Ping Golf Balls - Collectible

McRock

Reaction score
Handicap
So, a couple of years ago, I discovered that the old Ping golf balls, particularly the one's that were two colors (or strange colors) had become collectible. Does anyone collect them here? I used to have dozens of these from when I was a kid. I have since tucked away the few that I have left. The most valuable one I have is a red and white Christmas ball, that's probably worth $15-$20.

I've considered making it a hobby to collect these, but only if I see them at some antique store or junk shop where they have no idea what they are worth.

Picture for reference only, not the ones I have.

pings.jpg.jpg

~Rock

I remember these and enjoyed them. Would be fun to collect.

They would go well with my mini golf putter collection

27123_12.jpg

They would go well with my mini golf putter collection

27123_12.jpg

Fact.
That putter will feel softer than any milled putter ever created.
Hence the reason that terms like butter and such are overused and not relevant. :angel:

Fact.
That putter will feel softer than any milled putter ever created.
Hence the reason that terms like butter and such are overused and not relevant. :angel:

They must be forged then...:alien:

Those would be cool to collect.

I had one in my shag bag for the longest time, I think it's gone now though. It was the light blue and white one like in the lower right portion of that picture. I wish I knew!

I had one in my shag bag for the longest time, I think it's gone now though. It was the light blue and white one like in the lower right portion of that picture. I wish I knew!

Yep, I wish I had kept some of the ones I had as well. Some of them had some decent value ($40+). But, like the idiot I was at age 14, I just kept playing them and losing them.

Here's a link to a pretty widely accepted value guide.

http://pingballs.com/values.htm

~Rock

When I was in high school, someone gave me about 15 of these. I had a purple and white one as recently as a couple years ago. It's probably buried in a box somewhere in my garage.

Back