What part of your game prevents you from shooting your best right now?

Ball striking for sure. My last round, I was pulling my irons slightly and had several thin shots. With the woods, I was fighting a slice and also topped the ball a couple times.

Planning on working on a better impact position today at the range.

If I can cut those mis-hits down, that could save me 5+ strokes per side.

Definitely short wedges and some approach shots from 160 or so. My putting has improved but I'm just not hitting that many gir. Ive got to cut down or eliminate the thin shots and practice some chipping and I really think I'll break the 80s barrier. Surprisingly my tee game is the strongest part right now

Chipping within 10-20 yards of the green/hole

blow up holes usually kill me

Putting. Wait for the Morgan Cup footage. It's embarrassing frankly and I am now convinced the only thing keeping me from being a scratch golfer.

Inconsistent ball striking. Mainly irons. Short game is decent, tee game coming around. Just gotta hit some greens. I'm chipping when I should be putting.

chipping, putting, driving you name it I need help. What do I plan to do? Just keep playing and get more experience under my belt learn to correct and adjust. More importantly.......have fun playing golf!

Now my driving is holding me back. I need to get on some video because I am hooking my driver all over the place.

I believe it would be mental for me. All parts of my game are very consistent right now. I just can't get them all to come together in the same round. I would say it is focus.

My driver is very inconsistent right now. I'm hitting my irons solid, chipping is good and I'm rolling the ball great, but I'm struggling with the driver right now. The last 2 rounds were a little better so maybe it's starting to come around.

Right now I'm super frustrated with my iron play. Switching from a players cavity to a GI iron seems to have given tons of distance but I've really lost whatever precision I used to have. I'm not sure how much of this is the clubs fault and how much is my fault but I'm tempted to go back.

My swing.....when my swing is working I can get close to my best score, but when it isn't I am struggling - which is why I had a lesson to work on my swing to see if there was something I could do. All I need to do now is spend the time at the range to get the change to become my natural swing

But there is always that little bit of inconsistency in my game that shows up every once in a while during a round, whether it is putting, chipping, etc that stops me from putting everything together for that perfect round for me

Hubris. Back to hubris. I think I can hit any shot in any situation.

Mental game, bar none. MCers can attest to this, but I am a head case on the course.

Driving. Last Friday evening I drove the ball like a Boss and was threatening to have one of my lowest 9 hole totals ever. Until I pushed one into the hazard on the last. So driving for me. If I drive it well I usually have a short iron. If I drive it bad the golf course plays me and I'm scrambling for pars. Take note Tiger.

Depends on the day.

For me it's mental. Not in a sense that I have no clue what I am doing, but I tend to get lazy or don't assess the situation properly. I feel like I am driving the ball well, iron shots are decent, wedges are ok (although I struggled this past week) & putting confidence is at an all time high. If I can just learn "one shot at a time" I think I can see low 80's & maybe even break 80 by the time 2014 closes out.

Putting.......but that's getting fixed and is headed the right way.

Mental game, bar none. MCers can attest to this, but I am a head case on the course.

But now, hopefully, a head case with confidence !!:act-up:

Tee Box and putting. I've put in a lot of time on the short game and iron game and that shows. When I'm settled tee game is fine, I just need to practice more to have the confidence in it that I do with the irons and around the green. I've got to find a way to be more agressive putting, especially lag putting. When I get off the tee box it's usually a pretty decent score.

Mental....lack of focus. I forget my "key" thoughts on the tee sometimes which leads to a sloppy tee shot (typically a drop kick). If I can rid myself of that, I feel I can break 80 on pretty much any course out there.

Greenside chipping for me. Used to be good at it, this year have regressed badly. Have tried both my 60 degree wedge and a bump and run with 9 irons. Just not getting up and down very often this year when I miss greens. Super frustrating.

Getting off the tee. Whether it be driver or fairway wood, it has just been a struggle since resuming regular play about a month ago. The rest of my game is in pretty good shape.

Right now I'm super frustrated with my iron play. Switching from a players cavity to a GI iron seems to have given tons of distance but I've really lost whatever precision I used to have. I'm not sure how much of this is the clubs fault and how much is my fault but I'm tempted to go back.

It's funny, my GI iron experience has been a little different. I haven't picked up as much distance as you, around a club, but I feel wildly more accurate with them. My GIR numbers for my last 2 rounds were the highest I've had in the last year and a half. Could have to do with the fact that the CB3's are more of a tweener type iron, though - I don't know if I would call them a full GI stick.

Back