The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Am I the only one that heard the guy from Golf Channel (that always takes a really deep breath before he speaks) say that Tiger gave him a couple quotes before they loaded up and said it was a different kind of a pain in a different spot? The next anyone said anything about it was when it switched to CBS and Nantz took over saying it was the same injury.

I heard that to. It will be interesting to see how many people will suggest he was overplaying it if he plays next week.

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think Tiger needs to change swing coaches. He won 5 times with Foley as his coach last year. However, his swing since back surgery doesn't look like his swing last year at all, it's very short and just seems out of sync big time. I don't know if this is because of his back or not, but he just looks completely out of sync and I don't think it's all Foley's fault.

I don't know about Foley, but to me he looks like a golfer that doesn't know which was the ball will be going.

I think Tiger needs to put his pride aside and sit it out the rest of the year. The dude is going to do some serious damage if he keeps trying to push it too soon. I know his passion for the game is strong and he wants to play but he could force an early retirement if he doesn't sit this next week out.

Really sad the state of Tiger right now... he drives it worse than I do. I've been a fan since his college days, his old swing in the late 90's was one of the prettiest I've ever seen

a Physical Therapist told me just yesterday, coming back too early may have done more damage to his back than he had prior to surgey

At least it wasn't a picture of Tshirts and a traction harness.

or a bathing suit flips flops and a Nike towel

Just once I'd like to see a company have a little humor and do something like that. It'll never happen, but it would be hilarious!

Just once I'd like to see a company have a little humor and do something like that. It'll never happen, but it would be hilarious!

Would it have been considered humor or logical if they had only pictured the first 2 shirts and pants? haha

I commented in this thread when he was getting ready for Doral that I had the same surgery in 2006 and I was amazed that he was coming back to try to play this soon. My surgeon told me absolutely no twisting of any kind for 6 months or more.

I really hope for his sake and the sake of the sport that he hasn't screwed himself up even worse by coming back too soon.

a Physical Therapist told me just yesterday, coming back too early may have done more damage to his back than he had prior to surgey

This is what I thought when he came back when he did. I went through the same surgery in Jan 2008 and wasn't right until October, without competitive golf. I thought that because Tiger is, well...Tiger he might have bounced back quicker than an average person. I hope he didn't herniate the discs again, because then it's fusion time....and again from experience is no bueno. Took me 2 years before I could trust it.

His shorter swings and tentative approach screamed that his body wasn't ready, nor was his mind. There is a huge mental side to the recovery of any surgery, and the back is the toughest for a golfer. I hope he shuts it down for the year, gets strong and comes back next February/March at 100%. Even Phil looked disappointed that he was down again. Those were pretty classy comments from Lefty.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Watching Golf Central and I see TW's caddie walking the course and measuring etc etc. Could this mean he's going to play? I hope so but at there same time I hope he takes the time to properly heal.

hmmm it's gotta be right then. I think it's whats best for him.

Are those not the players who withdrew last week at the Bridgestone? Wonder if they just copied and pasted?

Are those not the players who withdrew last week at the Bridgestone? Wonder if they just copied and pasted?
Hmmm idk, but that's a good point.

Day is the only one showing up as WD now, so that must have been an error - whether that was putting it up too early or at all is another question.

Day is the only one showing up as WD now, so that must have been an error - whether that was putting it up too early or at all is another question.
i am awaiting my thank you tweet from the PGA of America for alerting them about the "error"

As per NBC golf, Tiger has applied for an extension on the registration cutoff for Valhalla

As per NBC golf, Tiger has applied for an extension on the registration cutoff for Valhalla
Interesting. ..dude needs to shut it down though

Interesting. ..dude needs to shut it down though
I feel like at this point he's just forcing it. Why try to come back and not even make it 4 rounds ya know?

Tiger's judgment has never been one of his strong points.

I am pretty sure he comes back and wins this thing, gets picked for Ryder Cup and wins 2 of 4 of the Fedex Cup events and takes home another $10 million prize.

I am pretty sure he comes back and wins this thing, gets picked for Ryder Cup and wins 2 of 4 of the Fedex Cup events and takes home another $10 million prize.

The crazy thing is, I wouldn't be completely shocked if that happened. However it does appear to be very unlikely.

The guy could barely walk on Sunday, 2 days later he is still not sure, I doubt he has hit any full shots since Sunday & his tee time is 36 or so hours away.....

Back