What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I bought a dozen Wilson Duos for the first time this weekend, I really like the ball and it feels great off of my irons. I don't know if it was my striking or the ball but it seemed my irons were a little shorter than normal. Besides that, it's a great ball and would probably buy them again.

Side note: Dick's was selling the Nike RZN for something like $35 or $40 for two dozen, I almost bought them because of the price and I always was curious about it but I really wanted to try the Duo's. Anyone play the RZN and is it a good ball?

Side note: Dick's was selling the Nike RZN for something like $35 or $40 for two dozen, I almost bought them because of the price and I always was curious about it but I really wanted to try the Duo's. Anyone play the RZN and is it a good ball?

Golds, if we ever play a round together I have one you can try!

Played some way back balls. Found a few TP Black in my collection and threw them in the bag. I sure wish they still made them. Long and strait off the tee and all the spin you ever want on irons and wedges.

I tried the Tour Preferred X ball this week and loved it. I mixed in other balls and just couldn't get the same results I saw with the TP X balls. I'm struggling at times with my driver right now due to some swing and set up adjustments, but had my best drives with the TP X - long draws, which I also struggle to hit with my driver. I also saw tons of spin on approach shots. I got new clubs, including Tour Preferred wedges, and hit roughly a 110 yard approach shot with this ball and my 52 degree wedge that landed 3-4 feet from the pin and spun back around 8 feet. I've never had a ball spin back so much, but I've never played new wedges before and have only played new urethane balls a few times before this week (and always with old/used wedges). I played two of the x balls for most of 18 holes and they still look like new. One has a very small grey colored abrasion that I noticed right after hitting the cart path on a dog leg left hole.

I bought a dozen Wilson Duos for the first time this weekend, I really like the ball and it feels great off of my irons. I don't know if it was my striking or the ball but it seemed my irons were a little shorter than normal. Besides that, it's a great ball and would probably buy them again.

I'm currently playing Nike RZN-X's right now. Have been hitting them great for about a month since I stopped playing the Srixon Q-stars. These balls are long & straight off my woods. They have a nice, quiet sound when I hit them. They are pretty soft off my irons and have decent stopping power. I am really liking these balls. $40 for 2 dozen is a great price that I would be all over.

Tried the rbz urethane but didn't like it off the tee. Tried the rzn-x but didn't enjoy the feel. I haven't come across anything this season to prove that the duo or fifty elite are too soft for a +100 SS. Still a believer in the Wilson line right now.

Bridgestone E7. Really like this ball, stupid long off the tee & nice feel around the green.

I played the Duo again today. It really has been a fun ball to play with lately. I have had two chip ins with this ball.

Last edited:
What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played my E5s yesterday and I am in full ponder to try something else, course was dry and in firm conditions, but I've never seen the ball bounce and not hold a green in the year I've been playing these EVER.

Lethal. Still solid but not life altering for me.

I really think its all in on the 2014 RX or E5 now.

I love this Tour Preferred X, but my heart belongs to the B330.

Lethal. Still solid but not life altering for me.

I really think its all in on the 2014 RX or E5 now.

When you play the Lethal, do you find yourself staring at the seam?

When you play the Lethal, do you find yourself staring at the seam?

Funny enough, yes. Twice on the tee yesterday and a couple times on the green. Its awkward to me, funny little thing to be so awkward for sure, but having played the B'stones so long its just super noticeable to me on any ball with a seam.

Played the Tour Preferred X today. Good durability and performed pretty much the same as the B330 and V1x. Was a poor ball striking day so take it FWIW

A friend gave me some PRO V1s. I tried them for a few holes. But I went back to the Callaway SS. I really like the Callaway SS AND the Wilson Duo balls. They fit my swing and swing speed. I going to stay with those 2 brands right now.

Srixon Z star xv.

Played a couple holes with a Wilson Duo today, needless to say I am extremely intrigued might need to hit the Bay to find some to put into play.

Funny enough, yes. Twice on the tee yesterday and a couple times on the green. Its awkward to me, funny little thing to be so awkward for sure, but having played the B'stones so long its just super noticeable to me on any ball with a seam.

Yeah, outside of the RBZ urethane, those stuck out to me as having major seams on some dozens.

Just bought a doz Callaway SR2, was playing the Chrome plus..my hope is these are similar but with a bit more green side spin. I like the spin on full wedges with the Chrome +.. very controlled.

Yeah, outside of the RBZ urethane, those stuck out to me as having major seams on some dozens.

It makes me remember how spoiled I am with Bridgestone

Just bought a doz Callaway SR2, was playing the Chrome plus..my hope is these are similar but with a bit more green side spin. I like the spin on full wedges with the Chrome +.. very controlled.

Similar but increased durability is what I found with the entire SR line.

Similar but increased durability is what I found with the entire SR line.

Good point! I was very surprised how dinged up the Chrome+ tends to get for a non high spin ball...

Lightning golf smack daddy! Very impressed!
ybema2ug.jpg

Back