Euro League Soccer Discussion 2014/15 Season

Robinho...pshhh...we just signed Glykos til 2017!!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hehe let's see. We are definetly loosing Manolas.

Looks like no deal for Robinho & Oly.

That's what they're saying about Manolas, but we'll see...... The story with him started with REAL and Barcelona going to war for him, then it turned to Bayern and Inter.....now it's Juventus, lol. That's all leaked misinformation from his agent trying to drive his price up. I don't see him going for more than $10M to a mid table team in Germany or Italy.

Just turned on Man City vs. Liverpool at Yankee stadium, pretty cool.

Ugh that was miserable from Gerrard

Man City really taking it to Liverpool in this half

I don't watch nearly enough European futbol as I would like. I root for Man U since Wayne Rooney is one of my favorite English players and I have been a Chelsea fan due to being a Fabregas and John Terry fan. I tend to watch more Spanish league. Big Real Madrid fan.

I think this thread is going to be pretty cool through out the year. I only just started following the EPL last year and it will be cool to learn about the other European leagues.

This has been a very entertaining match to watch

City had the worst bunch of penalty kicks I have ever seen. Horrendous.

City had the worst bunch of penalty kicks I have ever seen. Horrendous.
Haha my wife and I were talking about that last night. I guess you saw what they practice them in Pre season. Imagine seeing that during the season Ehhh

EPL TV and Internet Viewing Schedule
All times Eastern.

Note: All matches shown on NBC, NBC Sports Network, and Premier League Extra Time will also be shown live on NBC Sports Live Extra..

Saturday, August 2:

• Olympiacos vs Manchester City (International Champions Cup), 3pm, FOX Sports 2
  • Real Madrid vs Manchester United (International Champions Cup), 4pm, FOX
  • AC Milan vs Liverpool (International Champions Cup), 6:30pm, NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra

Sunday, August 3:

• Arsenal vs Monaco (Emirates Cup), 11:20am, ESPN Deportes

Another great match for Olympiacos. These 3 games in NA have created some high hopes from the get go.

Another great match for Olympiacos. These 3 games in NA have created some high hopes from the get go.

Oly is playing some solid ball right now. Honestly, if I was an Oly fan, I would be praying Manolas stays. There's no way Oly will get what they think he's worth. They want 15+, and Juve laughed at 12. I think a solid sshoing in League and in CL will bring offers for 20+ in the winter.

Oly is playing some solid ball right now. Honestly, if I was an Oly fan, I would be praying Manolas stays. There's no way Oly will get what they think he's worth. They want 15+, and Juve laughed at 12. I think a solid sshoing in League and in CL will bring offers for 20+ in the winter.

He's not staying. They already signed his replacement Botia.

109k watched Man U v Real Madrid at Michigan. How many do you think were true fans
Why does it matter? They are trying to grow the game here in the States and it seems to be working from what I have read.

Do you think Botia is an improvement?
No. But it could be worse right? But I think Michel will work on him and get him to a point where Manolas will be forgotten.

Don't forget we have many capable CB's If Papadopoulos is healthy we'll be ok.

You also have Abidal, Siovas to step in. So it's a good headache.

I believe we can make Botia into something big. Olympiacos CB's have always been a big deal and have always taken it to the next level after we sign them on with the exception of Vermoudes.

Manolas IMHO was nothing special prior to Olympiacos signing him. He was riding his uncles fame and coat tails. We made him who he is today. Michel turned him into a household name.

Remember Manolas was playing for AEK when we beat them 6-0. Lol

Why does it matter? They are trying to grow the game here in the States and it seems to be working from what I have read.

I have to agree. But this event gathers more attention than the MLS IMHO.

I honestly see the ICC becoming a big deal and soon.

Now will that help with getting a NA fan base? Yes. But I also think this will work against the MLS.

I have to agree. But this event gathers more attention than the MLS IMHO.

I honestly see the ICC becoming a big deal and soon.

Now will that help with getting a NA fan base? Yes. But I also think this will work against the MLS.
Oh I totally agree about these Pre season games gaining more attention but the OP was wondering about "true fans" and I was wondering why that mattered. Those games are a great way to get fans here in North America.

Also to your point about the MLS it does hinder it's growth but even if you are a casual fan you can tell the difference in the quality of players and game. MLS will always have trouble competing with many other leagues. Also it is a Spring Summer Fall sport here.

Afellay from Barcelona to Olympiacos. Good transfer. If he stays injury free this guy will make some magic happen.

Manolas is going to Juventus. For 11Mil + 30% resale and 2 players TBA. This was another good sale for Olympiacos.

EPL TV and Internet Viewing Schedule
All times Eastern.

Sunday, August 10:

• Liverpool vs Borussia Dortmund (friendly), 7:15am, NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra
  • Arsenal vs Manchester City (Community Shield), 10am, FOX Sports 1

Back