 100% in love with.

I also think it's great that my bag of Taylormade clubs is so similar to everything you're using with a few differences. I just jumped shipped right around the time the SLDR was being released. I hit it a few times on a monitor but this was without doing any reading or research first. I'd love to try again while playing with an increased loft and tinkering with shafts even trying my Kiyoshi White with the SLDR. If only they would make adapters universal I'd be able to do so much more tinkering.

That's interesting. I'm wondering how much that had to do with the SLDR. Everything I've read is saying that's kind of the intended result of that driver. Players are increasing loft by a degree or a degree and a half. What were you playing before the SLDR and were you using the Tour Green staff with the old driver? I'd be interested in seeing if maybe it's just the head of my current driver that I'm not 100% in love with.
Prior to the SLDR i played a R1(set at 9.5) with both the tour Green & a Fuel 60 i preferred the Fuel with the R1 head seemed to have a nice mid flight the Fuel in the SLDR was too high and the Tour Green in the R1 was lower flight even when i set the Loft to 10.5

Prior to the SLDR i played a R1(set at 9.5) with both the tour Green & a Fuel 60 i preferred the Fuel with the R1 head seemed to have a nice mid flight the Fuel in the SLDR was too high and the Tour Green in the R1 was lower flight even when i set the Loft to 10.5

Thanks a lot! That sounds promising actually. I realize I could have different results but it sounds like exactly what I'm going for then.

Well my 913D2 9.5* with the Aldila Tour Green shaft arrived a couple days ago. I was able to take it out on the course for the first time yesterday. I brought my R1 along too just in case :act-up: Well the R1 was not needed whatsoever. I left the 913D2 at the A1 setting and figured if I needed to tinker from there I could. I never had to change a thing there either. Not sure whether it was the decreased loft or the shaft or both... But I was finally getting that ball flight that I've been looking for and could never get with the R1 no matter what adjustments I made. It was very windy and couldn't have come at a better time. My drives were longer and straighter than ever before and with each hole that I used the driver the confidence grew. What a great feeling!!

Guess I got lucky with this one and glad for this site for making me aware this shaft was out there and got me interested in trying it. Could not be more pleased with the combination. Thanks!

I like my tour geen so much that i just ordered a Tour Blue 75 for my 3 wood

I like my tour geen so much that i just ordered a Tour Blue 75 for my 3 wood

I've been thinking the same thing. Where'd you order from and if you don't mind me asking... what'd you end up paying? uncut? untipped? I'd love to hear how it works out for you. Golf season here is over so I'm looking in to finding somewhere to go for a long weekend of golf, golf, and more golf.

I've been thinking the same thing. Where'd you order from and if you don't mind me asking... what'd you end up paying? uncut? untipped? I'd love to hear how it works out for you. Golf season here is over so I'm looking in to finding somewhere to go for a long weekend of golf, golf, and more golf.

I got it off Ebay i paid 105 for it it is cut to 43" from Butt so trim a 1/2" off the tip and it will work perfect for 3 wood

Noticed Dubuisson had this in his driver yesterday. Turns out it's the same weight as the one I play, though obviously a stiffer flex.

If you pay attention you see a ton of them out there, not just in fairway woods, but also drivers. I want to say Bill Haas has one in his driver as well. I know Tour guys shouldn't dictate our choices, but to me seeing a guy like Dubuisson playing a shaft like this (and that weight range) speaks quite a bit to it's quality and ability to hold up to high swing speeds. Obviously has to fit in other areas too.

It's really the standard by which all other driver shafts are held to for my own personal preferences at this point, and nothing has shown to really match it.

I am pondering how a Tour Blue would pair with the Bertha Alpha. I am going to make it a priority to hopefully try this combo when I get a fitting done. Just looking at some shaft specs today. There is no up charge from Callaway (Most likely because it's the stock shaft in the X2Hot Driver), but I am excited about that combo, especially with how much it has been raved about.

DCBrad,
I have an honest question for you. Why deviate from the standard shaft immediately? The reason I ask is you hit mine on the range and hit it better than just about every other combination you hit. Straight stock lofted up.

I think people, especially those in #THPMC assume that changing shafts is better than standard because standard is "available" and must not be good. When in reality most of the field, would be better served not even thinking about changing shafts and let the company that paired them together for the masses, do their thing.

Just my thoughts and certainly not trying to tell someone that they should or should not worry about changing shafts.

DCBrad,
I have an honest question for you. Why deviate from the standard shaft immediately? The reason I ask is you hit mine on the range and hit it better than just about every other combination you hit. Straight stock lofted up.

I think people, especially those in #THPMC assume that changing shafts is better than standard because standard is "available" and must not be good. When in reality most of the field, would be better served not even thinking about changing shafts and let the company that paired them together for the masses, do their thing.

Just my thoughts and certainly not trying to tell someone that they should or should not worry about changing shafts.

No worries JB. Just was looking at the shafts offered by Callaway in their custom catalog and I know how much Hawk has fallen in love with the Tour Blue. Just letting my mind wander a bit to the possibilities. I think the stock offering is great and that's why I am specifically lining up a fitting at a Callaway PC this year because they are going to understand their equipment the best and how it fits my game. I will be 100% going with what that fitting tells me.

Just doing a bit of daydreaming, and I respect your opinion a ton on this subject.

Just for clarity's sake, Callaway has said that the version in the drivers is different than the one I tested. Not to say it's better/worse, but it is different. I thought I'd love the X2Hot b/c of the combo I currently play, but it just never happened for me.

I didn't love it in the driver, although I definitely didn't hate it - spin numbers were fine, it was just really dang hooky for me. In a fairway wood (stock in X2 Hot) however...the ATX 60 stiff is HEAVEN. It seems a little better balanced than the C.Kua 59S is in the Mashies, and seems to not want to hook quite as much for me - could be slightly more tip stiff, different torque rating...not totally sure of the reason. But I do know that it is the best shaft for my swing I have experienced to date in a fairway wood, at least based on what I've seen thus far.

Oh and bonus, the paint is really freaking cool!

Just for clarity's sake, Callaway has said that the version in the drivers is different than the one I tested. Not to say it's better/worse, but it is different. I thought I'd love the X2Hot b/c of the combo I currently play, but it just never happened for me.

Same exact thing happened for me man!

The version I reviewed though is money in the XHot driver. I'd smooch whoever made that right on the lips.

hi guys! first post to thp, though i've lurked for quite awhile.

i was fit into this shaft for driver (callaway big bertha set to 12* loft with extreme fade weighting) and fairway wood (adams tight lies 16.5*), 65 gram r flex. i really liked the numbers i was getting with the fairway wood, but the driver was less impressive. lots of misses left, but improved launch conditions and landing angle over my current setup r1 set to 12* loft 2* open with stock Aldila RIP Phenom 55 R flex.

i ordered this shaft from golfsmith when they ran a sale last week, and it drop-shipped directly from aldila. the plastic bag it came in says "pro tour only" on it. is that something that aldila ships everything in?

Welcome!

Hope you enjoy the shaft. It's in my top two for feel and seems to pair very well with my head of choice.

Every Aldila shaft I've gotten has the same wrapper - though I don't know if every one is like that. Just the ones I've seen.

Welcome!

Hope you enjoy the shaft. It's in my top two for feel and seems to pair very well with my head of choice.

Every Aldila shaft I've gotten has the same wrapper - though I don't know if every one is like that. Just the ones I've seen.

thanks. i found another thread about this, and it sounds like it's printed on all their wrappers.

which head do you have it in?

I figured I would bump this thread because the Tour Green seemed to be the common shaft the guys at #PersonalDistance were fit to. I didn't know much about these shafts until I got home and did my research and it makes sense as to why I was fitted to the Tour Green X Flex. Oddly tho, my launch angle went up while my spin numbers came down. And from everything ive read, this is a low launching shaft. Has anyone else seen their loft go up with the green?

I figured I would bump this thread because the Tour Green seemed to be the common shaft the guys at #PersonalDistance were fit to. I didn't know much about these shafts until I got home and did my research and it makes sense as to why I was fitted to the Tour Green X Flex. Oddly tho, my launch angle went up while my spin numbers came down. And from everything ive read, this is a low launching shaft. Has anyone else seen their loft go up with the green?

My launch and spin came down with it, not what you experienced...

Back