The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanna say thank you to all who congratulated me! I'm so excited! You guys will know why the second you meet her. She's so infectious. But starting this afternoon is golf time!!

Golf with a THPer today, on a course we've never played.
Forest Akers West, Michigan state universities course.

Is this the course where they have a lot of different grass types so the agricultural students can do testing? If so, a friend of mine played it last fall and said it was one of the nicest courses he ever played. Enjoy, and post some pictures please!

As of today, the wife and I have been married for 3 years. It has been a tough year, far tougher than the previous two.

In two days, she goes in for some medical stuff, which will in turn dictate the path we take when it comes to our having children.

Couldn't be happier to have been married to my wife for this amount of time..... but definitely scared out of my mind for the future.

Congrats on the anniversary! We've been through a few medical things too, they're always scary but just support each other as best as you can. You'll make it through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the course where they have a lot of different grass types so the agricultural students can do testing? If so, a friend of mine played it last fall and said it was one of the nicest courses he ever played. Enjoy, and post some pictures please!

It is!

As of today, the wife and I have been married for 3 years. It has been a tough year, far tougher than the previous two.

In two days, she goes in for some medical stuff, which will in turn dictate the path we take when it comes to our having children.

Couldn't be happier to have been married to my wife for this amount of time..... but definitely scared out of my mind for the future.

Congrats on the anniversary.

Good luck with the medical tests, I will be sending out positive thoughts your way.

I can tell you after 19 years with the love of my life, having each other during the bad times for support makes all the difference in the world. It also makes celebrating the good times all the better.

We are going to the Man City-Sporting KC game tonight. We weren't able to swing having the players come and play Painted Hills, but the guy we were working with got us Valet Parking, and credentials to get to Field Club for the pre-game dinner and I assume we will be watching from the field level seats. Then afterwards, he will get us down after the game for autographs. Jacqui is going to flip out!

My wife and I went through the same thing about 2-3 years ago. There were a lot of twists and turns in the process, but now we have an awesome 8 month old son. PM me if you want to chat about that sort of thing, I know that it can be pretty rough at times. Best of luck with the medical tests.

The actress who played Winnie Cooper just responded to one of my questions about The Wonder Years during a Q&A on Twitter.

13 year old me is grinning and blushing like you wouldn't believe.

Brad, my wife and I went through the same exact thing. Doc gave us a 3% of conceiving on our own. We are due to have our first child in a week or so. If you need to talk to someone, send me a message. We have been through it all ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anniversary dinner with the wife. Nothing fancy. She had nachos, I had 2 dozen wings, and a couple frosty drinks. All comped by the restaurant she works for.

Back home for some relaxing, some Suits watching, and 4 pieces of cheesecake.

A great evening with a wonderful woman I am proud to call my wife. Now if only she could learn "No Presents" is what it is meant to be.... and not an opportunity for her to buy me things when I didn't get her anything. LOL

What an awesome evening Jacqui got a long-needed break from work and our friends got a well-deserved break from the hell they have been dealing with the last two weeks.

Haven't looked at the pics I took yet, but the BEST one of the night came from a stranger, who took a picture of Jacqui and Brian Kidd together, after he signed his photo in her 1978-79 Man City yearbook!

Anniversary dinner with the wife. Nothing fancy. She had nachos, I had 2 dozen wings, and a couple frosty drinks. All comped by the restaurant she works for.

Back home for some relaxing, some Suits watching, and 4 pieces of cheesecake.

A great evening with a wonderful woman I am proud to call my wife. Now if only she could learn "No Presents" is what it is meant to be.... and not an opportunity for her to buy me things when I didn't get her anything. LOL

Congrats man. Sounds like a great evening.

I know what you mean by the no presents. We did that one year when we were saving for a Disney Trip. Then she went and broke the rules, saying well I had to get you something small at least. Ha.

Congrats man. Sounds like a great evening.

I know what you mean by the no presents. We did that one year when we were saving for a Disney Trip. Then she went and broke the rules, saying well I had to get you something small at least. Ha.

they are all the same, I think no presents really mean get her a little something

they are all the same, I think no presents really mean get her a little something
My wife does the same thing for every occasion . She always has since we started dating . I have never followed it and always got her something. She has a birthday coming up however and I think I am going to follow her wishes. Guessing I will have a post for the rant thread that day.

My wife does the same thing for every occasion . She always has since we started dating . I have never followed it and always got her something. She has a birthday coming up however and I think I am going to follow her wishes. Guessing I will have a post for the rant thread that day.

Yeah. After 19 years I've learned that no matter what she says, she still appreciates something small at least.

I am lucky she's pretty low maintenance, doesn't wear jewelry except for the Cladagh engagement ring and her 12 year old Timex.

Shoes, only about 7 or 8 pair. So unexpected got it pretty good as for expectations.

Well today is my little Buddies 2nd Birthday, it really is amazing how fast the time flies.
yhaqy2av.jpg
hyqugydy.jpg

Congrats on 3 years.
Sorry to hear about the medical stuff, I know how scary that gets.

Now if only she could learn "No Presents" is what it is meant to be.... and not an opportunity for her to buy me things when I didn't get her anything. LOL

I understand and sympathize with you on the presents. Luckily, my wife has gotten to the point, after several years of "no presents", that I get a very specific list.

Just got an email that my new irons are shipping from Callaway today, a week earlier than promised!

Just got an email that my new irons are shipping from Callaway today, a week earlier than promised!

New clubs being shipped is ALWAYS a HHJJ! Hit em well

Hanging with my nieces at the Dustin Lynch concert.
masepuma.jpg

a8u6uge6.jpg

I sank a 45 foot putt for an EAGLE!!!! my first one ever! making an ugly round turn pretty decent

so yeah, I am happy

My game seems to be coming along.

I wish my putting numbers were better (who doesn't right?) but everything seems to be working pretty well right now

in Redmond for the night. Leaving for Spokane/Sandpoint at 6 in the morning. My grandpa gave me his set of Titleist Tour Model blades 3-pw, no 9i though.. it's missing. but still, some sweet blades with not too bad shafts (S300's). gonna give em a wack when we get to sandpoint. 6 hour drive to Spokane, 2 hours from there to Sandpoint. gonna be a long day.

Last edited:
It's media day at the Morgan Cup.... #kidsinacandystore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back