Dustin Johnson Suspended For Testing Positive For Cocaine?

Steve Howe was suspended 7 or 8 times including being banned for life but that was overturned after an appeal.

And he's dead at 48. For some, this is a demon they can never get rid of. I'm always expecting bad news on Josh Hamilton. I hope DJ can escape it.

Pga should disclose everything to the public, role models should be shown for who they really are across all levels of sport and celebrity status. The PGA needs a person to emerge to drive ratings like Tiger did, but I think that means they have to be honest with us about there professionals like most other sports are

I disagree. I don't think the public needs to know about anyone's history. It's kinda none of their business, much like it's none of anyone else's business how many speeding tickets I've ever had. (1, thanks FHP)

I disagree. I don't think the public needs to know about anyone's history. It's kinda none of their business, much like it's none of anyone else's business how many speeding tickets I've ever had. (1, thanks FHP)

Do you think the public should know if someone failed a PED test?

Why not generalize it. "Conduct detrimental to team" works just fine in most cases. Why not in this one? I just think it's gonna be impossible for DJ to ever play again without being labeled

When you hit a certain level of fame and status, you lose that.

Right or wrong, it's the truth.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I don't. I think certain things should be private. Athletes are not public servants or elected officials.

I don't. I think certain things should be private. Athletes are not public servants or elected officials.

In this instance however, it is someone breaking the rules of the game, therefore since they publicize that, how would it be any different. They consider a PED illegal due to how it might impact the actual performance, not their conduct necessarily.

I think the NFL and MLB do it right. Just a quick press release. This is a little different though, especially if it is voluntary like they're now saying. This has taken on a life of it's own, like how Tiger's car accident opened a Pandora's box.

In this instance however, it is someone breaking the rules of the game, therefore since they publicize that, how would it be any different. They consider a PED illegal due to how it might impact the actual performance, not their conduct necessarily.

I have no problem suspending someone for it and you can say its conduct by saying your not following a rule.

I see PEDs in a different light. I see them as a form of cheating and have no issues with it be disclosed. To me that is a form of breaking the rules.

But addiction to cocaine or alcohol is more of a medical issue and that is where I personally don't see where that should be disclosed to the public or is any of our business.

I suppose being addicted to PEDs doesn't really help my stance but I don't view cocaines use as a PED.

I see PEDs in a different light. I see them a form of cheating and have no issues with it be disclosed. To me that is a form of breaking the rules.

But addiction to cocaine or alcohol is more of a medical issue and that is where I personally don't see where that should be disclosed to the public or is any of our business.

I suppose being addicted to PEDs doesn't really help my stance but I don't view cocaines use as a PED.
Okay let's chsnge the scenario to a player committing armed robbery. Should that be disclosed? Its criminal instead of medical.

Okay let's chsnge the scenario to a player committing armed robbery. Should that be disclosed? Its criminal instead of medical.

Might be a wrong scenario. That's a public record. Even if not convicted. At least here in Wisco

Might be a wrong scenario. That's a public record. Even if not convicted. At least here in Wisco
So if someone gets charged with possession of drugs its public record as well. Now I understand that failing a drug test is not for employment areas but its not a black and white issue in my opinion.

Why does the public need to know? Because the media makes money on the spin of it all? Does the public genuinely care if he's a coke head? Or is it that because of his status we want to see him fall? Do we hear every time someone get stopped for speeding? That's an illegal act too.

If he was arrested for drugs I would say its a different story

Great question and I guess you can use Aaron Hernandez in that arguement. Would the league even have a shot of keeping that quiet? Being arrested is certainly a public issue and being charged with a crime is made public if I am not mistaken. I don't think you have a choice.

So then I guess we walk into the question of possession of narcotic being a crime and therefore should made public.

Dustin Johnson Suspended For Testing Positive For Cocaine?

Well I think that implies possession of cocaine which is at best a misdemeanor probably more like a felony. That's different than speeding which is usually some kind of citation. I think the problem is the cloudiness about a lot of this. Baseball, football whatever there are suspensions made public. Why is golf have to be hush hush

So if someone gets charged with possession of drugs its public record as well. Now I understand that failing a drug test is not for employment areas but its not a black and white issue in my opinion.
i think he is luck that positive tests can't be turned over to the cops and prosecuted as possession

Why not generalize it. "Conduct detrimental to team" works just fine in most cases. Why not in this one? I just think it's gonna be impossible for DJ to ever play again without being labeled

That leads to a lot of speculation. Last year the basketball team I cover suspended a player indefinitely for (conduct detrimental to the team). I was aware of the reason but couldn't report it. Most of the speculation (including drugs) wasn't even close to the actual cause of the suspension and eventual dismissal.

Kinda seems like that's between the parties on the contract, IMO. One could say they're committing conduct unbecoming of a professional, thus it saves all face between parties (assuming this is a first time offense)

If said person is a repeat offender though, I don't see a problem of making an example of them. They had their chance to get it right and didn't listen.

Well I think that implies possession of cocaine which is at best a misdemeanor probably more like a felony. That's different than speeding which is usually some kind of citation. I think the problem is the cloudiness about a lot of this. Baseball, football whatever there are suspensions made public. Why is golf have to be hush hush
Does MLB or NFL ever disclose what a player is suspended for? If I am not mistaken, I think the announcement of the suspension is pretty general and I am sure that has a lot to do with the Unions protecting the players.

for sure you are a cheater you should not be covered for

Does MLB or NFL ever disclose what a player is suspended for? If I am not mistaken, I think the announcement of the suspension is pretty general and I am sure that has a lot to do with the Unions protecting the players.

Yea I guess. What is it? " violating the leagues substance abuse policy". Good point.

Back