Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

I play all over the area since I am part of a league on Sundays, although this year I've been limited to playing 1-2 rounds a month. But for some quick Friday afternoon rounds, Bartlett Hills (resident rates helps) is really close. I also like Hilldale, Highlands of Elgin, Hughes Creek (Elburn). If I only have time for 9, I go to Streamwood Oaks.
I try to look for values and IMO these tracks fits the bill for what I'm looking for. A number of courses around our area has jacked up the fees the last 10 years or so and I just don;t find them worth the price anymore.
Very cool, Played Hughes on sat, playing hilldale tomorrow am, and Bowes creek on Fri...not a typical week for me! You are correct about the Jacked up fees, I have been in the area going on 8 years and have seen it...do you ever play Bartlett Hills?

Very cool, Played Hughes on sat, playing hilldale tomorrow am, and Bowes creek on Fri...not a typical week for me! You are correct about the Jacked up fees, I have been in the area going on 8 years and have seen it...do you ever play Bartlett Hills?
lots of rounds for you, I am jealous. I played Hilldale Fri, greens are fast (or should I say faster) without the rain around our area.
I normally play BH Fri afternoon if I can around 2-3 if there are Golfnow deals. Even the course has increased the prices dramatically, even for us residents. The days of $25 (with carts and 1pm time) are long gone....We should try coordinating one of this days for a meet-up and play...

Hopefully we can find a foursome. I would love to meet people from THP that live in this mythical place called Chicago.

It seems they don't usually leave the area :alien:

My issue is I haven't been staying in the area enough. I've left a lot of golf balls in quite a few states so far.

I fully support Cog Hill (I prefer #2 as it's a bit friendlier on my stress levels), Harborside, or Ruffled Feathers. I'm certainly up for a round, can't speak for some of the others though. I know Byron can't play unless it's a 4am start :p

Leaving to play as we live and breathe.. 5:03am Manlai!

5am is crazy early.... But I'd do it anyway :)

From The HTC One Blue!

My issue is I haven't been staying in the area enough. I've left a lot of golf balls in quite a few states so far.

I fully support Cog Hill (I prefer #2 as it's a bit friendlier on my stress levels), Harborside, or Ruffled Feathers. I'm certainly up for a round, can't speak for some of the others though. I know Byron can't play unless it's a 4am start :p

#2 lowers your stress? :). That course drives my blood pressure through the roof. It's a beautiful course, but gets really tight on holes 9-13. Courses 1 and 3 are a not more open and suit my eye better.

Ruffled is a tough test as well. Pete Dye doesn't make anything easy. I like Harborside as well minus the constant wind off the lake and the drive there from Aurora.

There are more than a few courses I'm this area that are great to play, including the ones you've listed.

Leaving to play as we live and breathe.. 5:03am Manlai!

haha right on cue! We have to play sometime, maybe you can push the start time an hour or so for me so that I don't have to leave while it's still dark :p

#2 lowers your stress? :). That course drives my blood pressure through the roof. It's a beautiful course, but gets really tight on holes 9-13. Courses 1 and 3 are a not more open and suit my eye better.

Ruffled is a tough test as well. Pete Dye doesn't make anything easy. I like Harborside as well minus the constant wind off the lake and the drive there from Aurora.

There are more than a few courses I'm this area that are great to play, including the ones you've listed.

well, #2 is less stressful than #4 is what I meant. Don't recall playing Ruffled... anyway I would've been even worse than I am now so anything would've looked impossible back then. I remember harborside having room to miss a bit. I putt down the fairway anyway so wind isn't much of a factor for me. :)

haha right on cue! We have to play sometime, maybe you can push the start time an hour or so for me so that I don't have to leave while it's still dark :p

Maybe I will just have to come to you...Harborside? That way I can get up in the dark and eat the travel...I owe you one in the regard.

Hey guys, have an opening for 1 at Fyre Lake (sherrard, il) on Friday at 11am. Any one interested?

I'm in Peoria so I might join you for that. I think it's still a 2 hr drive and I have to check my schedule and get back to you tonight if that's OK.

Sure, let me know, almost just cancelled the spot

I'm in Peoria so I might join you for that. I think it's still a 2 hr drive and I have to check my schedule and get back to you tonight if that's OK.
It's probably only an hour from Peoria.

Split the difference, it's an hour and a half

Anyone looking for a round in the northern burbs early Saturday morning?

Anyone looking for a round in the northern burbs early Saturday morning?

I wish I could..... girlfriend is moving in Saturday morning, but I've been itching to get out.

I own a 7 year old version of this grill and as someone who cooks professionally, I can say that as far as gas grills go it is an excellent grill. I love mine! It's a good size and puts out great heat. Great cause here too!

Ditto on grill and cause. Mine is only a 4 or 5 years old though

getting excited for the next four on my schedule, Bowes Creek, Geneva National Trevino, Geneva National Palmer, Hawks View.

Has anyone been up to Geneva National that can report of conditioning this season?

Played it in May and it was in great shape...except some bunkers were Ummmm 'interesing'. But I'm sure they have fixed them since then.

From The HTC One Blue!

Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Played it in May and it was in great shape...except some bunkers were Ummmm 'interesing'. But I'm sure they have fixed them since then.

From The HTC One Blue!
The bunkers are usually really good! We go up every summer... I am laughing at my desk right now...what does interesting mean? Picturing them with snow still in them this year!

Last edited:
Back