What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 9 after work, motivated by all the MC threads today.
Personal Best 33! 4 birds, 3 pars, 2 bogeys (par 35). 14 putts. 6/9 GIR.
First time with 4 birdies in a nine, much less an 18 hole round. Parred the 10th, then a huge dust storm forced me to quit.
And the last time I played the same 9 holes, I shot 38.

Got 18 in after work, shot a 40/42 for an 82.

Really worked on the swing changes and also slowing my swing down just a tad. A few times it felt like the hands were fighting each other, but also stuck a few approach shots really close. Just couldn't make a putt.

Long ways to go, but felt some progress tonight.

Otherwise it was a gorgeous, gorgeous night.

ane7uted.jpg

Between the Heat (107/108 with the heat index) and a raging Sinus Infection the Golf Course handed me my a$$ today.
Played The Traditions at Cypresswood today from the Blue Tees (6640 yards 72.0/135)
Posted a 81
40 Front with Bogies on the first 4 holes followed by 5 pars
41 Back with a Double, 3 Bogies, and 5 Pars
Oh well Shiznit Happens!

46 with 16 putts. I played better than the number but had three really dump blowup holes that added 7 extra strokes.

6 penalty strokes makes a round to forget. Really only 4 bad holes. The other 14 were decent.

Jacqui and I shot 35 in a 2 person scramble at our Couples Night. Even par. Jacqui probably would have shot 38 or so on her own, and she carried us. I lost three balls on my first three drives. One was a par 3!

Got 18 in after work, shot a 40/42 for an 82.

Really worked on the swing changes and also slowing my swing down just a tad. A few times it felt like the hands were fighting each other, but also stuck a few approach shots really close. Just couldn't make a putt.

Long ways to go, but felt some progress tonight.

Otherwise it was a gorgeous, gorgeous night.

ane7uted.jpg
nice pic, sounds like your game is rounding into shape buddy!!!!

38 (1 over) for nine. I choked a little and hit it in the water on 9 for a double.

nice pic, sounds like your game is rounding into shape buddy!!!!
It is getting there.. The more I can make the swing changes feel like the norm the better my game will be.

Played some late afternoon golf yesterday at a local municipal course and went 43/40 for an 83. I was 7 over through 5 and then just found my stroke again and proceeded to play really well for the last 13 holes

1 over par for 5 holes Thursday night with my walking boot on and no real sense of balance. Played forward tees and birdied the short par 4 hole after a gap wedge from 80 yards to four feet. The most important thing was that I felt no pain in the surgical heel afterwards!

Nice early morning tee time, managed an 82 but would of been better if not for a big blow up hole on the 9th with a triple bogey :angry:

Still happy with the round 43 on the front, 38 on the back and with 10 pars & 30 putts. Nice clean round other that bang on the 9th, the game is coming around at last.

All this after having two dental implants installed in to my mouth on Thursday, guess the pain killers have smoothed out the kinks in my game :dazed:

Just had a fantastic day. 9/14 fairways with missed fairways barely off fairway, 13/18 GIR, 29 putts, 5 birdies, 1 double, 2 bogeys for a 71 (-1 under). All time best.
Amazing how one day is a 84 and the next total surprise !

uploadfromtaptalk1406398868804.jpg
Boom! New Personal Best.
I had two birdies lip out on first two holes as well. Felt awesome!

Great job HuntGolfVols!

81 this morning. I had an OOB and 39 puts, so yeah putting wasn't working for me today. Used the 1iron for teeshots on 1, 3 and 12. All where good too.

Managed my round to a 76 which included three double bogeys! Need to be more patient and not try the hero shot every time.

Today I shot a 50/39 89 and I'm none to happy about it.

After 6 holes I was +14 and was this close to just heading back to the parking lot. Stuck it out, found some semblance of a swing, and played holes 7-18 at +3. I've never felt so lost on a golf course as I did this morning. Wow was it bad.

On a serious roll. Must have been channeling some of the awesome play from the #THPMC. New personnel best and something I wasn't sure I'd ever accomplish. Even par, 72. 3 birdies, 3 bogies, 12 pars. 8 fwys, 13 GIR, 31 putts with two 3-putts.

Soaring right now. 73 last weekend and 72 today. Trending to a 7.1 index now.

Can an 80 be disappinting? Yep. 41/39. I just missed on a lot of one putts. If I can get a few to drop, I feel like I can go low (for me, anyway). 38 putts. Ouch!!

38/44 for 10 over 82. 38 is my PB against par for 9 holes. All facets of the game were really good today. Drove it well, played smart, was really dialed in from 100 in. I can't remember one putt where the distance was off much at all, did have one three putt.

Could have gone sub 80 but had a strange stretch of holes where i hit three straight long irons off the tee very thin, like barely making contact and going 100 yards at most. Luckily it was into short grass each time and I saved bogeys each time. It started on 10 after we stopped to get out of the sun and cool off for a few minutes. I wonder if I just lost my rhythm or something.

Very fun, very hot round of golf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37 - 41 - 78. Wilted on the back nine walking in the high heat and humidity of south GA.

On a serious roll. Must have been channeling some of the awesome play from the #THPMC. New personnel best and something I wasn't sure I'd ever accomplish. Even par, 72. 3 birdies, 3 bogies, 12 pars. 8 fwys, 13 GIR, 31 putts with two 3-putts.

Soaring right now. 73 last weekend and 72 today. Trending to a 7.1 index now.
Awesome Barry! So happy for you and even par is an incredible milestone! Keep it up!

Played 1st round of our Match play tournament in Houston this morning, opponent was a guy I know but he won the course we were playing match play a month ago. Started fast got 3 up thru 5, 2 up after front, made back to back birdie and eagle to go 4 up with 6 left, then lost a ball on 14 and put another wet to hang on and win 1 up. Shot 79, 39/40. 7 fairways 6 greens 29 putts.

39-39, 78 on BP Champions course. 1 double but played well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back