The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

I have no desire to watch the video. Absolutely hate it for him. He seems like a good guy and like his game.

RIP Paul George's leg. Man. Hope he fully recovers. So sad.

yeah that was bad. ugh

Fair amount of shock here in Indy over it. Seeing some reports that his leg will be rodded and it will be a 6 to 9 month recovery. I follow quite a few basketball people here in Indy and most of them will cover all basketball, hoghschool on up so I'm seeing lots of retweets. And a fair number of people are pointing some fingures at the basket supports being so close to the floor. Either way its a huge blow to Team USA and the Pacers.

But that the last thing that matters here. PG is a good kid, does a lot in the community and is pretty solid human. Thoughts should be about his health and not the health of the Pacers or Team USA at this point.

Just a sad and scary experience for them all that were around I'm sure.

I don't have it in me to watch the play. But my heart goes out to Paul. Just horrible

Hey if Anderson Silva can make a come back with a similar injury and fight again (UFC) hopefully Paul will be back as well.

I think he will be back but I think it will take a good bit longer even after he is back to regain form. Kevin Ware also made it back although he red shirted this past year and then transfered to Georgia state in April. Will be interesting to see his comeback this season.

Wow I can't bring myself to watch the video but the reports are that it was just horrendous. That's awful I feel so bad for him.

And Wiggins cavs jerseys have been discontinued on nba.com.....hmm

And Wiggins cavs jerseys have been discontinued on nba.com.....hmm
Heard that Cory Brewer is now being included in the Kevin Love trade.

Heard that Cory Brewer is now being included in the Kevin Love trade.

If it includes Barea, Im not sure its a good deal. That contract is brutal. Already giving up 3 1st round picks with Bennett, Wiggins and a 1st rounder. Now have to take back horrible contract too. Weird because its pretty apparent that Love does not like Barea at times.

I will say this, all the talk about winning later is out the door if this deal happens. This team must be successful almost immediately.

Define later? Kyrie will be around for 5 assuming lebron does the same I think love is only in his mid 20s.

If it includes Barea, Im not sure its a good deal. That contract is brutal. Already giving up 3 1st round picks with Bennett, Wiggins and a 1st rounder. Now have to take back horrible contract too. Weird because its pretty apparent that Love does not like Barea at times.

I will say this, all the talk about winning later is out the door if this deal happens. This team must be successful almost immediately.
I heard about Barea too, I don't know if it's as set in stone as Brewer is, but you'd have to think that playing with James and Irving would trump any feelings Love would have about Barea.

Losing Wiggins is tough, but I heard the first round pick is in 2018. That was interesting to me. You just wonder why the Cavs are pushing this trade when they have a legitimate chance to sign Love in free agency and keep both Wiggins and Bennett. Unless LeBron is really pushing for this behind the scenes, and if LeBron is calling the shots of the franchise, it doesn't much matter what anyone else thinks I guess

Define later? Kyrie will be around for 5 assuming lebron does the same I think love is only in his mid 20s.

Im going by LBJ's quote about later, not mine. This team with Love got exactly what the King wanted. There should be no time in between winning. 3 all stars is what he did down there, and frankly most (although they might be wrong) think Love and Irving are/were a step up from Bosh and Wade. Defense will be a major challenge, but will need to come together.

In my opinion with Love, not winning a title is close to a bust for this time. Strictly my opinion, but you dont mortgage that much of the future to win later.

True but there is no guarantee Wiggins and bennett would stick around in Cleveland long term when the rookie deals expire therefore voiding the whole future argument. The contracts of the 3 all stars will hopefully go beyond that. But I do agree if you make this move you better win a title or 2 in the next 5 years while the pieces are in place.

will be interesting to see how all of this plays out when it comes time for a deal to actually be made

True but there is no guarantee Wiggins and bennett would stick around in Cleveland long term when the rookie deals expire therefore voiding the whole future argument. The contracts of the 3 all stars will hopefully go beyond that. But I do agree if you make this move you better win a title or 2 in the next 5 years while the pieces are in place.

will be interesting to see how all of this plays out when it comes time for a deal to actually be made

A title or 2 in 5 years? FWIW, I think that would be viewed as marginal failure. You have what some (which is absurd in my opinion) call the greatest of all time, with 2 hand picked all stars, and you better win more than you did with the Heat. Sure goals are lofty, but they were set by the man himself, by making the moves he has.

As for Wiggins and Bennett sticking around, that is like saying there is no guarantee that LBJ sticks around. Of course they are staying if they are winning.

Losing Wiggins is tough, but I heard the first round pick is in 2018. That was interesting to me. You just wonder why the Cavs are pushing this trade when they have a legitimate chance to sign Love in free agency and keep both Wiggins and Bennett. Unless LeBron is really pushing for this behind the scenes, and if LeBron is calling the shots of the franchise, it doesn't much matter what anyone else thinks I guess

I don't think Cleveland can sign Love in free agency since they won't have the cap room for free agency. This is assuming he does not take less than the max, which I don't think he will.

I don't think Cleveland can sign Love in free agency since they won't have the cap room for free agency. This is assuming he does not take less than the max, which I don't think he will.

Will they be close assuming they dont bring Varajao back for $10M?

Will they be close assuming they dont bring Varajao back for $10M?

That will definitely help, but they will have to pick up Bennett's and Waiter's options before the offseason which will take up $11 mil, Kyrie's extension will also eat up $12-15 million, most likely, and Brendan Haywood will be making north of $10 million in 2015-16.

That will definitely help, but they will have to pick up Bennett's and Waiter's options before the offseason which will take up $11 mil, Kyrie's extension will also eat up $12-15 million, most likely, and Brendan Haywood will be making north of $10 million in 2015-16.

Edit: Mike, do you know if CLE still has their amnesty?

I think Bennet is a gonner in the trade (for better or worse)

I thought the Cavs used the amnesty Baron Davis 3 years or so ago, not sure about anything since

Back