Is it odd to get the same headshape in a different model?

jspangs

Reaction score
Handicap
So, I really want to try a MXM and I've seen them on sale but my predicament is I currently own 2 of the headshapes already, in a Bettinardi sb-12(#9ish) and a Versa #7 US Open Edition. So my only option outside that is a #1 which isn't terrible but I haven't played a blade putter in 3 years or so.

So, I really want to try a MXM and I've seen them on sale but my predicament is I currently own 2 of the headshapes already, in a Bettinardi sb-12(#9ish) and a Versa #7 US Open Edition. So my only option outside that is a #1 which isn't terrible but I haven't played a blade putter in 3 years or so.

I was told numerous times a blade wouldn't work for me. MOI and mallet putters are the only way to go for bad putters. Hawk let me use his Seemore DB4x (Wide flange plumbers neck) and it changed the game for me. Fast forward to now using an Odyssey #1 and putting is actually one of the strengths of my game.

Try everything dude.

I was told numerous times a blade wouldn't work for me. MOI and mallet putters are the only way to go for bad putters. Hawk let me use his Seemore DB4x (Wide flange plumbers neck) and it changed the game for me. Fast forward to now and putting is actually one of the strengths of my game.

Unreal.

Try everything dude.
Oh believe me I've tried just about everything, including that beloved DB4x(i had the db4x private reserve w/Matrix pz135 shaft) I wanted to love it so much, but I couldn't make a putt to save my life with it. I'm a tinkerer and I have my bag pretty set, but heck you never know if something is better if you never try.

Nothing wrong with multiple models of the same shape. I have a collection of Odyssey #9 putters.

I have 5 different versions of a putter model, from the same OEM. Nothing wrong with it.

Nothing wrong with multiple models of the same shape. I have a collection of Odyssey #9 putters.
Was going to mention you haha seriously it's an awesome collection. To the OP, try anything that fits your eye and makes you happy!!

Variety is the spice of life.

I'd say if you like the shape go for it. I have 3 odyssey #9 putters. Love them.

I like different choices so when on is not working i can switch i just make sure they are all face balanced

Back