emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
For a long time I used a standard grip with standard wrap. Last year a friend of mine and I were at the range and I was hitting his 3W and noticed something felt different with the grip from what I had. He told me that he had two extra wraps on just the right hand. It felt so comfortable that ever since I have gone to that on my driver and 3W and for now have gone with 1 extra on the rh on my irons.

What kind of things do you do with your grips?

I gripe them after every three rounds, but outside of that, I play standard.

What is this "Gripe" you speak of? I saw it ref'd in another grip posting. Thanks!

definitely going to give these a look. never heard about them until today.

definitely going to give these a look. never heard about them until today.

I keep them in my bag. Use them at the course a lot when I do something stupid like touch my grip after touching sun tan lotion or my oily hair. Come like 15 to a pack.

Gripes are awesome.

To the OP topic, I usually add a couple wraps, but it's consistent for both hands. Pondered going straight up midsize but haven't pulled the trigger.

Use air to blow on your grips, makes playing around with size much easier. I just redid all my tape last week. Standard sized grip with 4 wraps under the left hand about 1/2 inch down from end, 6 wraps under the right hand, and a piece of string down down the center rear with 1 final wrap to make a ridge under the clubs. Only did the the string on the 4-6 irons. Just helps me set my hands a bit better with the clubs I swing hard on.

For a long time I used a standard grip with standard wrap. Last year a friend of mine and I were at the range and I was hitting his 3W and noticed something felt different with the grip from what I had. He told me that he had two extra wraps on just the right hand. It felt so comfortable that ever since I have gone to that on my driver and 3W and for now have gone with 1 extra on the rh on my irons.

I use three wraps of masking tape and then wrapped around 1" grip tape on all clubs.

Back