The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

Cavs traded with jazz for some turds with non guaranteed contracts. Supposedly something minny wants in return if a lobe trade goes down as they can get cap relief....interesting
An interesting first move, but it makes sense if they're trying to put stuff together to get Love, I wonder if Love wants CLE?

Heard on the radio that to make an analogy... this deal is on the 1 yard line about to go in the endzone!

Well, this only makes sense if they are making a serious run at Love. Gotta hand it to Minny, they are probably getting a lot of value out of a guy who was gonna bolt in a year regardless. Is the offer still supposed to be Bennett, Wiggins, a first rounder and now cap space? Not a bad haul at all.

And, if they can somehow swing Wiggins + fillers it will be a huge win for Minny. The best reported deal for love has been David Lee and Harrison Barnes. Wiggins and others blows that deal out of the water.

wade_medium.gif

Ray Allen leaning towards joining the Cavs.

Reports yesterday had the Bulls offering McDermott, their other pick from this draft and Taj Gibson for Love.

Reports yesterday had the Bulls offering McDermott, their other pick from this draft and Taj Gibson for Love.

Saw that... intriguing... still think I would prefer the Cavs offer if I am Minnesota.

It's actually Nikola Mirotic, they got his rights in the draft like 3 years ago. Finally just got him to sign a deal and come over from the European league. He's been the top, or one of the top, players over there.

And some think the Bulls are just being used as leverage against the Cavs. Something they're used to, unfortunately.

I wonder how much of that buzz was put out by Minnesota to get the Cavs to move it along!

If you didn't hear this on the radio today - it was priceless! For some reason the background music can't be heard, but Frank Caliendo was talking about the only thing that would make LeBron's letter better would be..."Do you have any Shawshank Redemption music?" And the soundtrack played while he read this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj9Ei7FGQgg

Paul George just suffered a horrific injury to his right lower leg during the USA Basketball exhibition game in Las Vegas tonight. If you saw the Kevin Ware injury in the NCAA Tournament a couple of years ago, this injury was about as bad as that one. ESPN is not showing the replay at all right now because it's that bad. Huge blow for a rising star in this league, not to mention USA Basketball for the World Cup and the Pacers for the upcoming season.

Paul George just suffered a horrific injury to his right lower leg during the USA Basketball exhibition game in Las Vegas tonight. If you saw the Kevin Ware injury in the NCAA Tournament a couple of years ago, this injury was about as bad as that one. ESPN is not showing the replay at all right now because it's that bad. Huge blow for a rising star in this league, not to mention USA Basketball for the World Cup and the Pacers for the upcoming season.

I'm glad they're not showing it. Seeing it once was enough.

No bueno.

I like that kid. Bad bad blow for basketball fans.

Just saw a still photo pop up in my Twitter feed of the injury....nearly vomited after that. I feel so bad for him.

Good to know guys I'm staying off of the social media for a bit then.

As a weight lifter, stuff like that freaks the hell out of me.

Stuff usually does not bother me but this is one of the worst I have seen.

As some know on here, I'm in the medical profession. It takes a lot to bother me, but this injury did it. Same as the Kevin Ware injury 2 years ago.

Sportscenter just ran a replay, but they gave plenty of warning before it. I had to change the channel before it came on.

As some know on here, I'm in the medical profession. It takes a lot to bother me, but this injury did it. Same as the Kevin Ware injury 2 years ago.

Sportscenter just ran a replay, but they gave plenty of warning before it. I had to change the channel before it came on.

Watching the game live, after they showed the one replay I wished I never saw it. One of the most gruesome injuries I've ever seen.

Remember that video of me spinning my foot 180°s?

This injury was about 1000 times worse than that.

I would only assume so. I'm not making light of the injury. There's nothing funny about that.

Back