My buddy lee,,this guy is a true machine

That's what I am saying about thinking about it differently. I wouldn't have described it the way you just did. I have a different way of seeing it. I do not see what I would call hands always in front. I see what I call a pivot starting before you hit and finishing after you have hit. I actually DO see what you mean on the turn being less on the backswing than the finish. I never focus on the back of the ball so that isn't an issue. I don't really get the slamming the club down concept works with the woods though. I don't want my driver hitting the ground. Honestly, for me, the irons were strictly about finding the correct spot in my stance to address the ball so that I was hitting it just before the club reached its arc peak.

Focus on a spot 3 to 4 inches in front of the ball with irons , and I focus on a spot 10" inches in front with the driver . Don't worry about forcing hitting down , just focus on this spot and not the ball . Took me a few weeks , but once i got it .. Than I had it . Once I go over the spot I think swing left . That is it , the setup was ingrained .. Etc .. Now I look and swing left . All I do , the rest takes care of itself. It's awkward, but it gives me some great results . The left is your pivot after the strike . By focusing on spot it doesn't allow me to overturn on backswing . This gives me the feel of hands always in front of me . The setup helps me with the down part without forcing it . Only manual thoughts are look ahead and swing left. The slight weight left setup and wider stance does the down for me. Ball placement ( mid stance irons /left instep driver ). I stand slightly more effect , and I aim slight left. Miss is just just slight left .. Flight is straight to baby fade or draw depending on center of strike .. Most if not all results are dead straight , and club longer and straighter than years past .

that is my list , all I do

I start with 20/30 yard pitch feeling a vertical hinge ( hardly no pivot and club isn't rapped around me .. Aka rotary swing ) . Then I contact it and pivot with everything left . Main focus is spot in front of ball on target line , not focus on ball . Not a pro but doing good with it everytime I give it a try . No fats / 2 slightly larger pulls / and I even tried 10 finger grip on a few shots ( not bad results at all ). I feel barely no turn on way back : but very powerful motion , only reason why I personally think it works . Is the fact that it gives me a straight shot to the ball , not behind me and inside out at it . Really puts the face on ball more than I ever experienced in all my golfing days . Would never even think to swing this way when I was younger , but it sure would've made the game easier for me and not a struggle or use a new swing tip from shot to shot . Cool stuff to say the least

Load it right back ..down and wide left . No flippy stuff
embarrassed even posting my swing above lees .

Load it right back ..down and wide left . No flippy stuff
embarrassed even posting my swing above lees .

Should be noted that many players have had a low left exit on their swing. MANY. Hogan, Rose, Dufner come to mind immediately.

I will add, that their arms get extended, but they don't chase the club down the line.

Should be noted that many players have had a low left exit on their swing. MANY. Hogan, Rose, Dufner come to mind immediately.
I never did it before . I was taught inside out .. And left is bad at an early age . I had issues with blocks , would really get me bad in a few rounds . No hooks , but issues with big blocks . This almost makes me feel my whole body faces the target at the finish

I never did it before . I was taught inside out .. And left is bad at an early age . I had issues with blocks , would really get me bad in a few rounds . No hooks , but issues with big blocks . This almost makes me feel my whole body faces the target at the finish

Maybe I am just misunderstanding his "wide left" idea.

Maybe I am just misunderstanding his "wide left" idea.
Look where his butt of the club points .. With his wide left . Always at the ball , where guys that swing left and hold off the face closing , the butt points away from the ball . His butt of club always faces the ball . All starts with proper backswing .. Butt points at the ball. Feels like no turn. , and hands always in front of body for whole swing

Focus on a spot 3 to 4 inches in front of the ball with irons , and I focus on a spot 10" inches in front with the driver . Don't worry about forcing hitting down , just focus on this spot and not the ball . Took me a few weeks , but once i got it .. Than I had it . Once I go over the spot I think swing left . That is it , the setup was ingrained .. Etc .. Now I look and swing left . All I do , the rest takes care of itself. It's awkward, but it gives me some great results . The left is your pivot after the strike . By focusing on spot it doesn't allow me to overturn on backswing . This gives me the feel of hands always in front of me . The setup helps me with the down part without forcing it . Only manual thoughts are look ahead and swing left. The slight weight left setup and wider stance does the down for me. Ball placement ( mid stance irons /left instep driver ). I stand slightly more effect , and I aim slight left. Miss is just just slight left .. Flight is straight to baby fade or draw depending on center of strike .. Most if not all results are dead straight , and club longer and straighter than years past .

that is my list , all I do

I already focus on a spot a few inches ahead for my aim and have similar address position. I really do think this method covers a lot of what I have learned regarding the golf swing with a few changes/adjustments. I think that is part of why I was struggling to figure out what you/Lee were describing as I was trying to see what was different. Mostly I think it is finding the correct thought keys to achieve the correct impact position to produce the results you want and are getting.

I will add, that their arms get extended, but they don't chase the club down the line.

That is what I was thinking too.

That is where there is a disconnect with a number of people in the understanding. It sounds to me as if your concept of inside out as you learned it at an early age was to more or less finish down that line which will lead to blocking. I learned an inside out path but with the turn over left to the finish. Similar to what you are trying to express with the "hard left" concept. I just don't play enough to groove the swing and be consistent. When I am doing it right, I get very good results.

I believe the Cmotion is combination of a number of parts of other teaching methods taught in a way that is easier to understand for some people that have trouble grasping those concepts in tradition golf lesson speak. When I was a teacher, I found I needed to explain the same concept in multiple ways for everyone in the class to understand. Learning golf is no different. An explanation that works for one person will not work for another. Personally, I always had trouble understanding how to hit out of a bunker successfully until a friend who is a scratch golfer and played in college explained it to me in a way that the light bulb went off and all of a sudden, I could do it and had no fear of bunkers anymore.

I still have a while to go , but hitting the ball is more of a joy now and not a golf tip of the day for me . In lees 1 st new video , he describes how he bent his clubs at a 45 with out the shaft in . I'm so going to work on that next. This method appears to have many positives broken down as best as lee can to make it easy for us . For me , with less time on my hands.. This is truly the easiest way I have ever found to get the ball in the air . And yes , in past I would finish right with inside out .. Now with this stuff I finish strong to the target . And that is where the ball is going , which is always nice

I still have a while to go , but hitting the ball is more of a joy now and not a golf tip of the day for me . In lees 1 st new video , he describes how he bent his clubs at a 45 with out the shaft in . I'm so going to work on that next. This method appears to have many positives broken down as best as lee can to make it easy for us . For me , with less time on my hands.. This is truly the easiest way I have ever found to get the ball in the air . And yes , in past I would finish right with inside out .. Now with this stuff I finish strong to the target . And that is where the ball is going , which is always nice

The 45 was confusing out of Lee's comments too. Is he strictly referring to being at the club shaft being at a 45 degree angle to the ground at impact? Somewhere else? If the ground, this is not possible with some shorter or taller people that need a flatter or more upright lie angle on their clubs. Does he just mean that the leading edge should be parallel to the ground?

The 45 was confusing out of Lee's comments too. Is he strictly referring to being at the club shaft being at a 45 degree angle to the ground at impact? Somewhere else? If the ground, this is not possible with some shorter or taller people that need a flatter or more upright lie angle on their clubs. Does he just mean that the leading edge should be parallel to the ground?

I'm pretty certain that it is also impossible for every club in the bag to be at 45 deg.

I'm pretty certain that it is also impossible for every club in the bag to be at 45 deg.
I agree .. I'm thinking this is a training club . That really makes you feel this whole thing .. Makes you feel no " flip of face open to close" . But more the " push slap" .. The hinge and unhinge . I have a few old clubs , I'm going to get one bent

lee response " just bent the hozel platform to 45 with shaft out "

I agree .. I'm thinking this is a training club . That really makes you feel this whole thing .. Makes you feel no " flip of face open to close" . But more the " push slap" .. The hinge and unhinge . I have a few old clubs , I'm going to get one bent

lee response " just bent the hozel platform to 45 with shaft out "

I am not sure I see the point in having a training club that is incredibly different than my usual clubs. Why not just groove a swing that doesn't need to be practiced with a club that's flatter than a driver?

About 5 years ago I was a huge puller , and couldn't stop pulling ( i had it all in golf :) ) . These new videos now confirm why lee told me to slam or look in front of the ball. I used to go left and go left quick and fold . The wide and left is exactly how I feel now . That spot aiming keeps me from going left too soon and pulling like crazy again . It is hard to curve the ball this way , mostly straight with no curve on it . I power by the spot than think left .. Only way I can feel this is by starting off with 40 yard pitches . All I do is go hard left once I go over that spot ahead of the ball . Cool stuff , and I play callway razor HL ( some would say game improvement cheater clubs ) love them . Not the best at hinging it up yet. , more like the wide he mentioned in 2nd video . But I honestly feel the wide left now . I'm actually turning towards the target with no fear of missing way left . I can almost swing as fast as I want and ball is going straight not flying over the place . Just need to stick to this and stop playing online look golf .

I am not sure I see the point in having a training club that is incredibly different than my usual clubs. Why not just groove a swing that doesn't need to be practiced with a club that's flatter than a driver?[/QUOTE
that was him , I'm sticking with my callway razors and adjustable driver . They are going great , more I go tampering more I will suck it up again

About 5 years ago I was a huge puller , and couldn't stop pulling ( i had it all in golf :) ) . These new videos now confirm why lee told me to slam or look in front of the ball. I used to go left and go left quick and fold . The wide and left is exactly how I feel now . That spot aiming keeps me from going left too soon and pulling like crazy again . It is hard to curve the ball this way , mostly straight with no curve on it . I power by the spot than think left .. Only way I can feel this is by starting off with 40 yard pitches . All I do is go hard left once I go over that spot ahead of the ball . Cool stuff , and I play callway razor HL ( some would say game improvement cheater clubs ) love them . Not the best at hinging it up yet. , more like the wide he mentioned in 2nd video . But I honestly feel the wide left now . I'm actually turning towards the target with no fear of missing way left . I can almost swing as fast as I want and ball is going straight not flying over the place . Just need to stick to this and stop playing online look golf .

Could you kindly tell me where you are looking in front of the ball using the grid below. And are you feeling you are going down towards the spot or sweeping that spot. Many thanks.

grid.png

C 4 , I used to go down after it . But in all honesty I hurt my right wrist one day and decided to stop that for a bit. Now I " sweep" and pass over it . I'm passing over it with a physical thought of swinging left / aka pulling it . No more forcing the divot , it will happen if I'm swinging well . I'm all out to in now , and from a repeating motion I love it .

The last thing I discovered on my own , and lee said was cool was my left face cheek . At that C4 mark , I would think " keep left cheek on that spot" . That alone forced me to not over rotate , set the club better at the top than i ever have in my life . And made it feel as if lees " wide left " happened all on its own now . Almost like all the work I did focusing on swing left is an automatic now . Changed my perception / feel and my eyeline .. By doing this , it gave me a feel of going left all on its own . No more stuck , and gave me a shoulders aimed left and staying left feel . A very powerful thought that let me swing even faster without any worry of a real bad Mis hit. .

The last thing I discovered on my own , and lee said was cool was my left face cheek . At that C4 mark , I would think " keep left cheek on that spot" . That alone forced me to not over rotate , set the club better at the top than i ever have in my life . And made it feel as if lees " wide left " happened all on its own now . Almost like all the work I did focusing on swing left is an automatic now . Changed my perception / feel and my eyeline .. By doing this , it gave me a feel of going left all on its own . No more stuck , and gave me a shoulders aimed left and staying left feel . A very powerful thought that let me swing even faster without any worry of a real bad Mis hit. .

Great thanks, I am going to work on this... Please let me know if you have any at home drills to practice this idea. I am a miracle 12 handicap, and ball striking, GIR is my weakness. As a result my putting/chipping/pitching and sand play has improved, but you can't live and score low with any consistency without that being the exception and not the rule.

This is a little something I learned way way back in the day . And will help with this " spot " I rattle on about . Address ball normal , than put a tee in the ground at the c4 mark ( or your own spot ) : . Hit the ball than the tee . That prevents you from going left too soon . Teaches extension /and keeps that middle or the face on the ball for a long time .

and keeping my left face cheek glued to that c4 mark keeps me so so centered . No moving off the ball , but always on top of it. Will shorten up your backswing for you and helps with the dreaded over rotating backswing .

Make it easy and enjoyable . Some of this stuff from lee was so damn foreign and bizarre . But really it is almost universal with so many other ways of swinging the club. Good players interpretations of what they think and do in their swings actually makes sense now .

Last edited:
Back