What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got out for a quick 9 this evening after a practice session and short game class. Went out for a +5 40. Great day ball striking and off the tee box. My putter has let me down the past couple of rounds. I'm going to have a heart to heart with it real soon. Right now that's the only thing really holding me back.

shot 38 in league action on tuesday evening....and get this, my opponent was non other than six4three5!!!!!
i doubled the first hole then was even par (one bogey,one birdie) the rest of the way, i won 3 and 1. i will admit he was tired from the morgan cup and the 12 car ride on monday and shot 41, but i will take the win anyway! (i should mention he beat m in the same league last week i up)

Shot a 1 under 35 in league last night. 3 birdies against 2 bogies, missed a 7 footer and 8 footer for birdie as well. One of those nights where swinging was rather easy.

77 (39/38) in league play. Bogeyed the last two holes. Wonderful weather, good foursome, and a couple of good cigars. Doesn't get much better than that.

Played with THPer Diabolo and a couple guys from our Houston Facebook group at Deerwood. Backsliding a little bit the last week, changed putters and today it just didn't work. I guess the heavier counterbalance one on slick greens 11+ at Deerwood not a good combo as I had 4 3 putts and 36 putts total. Been trying different shafts in my SLDR driver as well and lost 3 to the water today. So 6 fairways, 7 greens, 36 putts, and a bad round of 87.

but big ups to Diabolo who shot 86 today and shot first sub 90 round since his hand surgery, going to do it again there Saturday and Sunday

46/43-89. Played a course I've never played before and the greens ate me alive. Was playing with someone who is a member for 12 years and said he's never seen the pins in such ridiculous placements on so many holes in all his years there. Had 5 3-putts, 4 of them were 3-putt bogeys. Was hitting it well off the tee, irons and short game weren't great but weren't bad. But man these pins were in spots that you couldn't get your putt to stop within 10 feet of the hole. At the end of the day I was able to take away the fact that my tee game travels well which is a huge change for me. I'm so much more confident off the tee these days, even on a course I've never played.

3 over 38 with a birdie. Felt really good out there everything just seemed to click now I need to keep this momentum. No 3 putts today which I think is something I have never done before so that is pretty cool. Only 1 penalty which lead to my only double of the day. My goal by the end of the year is to shoot even par at this course which isn't very long but is very tight and really punishes you for bad tee shots.

Shot my personal best today at Lakes of Taylor in Taylor, MI during my weekly IT golf league. Everything was just clicking and I was having loads of fun. Thank you THP for having a place for me to post this!

Shot (-5) for 31, hit 4 of 7 fairways, 9 of 9 greens and had 13 putts. My previous personal best was 33, then 34.

01120d47-061e-4b7b-a485-630a21eb3996_zps69a06817.jpg

Last edited:
shot 38 in league action on tuesday evening....and get this, my opponent was non other than six4three5!!!!!
i doubled the first hole then was even par (one bogey,one birdie) the rest of the way, i won 3 and 1. i will admit he was tired from the morgan cup and the 12 car ride on monday and shot 41, but i will take the win anyway! (i should mention he beat m in the same league last week i up)

It was the flatstick! Nice shooting man.

Pulled in with a 71 in leagues last night. Granted, the course is not very difficult and we play from the white's, it's still a nice number. Part of the savior is that the whole front 9 I can keep my driver in the bag as most of the holes are dogged, short and open to conservative play.

45/41 = 86. PR on the course I played and tied for PR on championship length course. My game is humming along. I made a small grip change and my hook is gone with my woods. Putting was my best aspect of the day with a PR 31 putts including 6 one putts. I have really gotten comfortable with the SeeMore and it gives me so much confidence. My goal for this season was to shoot 85. I think now with grip change at the turn I will hit that easy.

3 over 38 with a birdie. Felt really good out there everything just seemed to click now I need to keep this momentum. No 3 putts today which I think is something I have never done before so that is pretty cool. Only 1 penalty which lead to my only double of the day. My goal by the end of the year is to shoot even par at this course which isn't very long but is very tight and really punishes you for bad tee shots.

just wondering if there were any injured rum barrels laying around on any of the tees?........LOL....:banana:

just wondering if there were any injured rum barrels laying around on any of the tees?........LOL....:banana:
Luckily they all made it though the round safe haha

Kinda wish I broke that one in OC now would have been awesome in my garage!

Luckily they all made it though the round safe haha

Kinda wish I broke that one in OC now would have been awesome in my garage!

nice man cave trophy.....lol

and not one "I SUCK" was heard...lol
You should be a motivational speaker if I missed a putt and you said that too me I would have definitely made the next one!

Was a +3 74 today. Im happy with that BUT lol I had two doubles in there. Was a +5 77 on sunday at Priddis Greens which is a fairly hard course, had a 4 putt :( lol!!!!! Been hitting it really well, just have to sink more putts and cut out the double bogeys.

89 today. Putter was not working very well today and that's usually a strength. Turned about 5 pars into bogey's. Was hitting the ball solidly all day though and had a great time.

37 in a two man shamble for league.

81 on a course with 135 skope at 6700 yards.

I shot an 81 yesterday. Not great but alright considering it was my first round with my new clubs I built. They were great.

I'm starting to hit buffer around my new course so that's telling me I'm plotting my way around better all the time as I get to know the best approaches in and fairway positions, well at least that's what I'm telling myself, cut on the horizon sometime soon I hope.

87 last sun and 93 yesterday. The 87 was actually more disappointing, yesterday I wasn't playing my normal game. I'm trying to work something's out in perpetration for a big stroke play match with a good friend tomorrow. Other than my chipping everything else is pretty serviceable for the limited amount of practice this season. I feel oddly confident.

41 on 9. It was a shorter course so I left the driver in the car. Hit about 80% of the fairways and a few more greens than usual. Putter let me down a couple times tho

What did you shoot today?

46/39 for an 85. Beat previous personal best by 7 strokes (92). Ball striking and putting was much better than usual, but I still feel like I left a handful of wasted shots out there even though I scored very well for my high handicap skill level. Feeling very good about it overall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back