Callaway Big Bertha V-Series FW

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Fairway-woods_vseries-small.png

Oh boy, color me super intrigued by the heaven wood

Oh boy, color me super intrigued by the heaven wood

Make that two of us. My FIL had a club with similar specs he gave me a while back. 7W loft with a 5W shaft in it. Fun club to mess with.

Make that two of us. My FIL had a club with similar specs he gave me a while back. 7W loft with a 5W shaft in it. Fun club to mess with.
This looks to be like a 6 wood loft with a 4 wood shaft length. Add in the warbird sole and man that could be easy to launch off the deck

I'm curious to see if heavenwood is written on the bottom, and also I want hit the snot out of it!

This looks to be like a 6 wood loft with a 4 wood shaft length. Add in the warbird sole and man that could be easy to launch off the deck

Yep. Also a 4W headsize from the specs. Didn't notice that until I replied. Could be a bomber! And to think I was going to look at FWs tomorrow... Maybe I should wait.

Spoiler
I won't :D

intrigue level at maximum...

Sounds like a beast. My 5W is already shaking at the threat of being replaced by a hybrid, throw this in the mix and it may be lights out.

meh the superlite thoughts never caught on with me.

Hmm. Been thinking about adding an old Warbird Heavenwood back in the bag..if I could find one cheap enough. Might have to wait for this one.

I like the look of the V-Series. Still not sure about Newton on the bottom, but if I hit it well, I really won't care. Definitely going to have to hit these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No LH Heavenwood. Bummer.

That's purdy, clean and sleek with a lot of tech. I like it, I'd like to give it a swing.

Interesting club
i do not get along with superlite clubs but i an sure they will work great for some

heavenwood, prior nickname of a phrankenwood. i think these are fun names. i wonder what kind of gapping i would get if i dropped my bb 5w down in degrees and got a heavenwood and removed my 3w

heavenwood, prior nickname of a phrankenwood. i think these are fun names. i wonder what kind of gapping i would get if i dropped my bb 5w down in degrees and got a heavenwood and removed my 3w

The Heavenwood and phrankenwood actually are different clubs.

If memory serves me correctly the Heavenwood was released over 20 years ago with the first big Bertha release. It's a 6-7 wood loft in a 3-4 wood length shaft.

The phrankenwood is basically the deep series.

Both very cool ideas though

The D0 swingweight is extremely light! I hope they plan to offer some no cost upgrades.

The D0 swingweight is extremely light! I hope they plan to offer some no cost upgrades.

It's only light if the actual weight is light. I it were a 340 gram club, at D0 it would be fun

I can't get the heavenwood out of my head. I need to see a picture of this beauty at address. I also wonder how shallow the face will be.

I can't get the heavenwood out of my head. I need to see a picture of this beauty at address. I also wonder how shallow the face will be.

But what about the badge on the bottom?

But what about the badge on the bottom?

Didn't say I wouldn't want to try it or it would bother me - I said it was more about a curious decision because it could potentially turn customers away at the point of purchase because it might look "cheap".

However, that was also with a black and white photo - it looks like these new photos are color and I am glad to see that the badge remains silver and not completely colored in.

Callaway Big Bertha V-Series FW

Interesting indeed.

I'll hit it, but then again, I'll hit anything hahaha

I like the looks and sounds of this one. I love me some fairway woods, and I beat that heavenwood would work well for my game.

Interesting indeed.

I'll hit it, but then again, I'll hit anything hahaha

I think nearly everyone on here would. Heck, I was wearing my "I 'Apple' Big Bertha" t-shirt out and about yesterday because i love the direction Callaway going with their "You cant argue with physics" campaign. I just hope it catches on more with the "casual" golfer.

I would say 4 years ago, before I found THP, if I walked into a golf store and saw a club with a medallion with a cartoon man on it I wouldn't go near it because it wasn't "serious" enough for me.

Back