Vijay playing Hopkins Golf?

jspangs

Reaction score
Handicap
I was tuned into the Champions Tour and noticed Vijays Caddie carrying a Hopkins Golf bag. I was just curious if he was playing their clubs or just a bag deal. Pretty big signing for Hopkins Golf for sure.

He's been on staff with them for awhile. Playing wedges. Cleveland irons still I believe.

Isnt he part of the owning group?

He has been with them all year at least playing the wedges i am not sure about the irons

He was talking about possibly playing their ball a while back, but not sure if that ever happened. As far as I know it is bag, hat, logo on shirt, and wedges.

I would find it funny he just plays their wedges, coming from Cleveland which is know for their great wedges. Hopkins must have a good thing going.

I would find it funny he just plays their wedges, coming from Cleveland which is know for their great wedges. Hopkins must have a good thing going.

His only other options would be irons at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see a move there either, but it hasn't happened yet that I am aware of. Have to remember that Greg Hopkins left Cleveland and Vijays connection with him there certainly contributed to where he(Vijay) is now.

I was tuned into the Champions Tour and noticed Vijays Caddie carrying a Hopkins Golf bag. I was just curious if he was playing their clubs or just a bag deal. Pretty big signing for Hopkins Golf for sure.

His name and connection does not make me what to rush out and buy anything...........

His name and connection does not make me what to rush out and buy anything...........
A golf hall of fame member and former #1 in the world leaves a company that is known for making great wedges to play a smaller company's wedge. That definitely has me wanting to give them a look.

Vijay is good friends with the Hopkins guy. Once he left as CEO of Cleveland Vijay went with him.

Back