Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Yikes. It's tough enough in 10-15 mph winds. That would be down right frightening on some of those water holes.

Yah I managed to keep it in the mid 70's by an act of god even with an 8, and missed two birdie putts within 7 feet.

Great layout I love the course.

I usually hit mid 70s around hole 16

So i need some suggestions for the aurora Area. I will be there August 30th. Orchard Valley? ?

Orchard valley, Phillips park, bliss creek, fox bend in Oswego, blackberry oaks (boss has a 7 am standing tee time) in Bristol. A little further south is Whitetail Ridge, one of the best courses in the area.

Orchard valley, Phillips park, bliss creek, fox bend in Oswego, blackberry oaks (boss has a 7 am standing tee time) in Bristol. A little further south is Whitetail Ridge, one of the best courses in the area.

Thank you sir

Check out golf now and golf18chicago for deals at all the courses. Bliss creek is a great course and really affordable. You don't have to be a long hitter to do well. Whitetail ridge is a great all around course, although 3 holes are in a dry county. I've heard orchard valley and fox bend have had some maintenance issues this year but I haven't played either course yet this year. Phillips park is a municipal course but still fun. Blackberry oaks is pretty challenging from the tips, lots of bunkers protecting the greens and I find it hard to hold the greens but I don't generate much backspin. Hope that helps.

Check out golf now and golf18chicago for deals at all the courses. Bliss creek is a great course and really affordable. You don't have to be a long hitter to do well. Whitetail ridge is a great all around course, although 3 holes are in a dry county. I've heard orchard valley and fox bend have had some maintenance issues this year but I haven't played either course yet this year. Phillips park is a municipal course but still fun. Blackberry oaks is pretty challenging from the tips, lots of bunkers protecting the greens and I find it hard to hold the greens but I don't generate much backspin. Hope that helps.
Any really nice courses you suggest? I don't mind spending 80 dollars a round or more if the course is worth it.

Out of those or how close to aurora?

That's a bit of a drive from aurora to Tinley Park. Being that close to Chicago area, you could always go the Cog Hill route, which is in Lemont. No 4, Dubsdread is the big pro course there.

That's a bit of a drive from aurora to Tinley Park. Being that close to Chicago area, you could always go the Cog Hill route, which is in Lemont. No 4, Dubsdread is the big pro course there.

Aurora to Tinley Park is only 25 min or so isn't it?

It's about an hour drive, approx 45 miles

Wife giving me bad directions wtf

either way as long as it's on the south side I'll make the drive.

a8ehe4ed.jpg
. Lemont is about the 1/2 way point

I'm not to familiar with the courses closer to the city. In the map on the very far west side (Sandwich), that's where I'm from.

Yah way better off just going to Lemont. Anyone wanna pay Cog Hill? Don't care which course.

I'll have to check, I'm interested, but might have the inlaws coming to visit that weekend.

Yah way better off just going to Lemont. Anyone wanna pay Cog Hill? Don't care which course.
Wish I could make it, as I haven't played down there in a few years. #4 will run $155 until twilight when it drops to $100. I liked #2 as well - a little less pricey. Also in that area is Ruffled Feathers, for around the same pricing as #2, if I remember right (has been a few years since I played there as well).

Hopefully we can find a foursome. I would love to meet people from THP that live in this mythical place called Chicago.

It seems they don't usually leave the area :alien:

Fellow THP I am helping the Mchenry vfw post 4600 raise funds for the vets by selling Weber Grill tickets, $700-800 genesis. 3 chances for $10. Great chance of winning, odds are 1 in 300. Hope you can help. Send me a pm and I will give you my paypal. I will need you name and phone number for the ticket.
We are also hosting a car show August 9 at the Mchenry vfw. Raffles and prizes band food.

uploadfromtaptalk1406638025510.jpg

Fellow THP I am helping the Mchenry vfw post 4600 raise funds for the vets by selling Weber Grill tickets, $700-800 genesis. 3 chances for $10. Great chance of winning, odds are 1 in 300. Hope you can help. Send me a pm and I will give you my paypal. I will need you name and phone number for the ticket.
We are also hosting a car show August 9 at the Mchenry vfw. Raffles and prizes band food.

View attachment 15745

I own a 7 year old version of this grill and as someone who cooks professionally, I can say that as far as gas grills go it is an excellent grill. I love mine! It's a good size and puts out great heat. Great cause here too!

as new member, glad to find the forum/thread and hope to contribute to the community..Thanks
I know your neighborhood! where do you like to play?

So i need some suggestions for the aurora Area. I will be there August 30th. Orchard Valley? ?
it maybe a little to late with my reco , try Prairie Landing in West Chicago or Cantigny (include Lakeside course if you can) in Wheaton. Try playing from the tips which I think you will enjoy with your skill level.

I know your neighborhood! where do you like to play?
I play all over the area since I am part of a league on Sundays, although this year I've been limited to playing 1-2 rounds a month. But for some quick Friday afternoon rounds, Bartlett Hills (resident rates helps) is really close. I also like Hilldale, Highlands of Elgin, Hughes Creek (Elburn). If I only have time for 9, I go to Streamwood Oaks.
I try to look for values and IMO these tracks fits the bill for what I'm looking for. A number of courses around our area has jacked up the fees the last 10 years or so and I just don;t find them worth the price anymore.

Back