Adams Idea Tech V3 Hybrids Review

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I just got 2 Adams V3 hybrids and wanted to share my first glance impressions: WOW!!!

These things are beauties, the black finish is just amazing. I got a 3 and 4 in the stock stiff shafts. I'm amazed and the length difference between the two:
IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

The sole has some nice contour to it and I'm sure it'll help during impact:
IMG_1530.jpg

At address the 3 is slightly larger than what I consider a standard 3 hybrid, which is also nice as it bridges that gap into 5 wood territory:
IMG_1531.jpg

The face is a bit deeper as well, which I'm sure will help off the tee and out of the rough:
IMG_1532.jpg

Each headcover is really nice, the 3 was in one labeled 2-3 and is magnetic, the 4 is in a 4-5-6 and has velcro:
IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

The #1 hybrid logo is a nice touch to the inside of the headcover, I'm sure it'll be a good confidence builder while taking the club out!!!

I'm off for a scramble event tomorrow, I can't wait to get these things to the course, it's a 7 am shotgun start so I'm sure I won't get a lot of range time in before, hopefully a little in this weekend!!

On course impressions to follow.

Those are awsome hybrids!! my dad has a few and I have tried them out a couple of times when we manage to get together. They are also at a great price now as well and the covers are really cool in my opinion. Nice buy let us know how they work for ya

I gamed a V3 hybrid for a while, and really liked it. I hit it really really high with the stock bassara, but when I put a Proforce V2 tour in it, the ball flight was beautiful. It was ridiculously long. As time went on I had more and more problems keeping it from going right. I need to pull it back out and see how I hit it now.

I gamed a V3 hybrid for a while, and really liked it. I hit it really really high with the stock bassara, but when I put a Proforce V2 tour in it, the ball flight was beautiful. It was ridiculously long. As time went on I had more and more problems keeping it from going right. I need to pull it back out and see how I hit it now.

If it still doesn't go straight, let me know!
I finally decided to hit that deal they had the other day, the one I'm assuming Icey hit up, but by the time I went to buy, the only thing they had left was Reg Flex.

Nice initial impression, those are some gorgeous looking hybrids for sure

I had the V3s out for their initial round today, unfotunately it was a scramble and I didn't hit either of them until my final two holes. The first was a long par 3, played about 230 into the wind today, the second was my approach on a par 5 we about 220 out.

They performed great. The best thing about them I first noticed was the feel, they had a great feel at impact. You could really make good contact and get the ball going where you wanted. I pulled them both a bit, but that was my fault not the club.

The other benefit I noticed was from the sole, the turf interaction on both the tee shot and the approach out of the rough was great. It really cut through nice and was easy to make contact. I really think these will be an asset moving forward.

I'm hoping to get some range time in tomorrow. More thoughts to come.

If it still doesn't go straight, let me know!
I finally decided to hit that deal they had the other day, the one I'm assuming Icey hit up, but by the time I went to buy, the only thing they had left was Reg Flex.

The shaft that is in it is an Xflex, but I do still have the stock stiff. I'll message you if I decide to sell it.

Nice hybrids for sure stock shaft wasn't or me re-shafted with Accra Dymatch brought the flight down a tad and more piercing trajectory. My only dislike with them was how easy the paint would chip if you were hitting out of the tall stuff.
Can't wait for the new version comes out with the speed channel

Nice hybrids for sure stock shaft wasn't or me re-shafted with Accra Dymatch brought the flight down a tad and more piercing trajectory. My only dislike with them was how easy the paint would chip if you were hitting out of the tall stuff.
Can't wait for the new version comes out with the speed channel

I like the looks of these a lot, but have been worried about the durability of that finish.

Finally got a full round under my belt with the V3s, WOW!!!

I'm am totally blown away, I tried to use them more often than not to give them a good working in. I just got my first lesson and I don't know for sure if it was just the swing fixes, but these things rocked!!!

The one shot that sticks out in my mind the most was on the 9th hole I hit a great drive straight down the middle, but it came to rest in a divot, didn't really know how to play the shot, but I pulled the 4 from about 215 out, played it a bit back in my stance and made sure I hit ball first and it went straight, high and landed right next to the pin. It was a great feeling, I just wish I could find one as a 2!

The one thing that stuck out in my mind the most about these clubs was the durability, I was really afraid the finish would start to wear or show chips or wear, but I haven't seen anything at all. Hopefully I'll have some update picks soon.

For now I love them, we'll see how long the honeymoon lasts!

Well have gamed these for a while now and I still love the performance, look and styling. But the one thing I'm considering changing is the shafts, they are a bit light for me and I'm hoping I can try a heavier shaft or maybe even changing the 4 into a steel shaft. More to come!!!

These can be had for about $60 now. Worth it? What's the difference between v3 and v3r? Was the v4 better?

These can be had for about $60 now. Worth it? What's the difference between v3 and v3r? Was the v4 better?

Mines still in my bag, one of those clubs that keeps making its way back in time after time. I think I have tried to replace it 4 or 5 times. It's long and straight, hard to beat that.

Mines still in my bag, one of those clubs that keeps making its way back in time after time. I think I have tried to replace it 4 or 5 times. It's long and straight, hard to beat that.

Mine too. I am still gaming the 23° v3. I am a notorious club switcher, and I really haven't found any reason to swap this one out.

I really liked mine, easy to hit, very forgiving.

Thanks guys. Bought one last night off eBay.

Initial range session and it was great. Bought a new wedge too so worked way through bag and when I got to this club I didn't wanna stop hitting it. It's VERY forgiving. My miss is a toe hit and that's why this club got my attention with the extra mass out there. It looks a little odd at address initially (maybe like a high-toe putter) but it doesn't last long. My miss is normally a weak fade but didn't have any with this club but I did hit more draws than normal. I'll keep an eye on that. If you can see in the pic how bad I hit one out on the heel and it was dead straight, maybe 15 yards left, and 10 yards short. Impressive!!

ytajahan.jpg

You'll love this tommy. My V3 3H is still in my bag and will be for a while

Back