Bridgestone J40 Driver Review - The Details

I can't blame you for doing that.. And the way you hammered that club this past weekend, I'm really glad you did. Bombs, my friend!!!

Thanks, man. Wish our practice round didn't get rained out. We will play at some point.

The J40 gets lot of attention and turns lots of heads. I've had plenty of people ask about it already.

Thanks, man. Wish our practice round didn't get rained out. We will play at some point.

The J40 gets lot of attention and turns lots of heads. I've had plenty of people ask about it already.

We'll have our chance, I'll just need to tee it forward hahahaha

how are you finding the 430 over the 445?

We'll have our chance, I'll just need to tee it forward hahahaha

how are you finding the 430 over the 445?

I was a little worried that I was going to sacrifice forgiveness in search of trying to take advantage of the lower launch that 430 offers, but that has not been an issue. I would love to be able to compare the 445 to 430 side-by-side, but the 430 has been working out better for than my XHot Pro.

Was not disappointed in the least with my J40 paired with the Fuji Fuel shaft. Picked up some more distance and better dispersion as well. I like low spin! Thank you Bridgestone!

Johnny Mojo

You were impressive with this one. I know the 9.5* head scared you a bit but splitting fairways the way you were went a long ways to that win on Sunday. While you could likely benefit from a touch higher launch, this still worked very well.

You were impressive with this one. I know the 9.5* head scared you a bit but splitting fairways the way you were went a long ways to that win on Sunday. While you could likely benefit from a touch higher launch, this still worked very well.

It was great watching John hit it so well and seeing how his excitement to be gaming it.

Agreed man! Was really bummed that I could not embrace lofting up to 10.5, but it will happen in time. I really, really think I could squeak out a bit more carry with another degree or so in loft.....

JM

Have you tried the 10.5 vs the 12 or just speculating you need the 12? Got fit for a 10.5* but had 9.5* in the MC and was booming drives.
Just speculating really. I've had more luck with higher lofted drivers.

Ok, so I have been working with this driver and I am still having a hell of a time keeping this driver left, or even straight. My best drives have a penetrating, soft fade, which I can deal with, but they are few and far between. NONE of my other clubs are giving me this kind of trouble... could it be a shaft issue? I have the Motore Speeder 6.2 stiff in it now... SS is right around 100-105.. I really want to love this driver, but when I need it most, it gets away from me.... Any ideas? Oh and forget hitting a draw, it's pretty much impossible for me with the J40. My 910 D2 I can work with, but it's missing some of the things I like about the J40.

Ok, so I have been working with this driver and I am still having a hell of a time keeping this driver left, or even straight. My best drives have a penetrating, soft fade, which I can deal with, but they are few and far between. NONE of my other clubs are giving me this kind of trouble... could it be a shaft issue? I have the Motore Speeder 6.2 stiff in it now... SS is right around 100-105.. I really want to love this driver, but when I need it most, it gets away from me.... Any ideas? Oh and forget hitting a draw, it's pretty much impossible for me with the J40. My 910 D2 I can work with, but it's missing some of the things I like about the J40.

I have not seen my miss right be anymore than what I was seeing previously with my Cleveland or Callaway.

What settings did you have your 910 at?

I have not seen my miss right be anymore than what I was seeing previously with my Cleveland or Callaway.

What settings did you have your 910 at?

A1, stock setting. I'm sure some of it is swing related but it's been a while since I have lost them this far right. I will continue to work with it. My fades are as long or longer than my straight away 910 drives. Pretty impressive.

Nix,

I went from a 910 D2 to the J40 and never looked back. Simply put I can get more distance with the J40 at 9.5 (really need 10.5 though). Oddly enough, I share your miss right and have gone through spells with my J40. Each and every time though it has been traced back to my setup and/or face angle at setup. I sometimes get sloppy with that and when I go back and pay attention to what I am doing, I get back to a butter cut or straight ball. Give it a look see.....might be all there is to it.

#BoomIt

JM

I think this goes back in the bag for the weekend.

I would love to pick up a J40 head to give it a whirl, so much love in this thread.

I would love to pick up a J40 head to give it a whirl, so much love in this thread.

It's a good club and while it's not the newest option on the block, is just solid. It's put my Cleveland Classic on the sidelines, which is one of my favorite drivers ever. The J40 just takes care of business.

I have a tiny experience as I did my Bridgestone ball fitting with one and it was enough to make me want to give it a shot.

It has a unique feel and sound. Different from most other drivers.

My course has dried out a bit and I'm seeing a little roll now. The J40 is long.

It's a good club and while it's not the newest option on the block, is just solid. It's put my Cleveland Classic on the sidelines, which is one of my favorite drivers ever. The J40 just takes care of business.

I can't imagine how filthy long you must hit this if it booted the Classic... I've had an eye out for one of these for a while now. Don't think I'd be comfortable with anything under 10.5˚ though and most of what I've seen cheap are in the 9.5˚ flavor.

I can't imagine how filthy long you must hit this if it booted the Classic... I've had an eye out for one of these for a while now. Don't think I'd be comfortable with anything under 10.5˚ though and most of what I've seen cheap are in the 9.5˚ flavor.

I'm seeing about the same distance as the classic. I think I'm just getting along with the heavier shaft I have in the J40 a bit better. The J40 is more along the lines of a low launch/spin so going with a 10.5 would probably be the better choice for most.

I'm seeing about the same distance as the classic. I think I'm just getting along with the heavier shaft I have in the J40 a bit better. The J40 is more along the lines of a low launch/spin so going with a 10.5 would probably be the better choice for most.

Honestly I'm tempted to hold out for a 12˚. The PX has turned out to be a pretty good shaft for me actually. If I end up with a 3+ FW and have no issues, the 10.5 may be A-OK for me...

Striping this on the range today, approach shots are going to be short and from the fairway if I hit it like that during the outing all day

Been dreaming about how this thing would be with ust elements chrome 6f5t compared to the ahina 70x that i have in it

Back