Weight loss and your game

That's great. You doing the 800 calorie plan? I think a nutritionist is a good way to go. I tried a new diet this past winter where I had to get carbs down under 50/day and constantly worried about my vitamin levels because of the lack of food variety.

I really noticed the extra flexibility and the decreased spare tire (I've still got one, it's just smaller) on the course today. It was nice.

Last edited:
That's great. You doing the 800 calorie plan? I think a nutritionist is a good way to go. I tried a new diet this past winter where I had to get carbs down under 50/day and constantly worried about my vitamin levels because of the lack of food variety.

They actually have me at 960 calories/day. The one downside is the nasty fiber supplement I have to use so I'll have to check and see if I can use a different one.

They actually have me at 960 calories/day. The one downside is the nasty fiber supplement I have to use so I'll have to check and see if I can use a different one.
960 calories??? Holy crap thats about what a person would need to maintain 130lb body weight without burning any of those calories off.
Good luck, I am not a fan of starvation diets but I am not an expert.

I am down to about 157 now. Hitting it longer due to the Sacroiliac belt but think the weight loss is helping too. Game is iffy right now as I am incorporating a change our Director of Operations gave me a couple weeks ago.

Believe it or not, I have yet to get hungry. Sure, I smell stuff like buffalo wings or BBQ and think how much I'd like to have some, but it's just my old mind set that got me into this spot in the first place, I'm not really physically hungry. No hunger pangs or growling.

I do fine until after dinner & into late evening - I should just go to bed, but I decide to stay up & eat junk (darnit!). I'm running & trying to eat better - my weight is coming down below 200 lb, but my waistline is ridiculously big (44")! I'm trying to keep up the daily work & not be too disappointed - at this point it's going to take some real willpower to establish good eating habits again.

I do fine until after dinner & into late evening - I should just go to bed, but I decide to stay up & eat junk (darnit!). I'm running & trying to eat better - my weight is coming down below 200 lb, but my waistline is ridiculously big (44")! I'm trying to keep up the daily work & not be too disappointed - at this point it's going to take some real willpower to establish good eating habits again.

Nights were tough for me as well, mostly because I'd just drank beer and had no real replacement for that. There are low cal 'ice cream' bars out there - like 45 cal each. I eat two almost every night because I can spare the calories, but also the mental idea of eating two gives you that comfortable feeling that you're sort of binging lol.

Nights were tough for me as well, mostly because I'd just drank beer and had no real replacement for that. There are low cal 'ice cream' bars out there - like 45 cal each. I eat two almost every night because I can spare the calories, but also the mental idea of eating two gives you that comfortable feeling that you're sort of binging lol.

Yeah, I've tried those 45 calorie "fudgesicles"before - thanks for the reminder! I should stock up on these again for those moments of weakness!

I hoard them lol. Kids are not allowed to touch!

The wife and I are hoping to start eating healthier and exercising in the morning before work and in the evenings before we put the kids to bed. Trying to set a good example for our 2 young kids so they will eat better and continue to be active. Right now I am at about 225-230 and ideally I would like to get back down to 185 or so. Our biggest struggle is when my wife cooks or when we go to her parents house for dinner and the portions are enough for 12 people. We both just need to use self control better.

If you want to get healthy and lose weight check out this site http://whole30.com/. It has changed my life. Starvation diets are not healthy and you will gain the weight back because it's not sustainable. You need a lifestyle change. I lost 40 lbs. I feel better, sleep better and have more energy. Trust me. You will thank me later.

Another week has passed and I dropped another 7 pounds for a total of 22 pounds. Still no hunger issues and doc says everything looks good. Onward ho!

damn, there are some great stories on here. i have lost 30lbs over the last several months. 200 down to 170. you guys keep up the good work!!!!

I started the year about 50 pounds heavier then I am right now. I did the medifast diet, lost 50 lbs in about 4 months and completely changed my lifestyle. I would say my golf swing struggled initially but recently things have changed for the better. I'm healthier and happier and hitting the golf ball further then ever. I've also walked about 90% of my rounds this year. The only change I'd make there would be getting a push cart instead of carrying the clubs. Carrying the clubs does a number on my back for a couple days. Next step is starting to do some strength training. Great golf and happy health everybody!

I started the year about 50 pounds heavier then I am right now. I did the medifast diet, lost 50 lbs in about 4 months and completely changed my lifestyle. I would say my golf swing struggled initially but recently things have changed for the better. I'm healthier and happier and hitting the golf ball further then ever. I've also walked about 90% of my rounds this year. The only change I'd make there would be getting a push cart instead of carrying the clubs. Carrying the clubs does a number on my back for a couple days. Next step is starting to do some strength training. Great golf and happy health everybody!

weight training is awesome. i am 50 now and i hit the gym 6 days a week. i look forward to it and the wife likes my new bod!!

You might want to try "Clear & Natural" (it also says Metamucil on it). easy to add to any food

About a year and a half ago I had lost nearly 80 pounds just by eating better, almost no exercise as well. I sadly gained it back but I am now eating better again and going to the gym about 5-6 times a week. I'm loving it and I feel so much better now. I've lost nearly 30 pounds in about a month as well :)

Here is the four week update. I'm down a total of 30 lbs. Still not getting hungry, but man would I love to sink my teeth into a burger, even a small one just to have something to chew.

Just started Nutrisystem Weds, already down 6 lbs to 317. Goal is 220. I've done nutrisystem twice before with pretty good short term success. Lost 60 lbs the first time 6 years ago, and about 80 lbs 3 years ago. Both were over a 5 month period. Problem is I'd stop, fall into old habits, and slowly put it back on over the next 3 years. Honestly think I'm just going to stick with it indefinitely since its proven to work for me. My primary motivation is to get better at golf and to be more fit for my kids. I have, however, allowed in the past "wing Sundays" which is the only way I've been able to stick with it so long in the past, and think ill continue with it this time around.

That's fantastic and one heck of a drop in lbs per week.

Keep working on your game it'll come back and keep up thecwork

I am down to about 157 now. Hitting it longer due to the Sacroiliac belt but think the weight loss is helping too. Game is iffy right now as I am incorporating a change our Director of Operations gave me a couple weeks ago.

I have been fluctuating between 155 and 160 since I made the above post on 7/28. When we started the first Biggest Loser contest on 3/25/2013, I was at 183 and wanted to get to 165. I was at 155 in early 2005 and never thought I would see it again.

I like the feel of 155-160 and hope to stay right here. I've gone from a size 34 waist to a 32 waist, and have gone from large shirts to mediums and smalls. Different brands have different sizing, plus I don't like the "shoulder seam" where it meets the sleeve to go a couple inches down my arm! And according to my wife, the fit is fine; no "smediums" here! I've even noticed that different styles within the same BRAND have different sizing; wearing smalls with some shirts and mediums in others in the same brand. The Ben Hogan brand is what I am talking about here. Luckily all the golf apparel is going on closeout here in Kansas City, so I have bought a buttload of shirts and shorts and haven't spent a ton of cash. (About 25-30 shirts and a dozen shorts, many of them less than 10 bucks!)

Game is coming around. Still hitting it longer, and I am finally figuring out the swing tip I got close to two months ago.

OK everyone, week 7 and I'm down 44 lbs. Game is suffering a little.

That's very impressive. Forget about the game suffering, because you're making some very positive changes.

Broke the 50 lbs mark this past week. Halfway there and I get to start eating some real food in a couple weeks. Game is still suffering a little, but it appears much of it may have been in my head.

Back