Cobra Bio Cell Irons Review Thread

The 4 and 5 irons in this set are long! The 4 iron actually took my 3H out of the bag. That's insane... But good insane

They may not be the prettiest, but man do I have a sentimental attachment to them now.

Plus, going KBS Tour R+ in the irons and S in my 58 was precisely the right move. I adore the KBS Tour feel but the weight has always been on the end of too much for my personal preference, in the R+ though, right in my CTL wheelhouse but with way better feel.

The 4 and 5 irons in this set are long! The 4 iron actually took my 3H out of the bag. That's insane... But good insane

yea, i've actually had the crazy notion of getting the 3i potentially...

They may not be the prettiest, but man do I have a sentimental attachment to them now.

Plus, going KBS Tour R+ in the irons and S in my 58 was precisely the right move. I adore the KBS Tour feel but the weight has always been on the end of too much for my personal preference, in the R+ though, right in my CTL wheelhouse but with way better feel.

did you get them in blue? Cause I think they're very pretty :)

And i was on the fence with shaft flex too...almost pulled the trigger on the R+ as well, but i actually favor the additional weight, helps me keep my swing shorter and more on plane.

And i was on the fence with shaft flex too...almost pulled the trigger on the R+ as well, but i actually favor the additional weight, helps me keep my swing shorter and more on plane.

Black, all of my MC stuff was black, though the red driver is going into play again here at home.

I Loved my Biocell irons but just couldnt wrap my mind around their weighting system.... thought too much about it (And my swing mechanics) as the ultimate Hacker... Gave them to my brother in law who got me back into golf after my wife's passing and bought TM Speedblades.... He is playing better with them then he has ever played.... Friken John!

I'm an unabashed Apex lover. I mean I adore them, totally.

But taking these out a couple times this week, the shaft pairing and heads are just really really good to me. I'm not at all a fan of the bright chrome or how it shows wear on the sole and face, but dammit I hit these silly good even battling a little casting today. SO glad I went with R+ in the Tours, literally might be everything I want in an iron shaft, higher launch than the S's, little more spin, and a lot better weight for me and what I prefer. Add in that the undercut on these is massive and wants to launch the ball, its a great setup for me.

I'm really tempted to do something I never thought I would with the Apex because of these. Scary tempted. Insanely tempted.

Bio Cell+ are the only irons I didn't have the chance to hit at the Morgan Cup. That makes me a bit sad now. I wrote them off because of the looks, but I saw a lot of people hitting them extremely well.

Bio Cell+ are the only irons I didn't have the chance to hit at the Morgan Cup. That makes me a bit sad now. I wrote them off because of the looks, but I saw a lot of people hitting them extremely well.

You would hit them extremely well, and find a lot of similarities to the SLDR's IMO.

I want a set this winter when the price dwindles even more, just because I've always thought the +'s look sick.

I'm an unabashed Apex lover. I mean I adore them, totally.

But taking these out a couple times this week, the shaft pairing and heads are just really really good to me. I'm not at all a fan of the bright chrome or how it shows wear on the sole and face, but dammit I hit these silly good even battling a little casting today. SO glad I went with R+ in the Tours, literally might be everything I want in an iron shaft, higher launch than the S's, little more spin, and a lot better weight for me and what I prefer. Add in that the undercut on these is massive and wants to launch the ball, its a great setup for me.

I'm really tempted to do something I never thought I would with the Apex because of these. Scary tempted. Insanely tempted.

This is insane to read because if was told numerous times that the Apex go straight back in post MC.

I said the same about the Altitudes...look at me now.

Dude, they are sweet! I took a few passes on Friday, with sweaty hands so I just took easy swings.....that was eye opening to say the least. I won't wear orange but I could see this happening

This is insane to read because if was told numerous times that the Apex go straight back in post MC.

I said the same about the Altitudes...look at me now.

We are wannabe internet golfers dude. Its evident.

Cobra Bio Cell Irons Review Thread

yea, i've actually had the crazy notion of getting the 3i potentially...

But I did...

5ynegane.jpg

Love, love, love these irons.

And #cookie, you are the ultimate internet golfer. A hole in one with bafflers? Psh! Not a chance!

Today was interesting hitting these w/ the Tour R+'s against the Apex w/ CTL S softstepped on several occasions.

Honestly, I hit these higher, and in a good way, they launch better for what I want right now and naturally there is a lot more feel with the Tour's vs the CTL's (that is a given). Makes me curious to try some R+ Tours in the CTL's, but for now, I'm leaving these in the bag.

Interesting turn of events for me.

Today was interesting hitting these w/ the Tour R+'s against the Apex w/ CTL S softstepped on several occasions.

Honestly, I hit these higher, and in a good way, they launch better for what I want right now and naturally there is a lot more feel with the Tour's vs the CTL's (that is a given). Makes me curious to try some R+ Tours in the CTL's, but for now, I'm leaving these in the bag.

Interesting turn of events for me.

I'm with you brother. I played these again Saturday and fired an 82. I was hitting the 5i longer than a couple of guys in my group were hitting their driver. Really made things easy when you can hit 5i 220 off the tee and have an 7, 8 or 9 into the green. And these are no internet golfer lies. What really shocks me, Jman, is the amount of spin these generate. For the first time ever, I had to back off a bit to keep the ball from sucking back too much.

These clubs are literally, point, swing and stare in amazement. The Bio Cells flew jn way under the radar this year. I'm sure the busy cavity scared a few off, but it's growing on me. Plus, who cares about the cavity when you address the ball?

You called it early with these man. They feel and sound outstanding as well. I'm glad that the KBS Tours are working out for you. I'm totally digging the PXis. Thought about putting CTLs in but I worry about them launching too high.

Only complaint is that the faces show wear a bit too early. But that's cosmetic. Really can't come up with a good reason not to game these. Now, if I only had a 6iron.. :act-up:

I wonder what Cobra has in the snake pit for next year....theee will be tough to top.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

I'm with you brother. I played these again Saturday and fired an 82. I was hitting the 5i longer than a couple of guys in my group were hitting their driver. Really made things easy when you can hit 5i 220 off the tee and have an 7, 8 or 9 into the green. And these are no internet golfer lies. What really shocks me, Jman, is the amount of spin these generate. For the first time ever, I had to back off a bit to keep the ball from sucking back too much.

These clubs are literally, point, swing and stare in amazement. The Bio Cells flew jn way under the radar this year. I'm sure the busy cavity scared a few off, but it's growing on me. Plus, who cares about the cavity when you address the ball?

You called it early with these man. They feel and sound outstanding as well. I'm glad that the KBS Tours are working out for you. I'm totally digging the PXis. Thought about putting CTLs in but I worry about them launching too high.

Only complaint is that the faces show wear a bit too early. But that's cosmetic. Really can't come up with a good reason not to game these. Now, if I only had a 6iron.. :act-up:

I wonder what Cobra has in the snake pit for next year....theee will be tough to top.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note
What happened to your six iron ?? Lmao

My trip to the range saturday left me in a predicament. Im hitting these too well to let them sit. So for now the i25's will take some much needed rest.

Have to call back jmans words and say these are just long and forgiving. At times almost too forgiving. If your swing is in place the balls just goes. It goes long. Averaging about a club longer than the i25s and very similar ball flight. Great irons.

cell+ were in the bag today 4-gw. great ball striking day with these. something about the weighting of these with dg x100 just fits me well. i knew i would buy a set after i hit j4u's (same setup) a few times. with the way they were today for me, i am glad i spent 200 bucks for these lmao. (golfsmith sale with couple trade ins) these just may stay in the bag for a while. tough battle with apex with s400s.

I played the bio cells today and I love these irons...I was a little skeptical the first time I took them out...After my 5th round with these in the bag I am hitting irons better than I have in quite some time....they just inspire confidence

Im still loving mine. Great irons.

Man, my iron battle has been fierce. Truth be told, I could game either these or the Apex for good and be thrilled. But, I'm going to give the nod right now to the Apex as for me these spin just a bit more in this setup I have and the Apex/CTL are just comfortable and what I know the best. That said, they will both get played and these are going NOWHERE both from a MC nostalgia standpoint and that I stand by them being damn solid irons.

Man, my iron battle has been fierce. Truth be told, I could game either these or the Apex for good and be thrilled. But, I'm going to give the nod right now to the Apex as for me these spin just a bit more in this setup I have and the Apex/CTL are just comfortable and what I know the best. That said, they will both get played and these are going NOWHERE both from a MC nostalgia standpoint and that I stand by them being damn solid irons.

You can't go wrong there, haus! I'm torn between the bios, dan's DPCs with PXis or my Aprx Pros...Bios are just too much fun!!

Hello, I'm new to THP. This is a great thread and thanks to everyone for their feedback.

I'm interested in the Bio Cell irons, but not terribly familiar with golf seasonal price trends or Cobra's new iron introduction timing.

I have a few questions if anyone can help:

a) Current pricing retail appears to be $499 for Bio Cell 4-PW, GW, would you expect this to drop significantly later this year?
b) Do you expect Cobra will have a new GI iron next year that will replace the Bio Cell?

I'm currently using Adams CB3 Black irons and like them. They're GI, but more on the player side. I thought the Bio Cell technology may present some more distance and forgiveness.

Thanks!
Dave

First, welcome to THP, we're glad you found us!

There's been no word so far on a 2014 iron release from them, but I imagine we would be hearing news within the next month or so if there are. As for the pricing, I personally would expect them to level out, but you can find some INCREDIBLY solid deals from retailers online for them right now that I bet keep getting lower.

Have you hit the Bio's or the Bio+'s yet?

First, welcome to THP, we're glad you found us!

There's been no word so far on a 2014 iron release from them, but I imagine we would be hearing news within the next month or so if there are. As for the pricing, I personally would expect them to level out, but you can find some INCREDIBLY solid deals from retailers online for them right now that I bet keep getting lower.

Have you hit the Bio's or the Bio+'s yet?

Jman,

Wow, very fast reply. I did hit the Bio Cells yesterday on a monitor. Generally I thought they went well. I'm still a bit rough around the edges with my golf swing and have a ways to go, I tend to have some issues with hitting the ball fat. That said I have gotten a lot better though! I scored 37 for 9 holes at a local executive golf course last week (par 28). Playing bogey golf is a big improvement for me versus start of the season!

I'm afraid the Bio Cell + are out of my league :-(

Dave

Jman,

Wow, very fast reply. I did hit the Bio Cells yesterday on a monitor. Generally I thought they went well. I'm still a bit rough around the edges with my golf swing and have a ways to go, I tend to have some issues with hitting the ball fat. That said I have gotten a lot better though! I scored 37 for 9 holes at a local executive golf course last week (par 28). Playing bogey golf is a big improvement for me versus start of the season!

I'm afraid the Bio Cell + are out of my league :-(

Dave

Nice Dave, the regular Bio's are a lot of fun, they're my other set of irons and frankly gave my Apex all they could handle. Check around internet retailers and eBay, there are some REALLY nice deals to have.

Hello, I'm new to THP. This is a great thread and thanks to everyone for their feedback.

I'm interested in the Bio Cell irons, but not terribly familiar with golf seasonal price trends or Cobra's new iron introduction timing.

I have a few questions if anyone can help:

a) Current pricing retail appears to be $499 for Bio Cell 4-PW, GW, would you expect this to drop significantly later this year?
b) Do you expect Cobra will have a new GI iron next year that will replace the Bio Cell?

I'm currently using Adams CB3 Black irons and like them. They're GI, but more on the player side. I thought the Bio Cell technology may present some more distance and forgiveness.

Thanks!
Dave

I got mine irons straight from cobra during a sale for less than that. Wait for a sale and u should find a deal

Back