Wife wants to buy me something - what should I ask for?

OkieSpladle

Reaction score
Handicap
My birthday is coming up and my wife has been asking me what I want. Considering I got a new Driver, 3W, hybrid, and wedges (along with various accessories) for our anniversary last month (it was our 10th so we went a little crazy) I'm not sure what to ask for. I think I'm set for clubs for the moment (kicking around a new putter, but that is almost a constant thing with me).

So, what is out there that I should ask for? Is there anything interesting in the GPS market or should I stick with an app? I saw the Game Golf system and that looked interesting. Anything else like that out there? What cool stuff would you ask for that you wouldn't buy yourself?

I love my Garmin GPS watch

The new Bushnell x7 range finder is sweet if you have the extra coin.

Voice caddie sc100 is a fun little toy.

New golf shoes could be nice. Agree with the range finder suggestion if you have the scratch.

What about a tee time at a nice course you ordinarily wouldn't play due to price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a nother woman.:D

I mean, c'mon now, wake up man! Did you even have to ask?

wow you are a lucky man, enjoy the birthday.

a GPS watch changed my game, so easy to use and so convenient.

A series of lessons is always a good thing, especially if you and the instructor really click.

Game Golf Stat Tracker

I have Gamegolf it's pretty cool, I love being able to look back at my rounds on courses I play away from home. The next thing on my list is the Ernest Sports ES14 (http://ernestsports.com/es14/) portable launch monitor. I'd give that a look. My birthday is next week and I told my wife not to get me a thing because it would come from my $$$ anyway. If I want something I buy it.

Rangefinder. You've got some new clubs, if not quite that price range then a new bag? New shoes? That 30% off Ecco's at Budget Golf is pretty sweet...

A round at an upscale club. Maybe something off the Top 100 You Can Play list.

Lessons or a round at a swanky club.

I recently bought a pair of Royal Albartross connoisseur which I love and would recommend to anyone. Not the lightest shoes on the market but outstanding quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need a new car or truck/suv to get your clubs to the course in style!! Call it a golf cart.

Some great ideas in this thread already (and a few laughs too). Thanks all! Keep 'em coming if you got more!

what is a ball park budget?

What don't you have? If it were me, I'd ask for a clickgear 3.5 but that's because my pullcart is 15 years old...

Rangefinder, or a new, personalized bag (if you don't have one). You can build your own bag, with colors and personalization, at vessel. I read about it in a link somewhere here.

what is a ball park budget?

I'd say $400-$500 is the top end, but looking $200-$300 more likely.

The clickgear is a cool idea. I like the two bags I have, but I'll tuck the personalized aspect in my back pocket for when they get old. I'm toying with the idea of taking my foursome to a course near my house that I've never played (Royal Worlington and Newmarket Golf Club), but that may be more expensive than I want to go.

some Seamus Headcovers to go on your new clubs.

Something special that will remind you of her whenever you use it...like a Nead or Lajosi...custom Scotty, or Betti.

I'd go Nead, nice, custom, uncommon, for less that scotty custom shop

Last edited:
I like the idea of a round with your buddies. She would immediately have 3 new friends for life. And if they are cool guys who get it.

I'm sure they would help you return the favor I her on her birthday Girls Spa Day or something.

Back