Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

I'm planning on a Friday afternoon round, most likely in the northern burbs, if anyone is available.

18-Hole Round of Golf for Two or Four with Cart at Mission Hills Country Club (Up to 69% Off)

http://gr.pn/1kU6XLg

I have the 6:02 am at Hughes Creek in Elburn Sunday with a good buddy if anyone wants to call over there and join, it is under Byron. We usually play in around 3:30min and like to play early to keep our wives happy! :act-up:

I have the 6:02 am at Hughes Creek in Elburn Sunday with a good buddy if anyone wants to call over there and join, it is under Byron. We usually play in around 3:30min and like to play early to keep our wives happy! :act-up:

Tempted, but a bad slide into second last night will keep the clubs in the closet for a while.

decide late and jam yourself?

Almost. Decided late and caught my foot underneath me. Rolled it over. Doesn't hurt in my ankle, but more in my shin.

Almost. Decided late and caught my foot underneath me. Rolled it over. Doesn't hurt in my ankle, but more in my shin.
That stinks...take it easy and get better quick!

Anyone in the area looking to pick up a push cart?

Tempted, but a bad slide into second last night will keep the clubs in the closet for a while.

Does that push the wedding back? :p

From The HTC One Blue!

[h=1]NEW Twilight Time[/h]
golf-bag.jpg
[h=2]New for July & August[/h] For a limited time enjoy an extended Twilight Golf. Starting at 2pm July 26 - August 10 you can play The Brute for just $69 or The Highlands for just $49.

• NEW Twilight Time starting at 2pm
  • July 26 - August 30

He's already back from his honeymoon! Have some more tequila :D

No more tequila....for a LONG time!! I am behind on the times. So hot in this airport....

From The HTC One Blue!

Heading to check out a Jack Nicklaus designed course this Friday. www.fyrelakegolf.com It's located just south of the Quad-Cities. Has anyone been to this course before? It's pretty new since shortly after it was built, the owners went bankrupt. So far I hear it is quite the challenge.

Heading to check out a Jack Nicklaus designed course this Friday. www.fyrelakegolf.com It's located just south of the Quad-Cities. Has anyone been to this course before? It's pretty new since shortly after it was built, the owners went bankrupt. So far I hear it is quite the challenge.

Hawk and i have played it twice. It's in pretty good shape.

Great layout and pretty challenging.

I'm really looking forward to it. Got a great deal of 1/2 off and any time it gets me over to the Quad-Cities to hit up Bent River Brewery isn't a bad trip.

I'm really looking forward to it. Got a great deal of 1/2 off and any time it gets me over to the Quad-Cities to hit up Bent River Brewery isn't a bad trip.

Drink a Mississippi Blonde for me! Love that place!

A friend of mine was talking about possibly heading up there next weekend (or possibly down to Harry Musatto in McComb).

I played it last year with Hawk and a buddy from down here and really liked it. It was still a bit rough, but it has tons of character. Glad to hear it's in decent shape. My over-all opinion of it is that every hole has something that will get your attention (we played it from the back tees) except maybe 17. That hole kind of seemed a bit out of place. Other than that, great layout. And yes, very challenging.

Look forward to hearing how you like it.

A friend of mine was talking about possibly heading up there next weekend, or possibly down to Harry Musatto in McComb.

I played it last year with Hawk and a buddy from down here and really liked it. It was still a bit rough, but it has tons of character. Glad to hear it's in decent shape. My over-all opinion of it is that every hole has something that will get your attention (we played it from the back tees) except maybe 17. That hole kind of seemed a bit out of place. Other than that, great layout. And yes, very challenging.

first time we played this year was in 40 mph winds. Interesting to say the least.

Yikes. It's tough enough in 10-15 mph winds. That would be down right frightening on some of those water holes.

first time we played this year was in 40 mph winds. Interesting to say the least.

A friend of mine was talking about possibly heading up there next weekend (or possibly down to Harry Musatto in McComb).

Ahh, Harry Mussato in Macomb. I would almost consider this my home course. I went to school at Western Illinois and my inlaws live in Macomb. Absolutely love that course. Check out their website, they have a pretty good deal. http://www.wiu.edu/student_services/golf_course/special_offers/ Let me know if you plan on playing there again. Maybe I could arrange a trip to the inlaws to play a round there.

If you're in that area, also check out Gibson Woods in Monmouth or Swan Creek in Avon (although I haven't played it since they expanded to 18).

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Ahh, Harry Mussato in Macomb. I would almost consider this my home course. I went to school at Western Illinois and my inlaws live in Macomb. Absolutely love that course. Check out their website, they have a pretty good deal. http://www.wiu.edu/student_services/golf_course/special_offers/ Let me know if you plan on playing there again. Maybe I could arrange a trip to the inlaws to play a round there.

If you're in that area, also check out Gibson Woods in Monmouth or Swan Creek in Avon (although I haven't played it since they expanded to 18).

Back