Callaway Speed Regime Golf Balls Preview - SR1 SR2 & SR3

It really is amazing how durable these balls are. Not many rounds where I don't play all 18 with one ball. I've never been able to say that with Pro V1's in the past.

Ya just so long as I don't catch a tree or cart path the ball will go multiple rounds.

Seeing lots talk about a lot of driver spin on the SR2 and not so much on the SR3. At 95-100 mph swing speed would a guy who doesn't have issues getting the ball up benefit more from the SR3 you guys think? These are 34 a dz right now at my local shop and been pondering picking some up

Seeing lots talk about a lot of driver spin on the SR2 and not so much on the SR3. At 95-100 mph swing speed would a guy who doesn't have issues getting the ball up benefit more from the SR3 you guys think? These are 34 a dz right now at my local shop and been pondering picking some up

FWIW I have not seen any negative effects with driver spin playing the SR2's. I have not been on a monitor lately, but my last few rounds I'm getting 240-260 off the tee & don't see spin issues.

Im gaming the 2s and do not have spin issues off the Tee. At that speed it's a great ball for you.

i haven't seen much for driver spin with sr2 in my bag compared to some others like project (a). I love the sr2.. durable as much as I can ask for and nice touch around and on the greens.

For any of y'all that played the lethal how was it? Got a dz Lethals in the closet I been not gonna play but now I'm pondering it

I had a dozen Lethals back when they came out. I would say they are about the same to me as a ProV1x, B330 or SR3 (all balls that I've used and like). I think they would probably be a little in between the new Tour Preferred and TPX performance wise. I just came to like the Srixon Z Star XV better. It is the most durable ball for me with the flight and spin characteristics that I am looking for, plus I really like the tour yellow. If the SR3 came in yellow and was a little more durable it might could unseat the z star.

Picked up a dozen SR2 today. For 34 bucks I figured I'd give them a try

I played the SR2 again today and aside from the dozen terrible shots I hit Oob and lost the balls, I really liked the performance. I hit every fairway in the back and was happy with distance off the tees.

Played the SR2 today for the first time and oh I'm in love. Ball was long off the tee and great around the green. It's also durable. I played all 18 with the same ball. I could take my wedges and irons and fire away at the pin knowing the ball would one hop and stop.

Finally put the SR2's in play this last Friday on the Squire and really liked a lot of what I saw, too bad it was a SWAMP. Hoping to get out with them some more very soon.

That the first time James? I like the ball. Not my favorite of the 2014 offerings as a whole, but I think that's more based on intangibles than anything. It does what good balls do.

That the first time James? I like the ball. Not my favorite of the 2014 offerings as a whole, but I think that's more based on intangibles than anything. It does what good balls do.

I'd hit the SR3 and SR1 a good bit, but never the 2 for some silly reason, I think I gave the sleeve I had away previously. Icey sent me a dozen in a trade though so I finally remedied that.

I'm still a massive Chrome fan/homer, so I've still been off and on about these a bit but I enjoyed them. I still think I like the FG Tour's a touch more for me, and no-one touches the RX for me either. But these are fun so far.

I picked up the SR3's at Golf Galaxy for $29.99 per dozen minus a $25 coupon for purchases over $150. This is my favorite ball and $25 per dozen is a great deal.

Last edited:
I played the SR2 this weekend and also Chrome Soft. I like the feel of the CS better

I played the SR2 this weekend and also Chrome Soft. I like the feel of the CS better

if and when my game goes off the rails, i start picking out shag balls instead of new chromesoft balls, and because i gamed the sr2 for awhile before the cs i often find myself picking a used sr2 out of the shag balls. not sure if it's a compression thing, but i'm shorter with the sr2 than the cs, with better greenside spin off the cs. cs is just a better ball for me.

Yea saw that at Dicks this weekend. Hoped Golfsmith had same price as I had a gift card.

if and when my game goes off the rails, i start picking out shag balls instead of new chromesoft balls, and because i gamed the sr2 for awhile before the cs i often find myself picking a used sr2 out of the shag balls. not sure if it's a compression thing, but i'm shorter with the sr2 than the cs, with better greenside spin off the cs. cs is just a better ball for me.

That's so interesting, because I used the SR2 before the CS came out. I was all excited about the CS, and after going through a box, I determined that the SR2 was still the better ball for me. Complete opposite of you. I still use the SR2 to this day.

I've got a 50 bucket of mint SR2's in my cart at LostGolfBalls to take advantage of their 20% off Callaway promotion, but reading back through this thread I am hesitating slightly between SR2 and SR3. My swing speed is definitely on the upper end of the SR2 regime (somewhere between 100-105 mph with driver), and I'm hearing from several a ways with SS's like this that they preferred the SR3 even though the numbers say SR2. That being said, I am a definite B330-RX lover and those purport to be for the same SS as the SR2 so on paper the SR2 should be it.

I did game this ball for a little while after #TheKing back in 2014 and I remember getting borderline redonkulous amounts of spin off irons - at one point spinning a 5 iron enough to stop it dead on impact and peel up a chunk of turf. I also remember liking the feel overall. But I can't remember much in detail, and I know for a fact I've picked up a couple mph of speed since then.

Anybody have any more recent thoughts?

I've got a 50 bucket of mint SR2's in my cart at LostGolfBalls to take advantage of their 20% off Callaway promotion, but reading back through this thread I am hesitating slightly between SR2 and SR3. My swing speed is definitely on the upper end of the SR2 regime (somewhere between 100-105 mph with driver), and I'm hearing from several a ways with SS's like this that they preferred the SR3 even though the numbers say SR2. That being said, I am a definite B330-RX lover and those purport to be for the same SS as the SR2 so on paper the SR2 should be it.

I did game this ball for a little while after #TheKing back in 2014 and I remember getting borderline redonkulous amounts of spin off irons - at one point spinning a 5 iron enough to stop it dead on impact and peel up a chunk of turf. I also remember liking the feel overall. But I can't remember much in detail, and I know for a fact I've picked up a couple mph of speed since then.

Anybody have any more recent thoughts?
I have a two pak that I can put into play tomorrow - won't know for sure how the results will be, as I tend to lose some balls, but I will try my best!!

I have a two pak that I can put into play tomorrow - won't know for sure how the results will be, as I tend to lose some balls, but I will try my best!!
Thanks bud! I did end up pulling the trigger, couldn't say no at that price, but I'd still be interested to hear your results!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The SR2 was the best Callaway Ball I've ever gamed, I've had good rounds and experiences with the Chrome soft but if I was gaming a Callaway ball for a season it would be SR2 for me

Back