Cobra Bio Cell+ Driver - Review Thread

If I interpret this correctly, what I hear you saying is that the ZL Encore is Cobra's benchmark, not last year's Amp Cell. Is that correct?

I've felt the ZL Encore was the best driver Cobra made recently. It's amazing the value that they still bring.

No. They simply showed data compared to previous driver releases from them.

That said, the Bio is a composite driver with the venollum in the crown much like the ZL except that one is carbon fiber, so comparisons to the two could be drawn there.

If I interpret this correctly, what I hear you saying is that the ZL Encore is Cobra's benchmark, not last year's Amp Cell. Is that correct?

I've felt the ZL Encore was the best driver Cobra made recently. It's amazing the value that they still bring.

I don't know if it's better than the current line, but I agree that it is a pretty fantastic driver. I recently picked one up off of the marketplace, mainly for the headcover and accessories that came with it (it was a really good price) but I was very pleasantly surprised when I took it to the range. I've actually played a couple of rounds with it and I like it more than my Amp Cell. I still think the Bio+ is a better driver, though. I just seem to get more out of it.

No. They simply showed data compared to previous driver releases from them.
Gotcha. In those data points were there any trends you could pick up regarding the ZLE, Amp Cell, BioCell, Amp, S3, etc.? For me, the S3 forward was when I started gaining interest in Cobra.

It was because of this thread that I gave the Biocell a chance and tested it...

I love my Biocell now...

I think I know the answer to this one, but I'll throw it out there: I'm thinking of switching to this driver from the Bridgestone J40 driver. Both drivers are known for low spin, but which one is more forgiving? Would love to hear the thoughts of people that have hit both drivers.

I think I know the answer to this one, but I'll throw it out there: I'm thinking of switching to this driver from the Bridgestone J40 driver. Both drivers are known for low spin, but which one is more forgiving? Would love to hear the thoughts of people that have hit both drivers.

Bio+ is more forgiving but spins more.

Bio+ is more forgiving but spins more.
Really? I thought the bio + was less spin. At least it was during my fitting.. interesting snippit there

Really? I thought the bio + was less spin. At least it was during my fitting.. interesting snippit there

J40 is one of the lowest spinning heads out there, it, the SLDR, and the OG Classic. The Bio+ isn't a low-low spin head, kind of why we ended up seeing the Bio Pro from them.

In spin the Cobra drivers go Bio Pro, Bio+, Bio, AC

Same here, but then again during my fitting I was hitting the Bio Cell + at 9.5 degrees while my J40 is at 10.5 degrees. But I appreciate the input Jman, was hoping you'd come in here and drop some knowledge.

The Bio+ was a very low spinner for me too. I never tested the J40 but Bio+ at 9.5* had significantly less spin than Alpha at 9*, i25 at 9*, and SLDR at 10.5*. That was with my pathetic excuse for a swing of course.

For me it had about 10% more than the sldr but it ended up being just right in my fitting.

Feel in the Bio Cell+ is unmatched. Its like the exposiveness of the G series without the howitzer sound. Just too spinny for me but dont sleep on it if youre looking for long and mid spin.

Put my ZL Encore 7.5 tour head in bag to go against bio cell+ on lowest loft setting and not much in it. I actually prefer the feel of the Bio Cell+ but just not sure it is any better than Encore but we have very wet winter fairways with no roll so might have to wait until summer to judge.

I think I'm taking this one out next week. Why not?

why not, indeed. :D

the Bio+ really shone for me today. Hit one 335 according to the GPS. granted there was a breeze helping and a lot of downhill rollout.. but hey, I'll take 40 yards out on a 380 par 4 no matter how it got there :)

I haven't had a chance to hit a ball here since coming home, between work and a ton of rain it's been no Bueno. I really enjoy this driver a ton and I think once I get to spend tome time with it on the range it will really be a force to be reckoned with. From what I've seen so far it's really long and very few balls went out of play with a bad swing, I love the looks too!.

I haven't had a chance to hit a ball here since coming home, between work and a ton of rain it's been no Bueno. I really enjoy this driver a ton and I think once I get to spend tome time with it on the range it will really be a force to be reckoned with. From what I've seen so far it's really long and very few balls went out of play with a bad swing, I love the looks too!.

Trout, from what I saw its just a scary solid setup for you my friend.

It is dude, I may get the shaft tipped just to firm it up a touch but I really like it. I want to tool around with the lofts too and see what kind of trajectory and shots I can get out of it, I think it's a monster.

Truth! To witness him in our practice round with an "older" driver, the. To see him with this on Friday and through the weekend.....huge difference! Hell I got to see the results up close an personal on Saturday on the 15th hole of True Blue....about a foot away it landed from me.

It is dude, I may get the shaft tipped just to firm it up a touch but I really like it. I want to tool around with the lofts too and see what kind of trajectory and shots I can get out of it, I think it's a monster.

I haven't touched the settings on mine yet. Still the same as it wqs when I took the plastic off a week and a half ago. I took this and my alpha to the range today and i was blown away. I knew I had to see numbers so I ran to golf galaxy and jumped on the LM and the + is an animal. I the spin, launch and speed numbers are off the charts for me. My instructor said I would be an idiot to not keep playing it. Much like the irons, its just so easy to hit. The face is just explosive everywhere. Another under the radar homerun for cobra. Now what to do with the alpha...

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

I haven't touched the settings on mine yet. Still the same as it wqs when I took the plastic off a week and a half ago. I took this and my alpha to the range today and i was blown away. I knew I had to see numbers so I ran to golf galaxy and jumped on the LM and the + is an animal. I the spin, launch and speed numbers are off the charts for me. My instructor said I would be an idiot to not keep playing it. Much like the irons, its just so easy to hit. The face is just explosive everywhere. Another under the radar homerun for cobra. Now what to do with the alpha...

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

That's good to hear dude, I pulled it out of the bag last night and was just staring at it lol, such a good looking club!!

Anyone send anything on the Bio Cell pro that's come out ?.
Mark Crossfield has done a quick video review but still prefers the abilities of the plus

Anyone send anything on the Bio Cell pro that's come out ?.
Mark Crossfield has done a quick video review but still prefers the abilities of the plus

I haven't hit it yet and most likely won't, I really like the + and once I get used to it it will be my go to stick. I do like the Crossfield reviews though.

So finally had the energy to go to the range saturday. D3cided to get all my clubs adjusted to their specific lofts.

I played the + 10 in the mc and for the most part hit solid drives. The ball was piercing but not much of a carry. I adjusted it to 11 degrees and she came alive. Probably some of the most consistant and long drives ive hit in along time.

Guess there is something to lofting up with a low spinning head :)

How’s the forgiveness with the Bio Cell+? I would like to upgrade my current driver a Taylormade burner 07. I would like to get a driver that has more forgiveness than the my current driver but would like one that spins less as I tend to put a little too much spin on a driver.

Back