Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
How many of you are playing one? One of my best drivers was only about 43.5 and I am debating on my new one being that short

I ordered a 44.5 inch driver for the Morgan Cup but gamed it at 43.5 (roughly) by just choking down.

Quite likely it gets cut down soon. Making better contact than ever and distance is ample for my needs.

I'm going to get that driver back this week and give it a whirl for a while.

Took my 43" Cobra Amp Cell 5-7 fairway shaft and installed it on my driver. Took my 39.5" Cobra Amp Hybrid Shaft and installed it on my 5-7 fairway wood.
Driving it straight about 230 yards. Have not tested the fairway wood yet.
I now have a 45.75" hybrid that looks really funny :)

I have an old TM 300ti that plays to just under 44" in length. Probably the most consistent driver I have ever hit even being 300cc. Thinking about putting my XHP driver at 44" instead of my usual 44.5" just to see if it makes a difference.

I never tried one that short.

But I did try going to a 45 inch from a 46 inch and didn't notice any difference good or bad.

I hit the SLDR Mini which is 43.5". I choke up about an inch on it too. Had 2 drives last weekend measured over 260 with it. My FIR have gone up overall since I went down from the R1 to this. If I could ever find one to hit, I'd love to try a full sized driver head in that length shaft to see if there are any distance gains, but I'm not inclined towards building one. Definitely do not see myself going back to a longer shaft as I have trouble controlling those.

I'm 6' tall but only have a 30" inseam (same as my 5' 6" wife) so I think my build is better suited to shorter shaft lengths.

Being only 5'9" (on a good day) I thought for the longest time I should play a shorter driver or choke down. I've been playing my optiforce at a full 46 and hitting it the best I ever have. Who knows.

My driver shaft is 43.75". Every since I had this thing cut down, I have hit WAY more fairways.

Was in my local pro-shop/range Friday talking with the pro , Billy Eastep, about a driver fitting with him in the coming weeks. He said for my height he wouldn't go over 44 on the length. I said oh really. Said he never fitted anybody over 45 and that the guy he fit this morning was 64 , 6 inches taller than me, and he was fit to a 45. He said if most pros don't hit over a 45 inch driver why should us mortals think would could consistently swing a 45+ inch driver. Now I am really curious as to this fitting and think it should be good. If I got to where I could find the fairway consistently my score should go down.

I have a 43.75" Kai'Li 75 Im experimenting with in my driver. Definite loss of distance but definite gain of control. I'm going to game it the next time I play from the whites or play a really tight course.

I'm at 43.5 and love the control it gives me. Totally changed my game.

Cut my X-Hot down to 43.5 earlier this year when I re-gripped. Definitely hitting it better but I won't go so far as to say I'm hitting it well.

They were talking about serigo playing his at that length today. Surprised me.

My mini Driver is 43.5 but not my driver 44 is too short for me as i am 6'3"

I have my Diamana shafts at 45 1/4 and make great contact and my greatest consistently since the driver shafts started getting longer. I have choked down on the 46" shafts to help with control and eventually get the shafts cut down.

Back