Things That Irritate You On the Course?

Yesterday there were 2 2somes and a 4some waiting at the 1st tee for a single that some how got out on his own. This kid was dressed like Rickie Fowler and teeing up at the tips. After topping his 1st drive for about 50 yards he tee'd up again and repeated his 1st shot for about 75 yards. He then drove to the 1st ball and shanked it right into the trees THEN walked to the 2nd and hooked it into the trees on the left. to make matters worse he walked to BOTH balls and hit them both again. I think he was laying 15 with 2 balls and not even on the green, that was when I grabbed the starter and pointed out to him that the course was crowded and he needed to pair up this kid with a 2some or refund his money and tell him to come back when it wasn't so busy.

I just roll my eyes when anyone plays from the tips. There are a few players that can truly play from the tips at the course I play at most often, but the majority that do have no business doing so. Heck, some don't have any business playing from the Blues.

Stuff like this, to fat to walk to the green so let's park on the fringe.
u7y6a4ad.jpg

Sent from me probably driving down the road. To busy to stop and read the roses.

I was going to comment on the denim and tee shirt. My hugest pet-peeve.....

Based on their look or talk?

Based on their mannerism on the course and most definitely talk. After three bad shots in a row, why act surprised.

RAIN - It's been raining all morning and I want to play golf this afternoon. So right now Rain on the golf course is the most irritating thing!

I always seem to come across the guy playing solo whom act like he absolutely needs to bang out his round in 2.5 hours. To me speed golf is counterproductive and pointless.

is nothing to play 18 in 2:15 at our course, even walking...but it is a private course that focuses a LOT on pace of play...even 5/6somes will finish in less than 4 hours...

I was going to comment on the denim and tee shirt. My hugest pet-peeve.....

This course is owned by the city and ran by Bill Casper golf. They allow it.

Sent from me probably driving down the road. To busy to stop and read the roses.

I was looking at courses in socal and read a review on Golfnow. The person said they came to the course in a tanktop and they wouldnt let him play. Went on to say that he saw women in them and it was discrimination. Said he would never go back... THANK GOD. I hate people sometimes haha

This course is owned by the city and ran by Bill Casper golf. They allow it.

I'm sure they do. I play at courses where it's allowed but it still bugs me.

I'm sure they do. I play at courses where it's allowed but it still bugs me.

The denim bugs me. I'm guilty of wearing to shirts sometimes when I play there.

When I'm playing with someone who feels the need to check FB or text messages on their phone during the round. Drives me nuts. My wife does it and when I mention it to her she gets mad. I guess I'm the bad guy for enjoying being outside.

My biggest pet peeve of the week is being a member at a course where you have to call in on Wednesday morning for weekend tee times. If you are going to make that rule at least have a few phone lines so that its not just a busy signal from open till 12:00 that day. And by that point the only tee times you can get are in the late morning and afternoon.

I finally found a course without tee times and it works like a charm. Dont ask me how but it is somewhat organic in nature how it always tends to work out.

On course: I cannot stand rude golfers. If im in friendly game for less than 20 dollars don't give my partner a putt and say our team has to take that score even if he misses it so i wont get a read on my birdie putt. If it was the tour i would understand but Come on man!

I also do not like playing with guys that are not self aware. If you are lying 8 and still in the fairway just put it in the pocket and lets go. Work on the range if you want to hit 200 shots a round.

Dude you're a 36 handicap!! you're not that far from 200 yourself! And neither am I but every golfer had to start somewhere!

I also do not like playing with guys that are not self aware. If you are lying 8 and still in the fairway just put it in the pocket and lets go. Work on the range if you want to hit 200 shots a round.

Dude you're a 36 handicap!! you're not that far from 200 yourself! And neither am I but every golfer had to start somewhere!

My ghin is a 3. I don't know how to get the handicap to work on this site.

Good call though bro.

Hitting a great tee shot and getting it on the fairway only to find out that your ball rolled to a dirt patch and there are little pebbles underneath your ball. I dinged the sole of my 8-iron bc of that.

The dirt patch is bad luck and I hate that too, but I take a drop when I visibly can see rocks or pebbles since I don't have a sponsor to replace my clubs.

Also, people who clearly see that they hit into you and refuse to yell "fore", "heads up", or anything for that matter. I played my local track the other day and this foursome of duffers tees off on #1 while I'm on an adjacent hole/tee box. One guy slices his tee shot horribly and comes up about 10 yds short of me...no warning. Next idiot does the same thing but misses my head by about 6 inches - I could hear the ball whiz past me. Scared the sh** out of me! Again, no warning. They cruise over and see me giving them the stink eye and start wandering around nowhere near where they put their tee shots because they could see I was pissed. I finally told the guy who nearly hit me that his ball was over to my left and told him he needs to yell out next time he hits into someone like that. He response "there's no way my shot went that far right". I told him it did and pointed to his ball. He continued to wander around until I drove off then walked over to his ball and proceeded to slice his next shot. If you want to drink beer and act like a moron then hit up the local tavern and stay off the golf course.
I think I might have said "Are you sure?" and then picked it up.

My ghin is a 3. I don't know how to get the handicap to work on this site.

Good call though bro.

Go to "Settings" and then look on the left for Edit User Profile. You change it there. Then save.

Whining guy. Played with him in a twosome yesterday and forgot how totally annoying he is. Waiting on tee boxes was enough to make me want to hit myself over the head with my own clubs. Did my best to steer clear of him on the back 9 and hit away from him.

Guys who just hit any brand that they are playing and don't look at it. Twice today the same group hit my Taylor Made #11. He was playing a #1. He denied it even tho I saw him and he asked for his ball back which I refused since he said he hit "his" ball.

I hear you. One of my regulars hits any ball he can get his hands on and never knows what he is hitting. Before each round I always have to get him to tell me what he is playing. There have been times on a course, where he will be looking for his ball and I will ask him what he is hitting and he will say one brand, just to find another and claim it was his. Annoys me intensely.

Guys who just hit any brand that they are playing and don't look at it. Twice today the same group hit my Taylor Made #11. He was playing a #1. He denied it even tho I saw him and he asked for his ball back which I refused since he said he hit "his" ball.
I put a stop to that by marking my ball in a way that there is absolutely no confusion.

51f582307197229409403764f2e6427c_zps1bc64c54.jpg

I have officially landed on the NO music on the golf course side. Playing tournament this weekend south of Austin, threesome in theory 5 holes up bit realistically 50-60 yards ahead of us (we were on 1 green, they were on 6 tee) blaring music could hear it plain as day, plus they were yelling at each other over the music..hey genius.... Turn down that rap junk and then you can talk to your buddies with having to yell while other people are putting in a tournament.

I, by no means, am a pro or really aspire to be one. I don't have the time. And neither do the friends I play with. We all hit in the 80s to min-90s so we aren't very strict with the rules (I am but only when I play by myself). We also don't give anyone a hard time about how they are with rules if they are paired up with us.

It's a first time for me, but my friend and I were paired up with a random individual who was extremely anal about rules.

Case and point. Off the first tee my friend hits his first drive a little wild and it goes to the right. Not quite a slice but it turned pretty good. He finds it with relative ease and just as he's about to hit it they guy comes up and tells my friend he has to take another tee shot because his ball is out of bounds. Sure enough, we look and his ball is about 5 feet outside of the white stake. This dude goes on and on, meanwhile there's another group pulling up to the tee box. My friend just hits it (which I'm fine with) and we wrap up the hole. Another time my tee shot lands on the fairway but is on top of a red dirt patch with a bunch of rocks underneath (municipal course). With 150yds to go, I take my 8 iron - and since I usually take a divot out with my irons and don't want to ding the crap out of my clubs and chip the chrome off, I push my ball back off the rocks about 8 inches back. My friend understands. We allowed ourselves to do this because both of us have ruined a club or two doing so. This guy just goes nuts! Keep in mind, we've never met the guy and we aren't even in any kind of competition with him. After about 5 holes we just told him to ride ahead of us and we joined a twosome behind us.

I can understand if its a tournament. I would even gladly take a "you know, if you were strict about rules you wouldn't be able to hit your ball if its even a little out of bounds....". But I just couldn't take this guy. Too much!

Just FYI. My friends and I do follow the rules but make some amendments when we think it keeps the flow of our game going (like hitting when were a little bit out of bounds in certain situations), when we think it could damage our equipment, or when we drink :act-up:

I, by no means, am a pro or really aspire to be one. I don't have the time. And neither do the friends I play with. We all hit in the 80s to min-90s so we aren't very strict with the rules (I am but only when I play by myself). We also don't give anyone a hard time about how they are with rules if they are paired up with us.

It's a first time for me, but my friend and I were paired up with a random individual who was extremely anal about rules.

Case and point. Off the first tee my friend hits his first drive a little wild and it goes to the right. Not quite a slice but it turned pretty good. He finds it with relative ease and just as he's about to hit it they guy comes up and tells my friend he has to take another tee shot because his ball is out of bounds. Sure enough, we look and his ball is about 5 feet outside of the white stake. This dude goes on and on, meanwhile there's another group pulling up to the tee box. My friend just hits it (which I'm fine with) and we wrap up the hole. Another time my tee shot lands on the fairway but is on top of a red dirt patch with a bunch of rocks underneath (municipal course). With 150yds to go, I take my 8 iron - and since I usually take a divot out with my irons and don't want to ding the crap out of my clubs and chip the chrome off, I push my ball back off the rocks about 8 inches back. My friend understands. We allowed ourselves to do this because both of us have ruined a club or two doing so. This guy just goes nuts! Keep in mind, we've never met the guy and we aren't even in any kind of competition with him. After about 5 holes we just told him to ride ahead of us and we joined a twosome behind us.

I can understand if its a tournament. I would even gladly take a "you know, if you were strict about rules you wouldn't be able to hit your ball if its even a little out of bounds....". But I just couldn't take this guy. Too much!

Just FYI. My friends and I do follow the rules but make some amendments when we think it keeps the flow of our game going (like hitting when were a little bit out of bounds in certain situations), when we think it could damage our equipment, or when we drink :act-up:
I'd tell that guy to kiss my a$$

I have officially landed on the NO music on the golf course side. Playing tournament this weekend south of Austin, threesome in theory 5 holes up bit realistically 50-60 yards ahead of us (we were on 1 green, they were on 6 tee) blaring music could hear it plain as day, plus they were yelling at each other over the music..hey genius.... Turn down that rap junk and then you can talk to your buddies with having to yell while other people are putting in a tournament.

I like to listen to music on the course, it helps keep me relaxed. However, I know not everyone is like that so I keep my phone in my back pocked with the volume not that high. I've got it down so if your 15ft away, you can't hear the music but also turn it off when there is another group nearby just in case. I have seen people bring a little speaker with them. That's a bit to much.

I'm as strict on myself about the rules as anyone you'll find, but I'd never even consider doing this. If we're not in a tournament, you play by whatever rules you want.

There have been a couple situations where I saw people violating rules and based on their behavior I suspected they misunderstood the rule and I queried them with, "Just checking...you do understand in a tournament that would be a penalty, right?" In each case, they were polite about it and in fact, did misunderstand the rule.

Back