golfsteve

Reaction score
Handicap
Well that's my 3 cards in, par for my local course is 70, I had a 92 yesterday for my final card,my first official handicap ever is...........24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on your first handicap index! Hope you see it getting lower and lower!

Congrats. Its a great way to see how you are progressing.

Very cool. Keep it up

Congrats!! Mine was a 21 when I got my first index, but down to 18 now. Only way to lower it is to play more. Unfortunately that isn't really an option for me right now. Lol. Good luck and shoot to beat your score each round.

Thanks guys, improvement is definitely the goal! I'm putting in the hard yards on the short course practice area for sure, definitely seeing it pay off.

First time ever yesterday I had par on the first hole and my first ever chip in birdie so a pretty good day in golf terms

Kerr, was it Oldmeldrum or Meldrum House you played? I'm a member at MH. Where is it you are from?

Thanks again guys

Congrats

Congrats, this is the 1st year I have had an official handicap as well. I really like it because it give me something to shoot for on every shot.

How many of you pay on ushandicap for your handicap rating?

I was a member at Oldmeldrum in my school days but stay down near Edinburgh now. Never played Meldrum House - I've heard good things though.

Glad the golf is going the right way !

Thanks guys, improvement is definitely the goal! I'm putting in the hard yards on the short course practice area for sure, definitely seeing it pay off.

First time ever yesterday I had par on the first hole and my first ever chip in birdie so a pretty good day in golf terms

Kerr, was it Oldmeldrum or Meldrum House you played? I'm a member at MH. Where is it you are from?

Thanks again guys

Oldmeldrum is a lovely place, moved out here to have a family and don't regret it one bit.

Door to door from the house to the golf club is less than one minute!!

Are you sticking in with the golf Kerr?

1 minute golf commute... I think that's called living the dream :blob:

Yeh I've just got back in to it properly after the last membership I had in 1999! just happy to be getting my handicap again and then seeing how far I can go with it...

It's fantastic! The short game area is great!!

Here's a picture from yesterday on the 10th hole

equry9ut.jpg

Congrats! I'm still working on getting enough rounds in to calculate my first handicap.

Congratulations on your first handicap!

I calculated my 10 rounds this year and came up with...a 35.8. I thought for sure I would be in the lower 30's. Averaging about 105-108, but still thought it would be better than that. That's just very slightly better than horrible. I guess that's just more motivation for me to try and put a more complete round together.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Having something to shoot for definitely focuses the mind, all of a sudden I'm thinking of par 5's in a different way, takes some getting used to

Back