The Official Tiger Woods Thread

This is so bad. For his own sake I kind of wish that Watson would come out and publicly say he's not picking Tiger.

That's all folks. WD, back hurt again...

Not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if his season is over.

Not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if his season is over.

I just thought the same thing. There's no point in him playing hurt at the PGA.

Sitting at lunch and saw this happen. Even before he tweaked the back something was off bad.

Just watching him take his shoes off made my back hurt.

I blame the bunker-one-footed swing.

Was just thinking this and yet people think he threw in the towel because he wasn't playing well. Sorry I don't buy it

Was just thinking this and yet people think he threw in the towel because he wasn't playing well. Sorry I don't buy it

Hi, I'm people.

Its just to convenient to me. But I've come to take EVERYTHING he does with a grain of salt. Just my take.

We'll know how bad if he is or isn't at the PGA next week

Hi, I'm people.

Its just to convenient to me. But I've come to take EVERYTHING he does with a grain of salt. Just my take.
Nice to meet you haha your opinion is fine of course, I simply said I don't buy it. Watching the coverage and seeing him leave course I saw (what I believe) to be genuine pain.

We'll know how bad if he is or isn't at the PGA next week

I'd bet a dollar he doesn't play, and frankly if he doesn't and DID tweak it, he needs to shut it down the rest of the year.

Also Jman I wasn't targeting you, I was saying people based on Facebook comments as well.

Nice to meet you haha your opinion is fine of course, I simply said I don't buy it. Watching the coverage and seeing him leave course I saw (what I believe) to be genuine pain.

I'm just a pessimist there, having seen many "injuries" while coaching, some people are great actors in the moment when things get tough and embarassing.

I know I'll get lambasted by the Tiger crew there, but I'm just going to be a pessimist about it until we know more.

Also Jman I wasn't targeting you, I was saying people based on Facebook comments as well.

Dude, no worries. I love the convo man!

I'd bet a dollar he doesn't play, and frankly if he doesn't and DID tweak it, he needs to shut it down the rest of the year.

If it is even as bad as it looked he has to shut it down & reevaluate what his swing is doing. I dint know enough about Foley, but coincidental this happens under his watch.

I'm just a pessimist there, having seen many "injuries" while coaching, some people are great actors in the moment when things get tough and embarassing.

I know I'll get lambasted by the Tiger crew there, but I'm just going to be a pessimist about it until we know more.
Fair enough. I'll admit my hatred for the world cup flopping has to do with some great acting haha so I guess we'll wait and see. Just seemed like he was hurting

THIS

I know that look as well as how he was cringing while sitting in the cart. :bulgy-eyes:

Only way he gets to the Ryder Cup now is riding around in a cart with Special Assistant on it. No way, no how can he make the team at this point. He needs to shut it down and rest the back if he wants to continue a career playing golf.

It's just my uninformed opinion, but Tiger needs to drop Sean Foley as a swing coach and go back to a swing coach that is going to concentrate on him swinging the club in a way that's healthy for his body. I don't know whether he could work with Haney or Harmon again, but this "stay on the left side and explode through the ball" is going to kill him.

The ole "I fumbled the ball so I sprained my ankle" deal. I think it might be sold a little much but I'd also be a dollar that he doesn't play next weekend. If he does, he deserves an Oscar and should play golf to this:

Sadly, I think Tiger is officially done. He'll never be a glimpse of what he once was. Back injuries ruin careers. There are tons of examples in golf history. Even a new coach and swing may never fix him. He's never been the same since Earl passed away.

It's sad to watch. I say all this as a big Tiger fan. He broke onto the scene when I was only 10 and I've watched him all growing up. I hope I'm wrong but just don't see it.

Regardless of the extent of his injury, I do agree he definitely needs to take a break. Swing isn't working when his back was fine, I take the side with those saying ditch Foley

Back