Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Just let me know bud. It's just sitting here so I'm sure we could work out a nice deal

I've been debating the cost vs benefit. Used a pull cart years ago but it made my shoulder sore. I was thinking a push cart is the way to go. I have been carrying or cart, depending on deal I get. Let me know what price point you are thinking.

The bunkers are usually really good! We go up every summer... I am laughing at my desk right now...what does interesting mean? Picturing them with snow still in them this year!

They were like craters with not much sand and huge Rocks. I think Rambler was in one of the really bad ones....twas ugly.

From The HTC One Blue!

The all day rate on Bowes Creek dropped to $55 on thrus for fri, we called golf now and got them to re-book us at that rate. (we had booked at $89 earlier in the week) Played 48 holes there yesterday, the course was as tough as I have ever played it. Thank goodness the wind was light. The starter said that they played the Elgin open out there last weekend. I'm certain we saw the Sunday pins...brutal..ha. A buddy of mine and I played a stroke play match the first 18, which i won with a 92! We are both in the 10 - 14 handi neighborhood. Tough round but a lot of fun, the match play that followed was even more fun! (i lost on 18, he buried a 15 footer and i missed a short slider) We wanted to get 54 in, but we had a 6pm pizza date with our wives and kids!

Figured I'd jump in this thread real quick in case someone missed my thread I started this morning. Looking for someone to play Cog Hill tomorrow, preferably Dubsdread but would be open to playing #2 if someone wants to save money. Probably around 10am. If anyone is interested PM me!

Finally got to meet another THPer. Thanks to manlai for making the trip up to fill out our 4th at Fyre Lake. You'll have to pick a course close to Chicago and I'll meet you over for another round.

Fyre Lake was a pretty fun course. When you pull into the parking lot you are met by one of the staff with a cart and they load up your bags. IMO this was a very tight course. There was enough natural prairie grass around that if you missed the fairway you were bound to have a penalty shot. It had rained that morning and the green were soft from approaches but pretty quick on the putt. I have never played a Nicklaus course before and these greens were crazy! Multi tiers and I think someone pissed off the super for the course because the pins were pretty tough. The sand was absolutely beautiful. I'm used to Midwest sand. This stuff was beautiful and white and was actually quite pleasant to play out of. I had a couple rough holes but once I settled in things went pretty well. Ended up shooting an 88. For $48 this course is worth every penny. I plan on playing this course again now that I'm more familiar with its layout.

Finally got to meet another THPer. Thanks to manlai for making the trip up to fill out our 4th at Fyre Lake. You'll have to pick a course close to Chicago and I'll meet you over for another round.

Fyre Lake was a pretty fun course. When you pull into the parking lot you are met by one of the staff with a cart and they load up your bags. IMO this was a very tight course. There was enough natural prairie grass around that if you missed the fairway you were bound to have a penalty shot. It had rained that morning and the green were soft from approaches but pretty quick on the putt. I have never played a Nicklaus course before and these greens were crazy! Multi tiers and I think someone pissed off the super for the course because the pins were pretty tough. The sand was absolutely beautiful. I'm used to Midwest sand. This stuff was beautiful and white and was actually quite pleasant to play out of. I had a couple rough holes but once I settled in things went pretty well. Ended up shooting an 88. For $48 this course is worth every penny. I plan on playing this course again now that I'm more familiar with its layout.

Better be spot on with iron distances. I don't think there is a green on the course more than 10 yards deep.

Good shooting!

Once I eliminated some penalty shots, my biggest issue was my lob wedge. Just could not make consistent contact from 50-60 yards. With it being a little damp it felt like the club would just slide right under the ball. The biggest issue of the day was the 5 hrs round. Constantly waiting on the tee box for the group to clear. The guy in the club house said he had 140 on the course all before 12:30.

BRIDGESTONE BALL FITTING - ANTIOCH GOLF CLUB (ANTIOCH, IL)

Bridgestone Ball Fitting is this Thursday, August 7. Come out to the course from 1:00-6:00PM and try the FREE fitting. Find out which ball is perfect for you!

BRIDGESTONE BALL FITTING - ANTIOCH GOLF CLUB (ANTIOCH, IL)

Bridgestone Ball Fitting is this Thursday, August 7. Come out to the course from 1:00-6:00PM and try the FREE fitting. Find out which ball is perfect for you!

Man I wish this was closer!

That is very tempting. Need to figure out work schedule.

I am attending & working at the McHenry VFW Post 4600 this weekend for the Charity Car Show. They will be raffling off baskets and having a auction for items to raise funds for the veterans at post 4600.
One of the items up is a foursome at Kemper Lakes Golf Club in Hawthorn Woods off Old Mchenry road, Payne Stewart won the PGA at this course. Valid through July 2015, Tuesday through Thursday, includes free forecaddy.

I am letting all know in case you want to bid for the Kemper item. It will probably sell somewhere around $280-360 unless there are some real happy bidders.

Let me know if interested.

Jeff

The all day rate on Bowes Creek dropped to $55 on thrus for fri, we called golf now and got them to re-book us at that rate. (we had booked at $89 earlier in the week) Played 48 holes there yesterday, the course was as tough as I have ever played it. Thank goodness the wind was light. The starter said that they played the Elgin open out there last weekend. I'm certain we saw the Sunday pins...brutal..ha. A buddy of mine and I played a stroke play match the first 18, which i won with a 92! We are both in the 10 - 14 handi neighborhood. Tough round but a lot of fun, the match play that followed was even more fun! (i lost on 18, he buried a 15 footer and i missed a short slider) We wanted to get 54 in, but we had a 6pm pizza date with our wives and kids!

Lance and I have done 36 a few times on the occasional weekday at Bowes. We're pretty much toast after that so I can't imagine going more than that. I've become very familiar with the right fairway bunkers on 10, 14 and 15.

On a side note, are we doing Cog or Harborside sometime?

Lance and I have done 36 a few times on the occasional weekday at Bowes. We're pretty much toast after that so I can't imagine going more than that. I've become very familiar with the right fairway bunkers on 10, 14 and 15.

On a side note, are we doing Cog or Harborside sometime?

Yes..we are in lake Geneva this week, maybe we can shoot for fall? We have a busy couple of months coming up. Selling one house and buying another...just had our 3rd child.

10 at Bowes is a bear If you find those bunkers...

The swing is getting better guys...
6atu3u5e.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1407365723496.jpg
11th Hole Jackson Park, Chicago

Last week of work at my current job, and I have a week of packing before the move next week. I'll be playing some during the week if anyone is up for it.

How has Dubsdread looked this season? I'm considering splurging for one round.

Last week of work at my current job, and I have a week of packing before the move next week. I'll be playing some during the week if anyone is up for it.

How has Dubsdread looked this season? I'm considering splurging for one round.
H
ave not played myself but have heard from others that it is in excellent shape. Planning on heading out in September with a couple of neighbors.

If I break out of my slump I'd be up for hitting up Dubs before the end of the season. Otherwise it's going to be sticking to the peewee tracks!

well, the Jekyll and hyde summer tour continues. After shooting about a million (seriously ask Lance, it was about a million) at The Highlands, I shot an 82 at Harborside which probably would have been sub 80 but for a few colossal errors. Round and round I go...

This swing change and lessons and getting better thing makes no sense. Golf is weird.

well, the Jekyll and hyde summer tour continues. After shooting about a million (seriously ask Lance, it was about a million) at The Highlands, I shot an 82 at Harborside which probably would have been sub 80 but for a few colossal errors. Round and round I go...

This swing change and lessons and getting better thing makes no sense. Golf is weird.

That's a great comeback manlai! I hope I can do the same.
I know you didn't shoot a million, but our scores combined.... maybe.

That takes a lot of patience and practice! Glad to see to are seeing the rewards of them even though you are still getting haunted by the bad rounds. Keep it up, you can do it!

it seems like when I lay a real stinker out there...mental let down is the primary culprit...getting it back on the tracks and not letting things snowball can be tough if you are not in the right mindset.

82 at harborside! we need to get out there so you can show me around...

icon6.png
Tonight! - CHICAGOLAND! - Learn to Putt Like a MAJOR Champion - SeeMore Putters
CHICAGOLAND! - VISIT Tonight from 6pm - 9pm - "Learn to Putt Like a MAJOR Champion"

Addison Links and Tees

Time: 6pm-9pm CST
Address: 880 W Lake St, Addison, IL 60101
Phone:(630) 458-2660

Bring yourself and 5 others :))! Would love to see you!

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I definitely needed a little boost after a complete lost-in-the-wilderness round. I wasn't playing exactly well prior to the Highlands Disaster but I was hitting enough good shots in any given round where I felt I was making some good progress. Then the bottom fell out, and with lots of witnesses! It was embarrassing.

it seems like when I lay a real stinker out there...mental let down is the primary culprit...getting it back on the tracks and not letting things snowball can be tough if you are not in the right mindset.

82 at harborside! we need to get out there so you can show me around...

It was a surprisingly small mechanical adjustment. I hate thinking that something so little was skunking me up so bad but it makes sense that one thing throws off another thing and so on. I had a little playing lesson before and it was very beneficial that my pro saw my swing in real game conditions so to speak. I made 3 double bogeys in that round so I actually played pretty tidy golf most of the way. If I can dial in my driver and wedges, that'd be some nice progress.

I'm open to going back there anytime you want. I seem to play pretty well there but always get British Open conditions every time I'm there though. It was cold, very windy, and wet. It's a lot of fun aiming like 10 feet off the green and watching the wind blow the ball back to the center. My drives were plugging but at least that meant the greens were receptive.

Back