I would love a zero turn mover but everytime I think about dropping $5k on a flipping lawn mower I almost puke.

I was in the same boat, even with 48 months no interest I had buyers remorse for about 2 days. It was nauseating...

If you hate mowing as much as I do, you will consider it money well spent!

...and then THIS! Couldn't agree more and wish I had bought it years ago...

I would love a zero turn mover but everytime I think about dropping $5k on a flipping lawn mower I almost puke.

Howie my mower was way over 5k. But I can cut over 2 acres in less than an hour. The hydraulic deck just kicks arse! Have had it now 4 years. No troubles at all! Was it expensive sure but the mower I got will last me 25 years if not more. That's $320 a year give or take 10 bucks. Very cheap if you look at it that way. I posted a pick of mine in this thread. It's a small commercial. Plus I got big spot lights installed so I could cut when it's dusk/dark out. If I want to go play golf and have to mow I can still go play and cut when it's to dark to golf! And I have done it too.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

It is kind of like the boat purchace I am on the verge of making. I have snow on the ground a solid 6-7 months of the year. I have about 3 acres that I mow but it is very uneven ground which worries me because I am very hard on the blades, spindles, etc. of my current ride on. I do see the neighbor cut the grass in half the time and it keeps me thinking that I should pull the trigger. My current ponder is a Dixie Chopper Zee 2.

It is kind of like the boat purchace I am on the verge of making. I have snow on the ground a solid 6-7 months of the year. I have about 3 acres that I mow but it is very uneven ground which worries me because I am very hard on the blades, spindles, etc. of my current ride on. I do see the neighbor cut the grass in half the time and it keeps me thinking that I should pull the trigger. My current ponder is a Dixie Chopper Zee 2.

r4b000813_1026R_642x462.png

http://m.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/p...ries/1026r_sub_compact/1026r_sub_compact.page

Get one with the the mower, loader, and snowblower. I want one of them so bad they're awesome.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

If price was no object I would pick-one up in a heartbeat. Someday.

I've only got about a 1/2 acre, but you guys have me drooling!!! Wife won't let me even think of one of these bad boys!!!

If price was no object I would pick-one up in a heartbeat. Someday.

I know, so would I, with a backhoe, and post hole digger, and loader, and mower.... I like tearing stuff up.

But you could do something like a john Deere d105 mower, nit a zero turn just a rider, msrp 1,500 then get a 44" snow blower (another $1400), or even a blade for winter use.

Then you could use it for more then Minnesota 3 week spring/summer/fall season.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I know, so would I, with a backhoe, and post hole digger, and loader, and mower.... I like tearing stuff up.

But you could do something like a john Deere d105 mower, nit a zero turn just a rider, msrp 1,500 then get a 44" snow blower (another $1400), or even a blade for winter use.

Then you could use it for more then Minnesota 3 week spring/summer/fall season.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

That is just it, I have a JD X304 right now with a 44" snowblower. My issue is it takes about 2.5 hours to cut the grass when a zero turn could do the job in about an hour. Just can't justify the $5k or so for the roughly 30-35 hours a year it would save me.

That is just it, I have a JD X304 right now with a 44" snowblower. My issue is it takes about 2.5 hours to cut the grass when a zero turn could do the job in about an hour. Just can't justify the $5k or so for the roughly 30-35 hours a year it would save me.

Yea, btw I don't mean to be pushy about this I just wanted to show options, though you clearly knew about them already.

I'm personally not a fan of zero turns, but they do save time. The x304, that should be 4 wheel steer isn't it?

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Yea, btw I don't mean to be pushy about this I just wanted to show options, though you clearly knew about them already.

I'm personally not a fan of zero turns, but they do save time. The x304, that should be 4 wheel steer isn't it?

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

You are not being pushy at all. Why no love for the zero turns? Yes, the x304 is the 4 wheel steer. Makes mowing easier but it actually makes plowing a little harder.

You are not being pushy at all. Why no love for the zero turns? Yes, the x304 is the 4 wheel steer. Makes mowing easier but it actually makes plowing a little harder.

I tend to tear up lawns and can't ever seem to go straight haha. I think they're awesome I just can't use them all that well.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I tend to tear up lawns and can't ever seem to go straight haha. I think they're awesome I just can't use them all that well.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I think it need to find one to test drive and see how it goes. I could see myself doing the same thing.

I think it need to find one to test drive and see how it goes. I could see myself doing the same thing.

I did at first. But with practice I no longer do. Just have to remember not to turn at full speed. But it has a 10 mph cut speed.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I'm late to the party but the Grasshopper front deck zero turns actually have a PTO shaft and you can pick up a snowblower attachment for it. I think Ferris has front deck models as well but very pricey if I recall. A friend of mine has one of the Grasshoppers and you can get all kinds of goodies to put on those.

UPDATE:

After this thread got me to thinking about changing mowers, I started looking and late last fall purchased a Kubota GR 2120 ( https://www.kubota.com/product/GR2020/GR2020.aspx ) and could not be happier with the decision. I had that 11 year old zero turn that beat me up every time I mowed and this Kubota is a dream in comparison. The Kubota is a three cylinder diesel, power steering, four wheel drive, and relatively comfortable so that it is much less tiresome than wrestling the zero turn around.

I mowed all morning and now am heading out to the golf course for some practice where after mowing any length of time with my old cub cadet I was much too tired to get any meaningful work done on the range.

My mowing consists of lots of small to medium areas with hills and things to mow around plus one large area, a baseball field, but I don't mow it every week. The tight turning radius is not quiet a zero turn but is close enough for me and it cuts a lot of grass on a gallon of diesel fuel.

Maintenance is simple, the mower deck leveling is easily adjusted and all I've had to do so far with 54 hours on the hour meter three-quarters through the mowing season.

I suspect that everyone who purchased zero turns are as happy with their machines as I am with mine but after 11 years of ZT, I couldn't be happier with the more conventional type mower.

Back